• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

My Take On McCain's POW Experience

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Your crazy but i like you :linedrunk::linedrunk::linedrunk::linedrunk:

I need to quit posting when im tipsay!!!!

Im glad you agree that Flex's assesment is spot on. As ive stated before i have respect for someone who says something negative baout their candidate.

I have done the same when posting drunk or buzzed. I may not like Obama much, I don't think he is all bad.. I just don't like some key issues of his that are important to me as a voter and as a real conservative American. But I do not like or support McCain, I just liked what I heard about Palin. I don't know if it came off like McCain is my candidate but honestly neither of them are.

Mygeeto

Mygeeto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I know Braaq, as you can see I even tried to walk off the subject of 5 lost jets because I found it irrelevant. It was only used to make a point that he wasn't a great pilot.

I just want to say, the John McCain of today is not the same John McCain of 10+ years ago. Hell, years ago I may have supported him, but he's one example of a politician changed through Zionist Occupied Washington.

fixed :xyxthumbs:

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Is this the only section you read or did you read Flex's post I was replying to, or are you kidding? :dunnodude:

Yep, I read it. But no, I'm truthfully wondering what it has to do with John McCain.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
0905mccainlookalike021fuf9-1.jpg

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hero or not, McCain either has no soul or balls of steel for getting back into a military aircraft in such notice after an incident where jets started exploding in a domino effect on board a Navy ship with McCain barely making out it alive.

I'm sure I know which IS thinks. :hello:

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yep, I read it. But no, I'm truthfully wondering what it has to do with John McCain.

How is it not is a better questions, that is unless, your trying to say you do not see his military service or POW experience a "contribution" to the country. But if you think that it isn't then you would be wrong in your opinion :tiphat: Even if he is playing up the experience the FACTS remains that he WAS in the military regardless of what you think of his service or why he was there, and he WAS a POW no matter if that makes him a hero or what info he gave to live. But how much he plays it up is just rediculous and will/may bite him in the ass when the election comes. If him touting he was a POW or war hero in Vietnam gets him the win.... well then I pray for our future because of the idiots we have voting here :no:

alex

alex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
does the usa have any war heroes or are they all created?Some time ago i was reading an article about a american hero who was supposed to arrest 40 to 50 germans in the ww2,i cant remember his name now but i will try find more on that story,maybe people from the U.S will know better

usa!we create heroes,terrorists,macdonalds...

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
How is it not is a better questions, that is unless, your trying to say you do not see his military service or POW experience a "contribution" to the country. But if you think that it isn't then you would be wrong in your opinion :tiphat: Even if he is playing up the experience the FACTS remains that he WAS in the military regardless of what you think of his service or why he was there, and he WAS a POW no matter if that makes him a hero or what info he gave to live. But how much he plays it up is just rediculous and will/may bite him in the ass when the election comes. If him touting he was a POW or war hero in Vietnam gets him the win.... well then I pray for our future because of the idiots we have voting here :no:

What did Vietnam have to do with being a "contribution to his country"?

Flex; said:
I'm sure I know which IS thinks. :hello:

We're pretty much married. :carduindisguise

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
does the usa have any war heroes or are they all created?Some time ago i was reading an article about a american hero who was supposed to arrest 40 to 50 germans in the ww2,i cant remember his name now but i will try find more on that story,maybe people from the U.S will know better

I know who your talking about but I cant put my finger on who it is. There is a WW2 movie on him.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What did Vietnam have to do with being a "contribution to his country"?

:no: regardless of what you think Vietnam was, serving in the military is a sacrifice and contribution.

Next

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
just a side note, doesn't have to do with this
but bout the number of suicides from soldiers from iraq etc..
over 150 i believe.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
:no: regardless of what you think Vietnam was, serving in the military is a sacrifice and contribution.

Next

A service and contribution to what?

So... just because your boss tells you to, you go over halfway around the world, kill tons of people you've never met, who did nothing to you, or your country... and that is a service and contribution to your country? :uhoh2:

Am I missing something? To me, people in the military who can put their conscience in the garbage and fight in these bullshit wars (especially pilots, who just shoot at people from the sky), are nothing more than glorified hitmen.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
A service and contribution to what?

So... just because your boss tells you to, you go over halfway around the world, kill tons of people you've never met, who did nothing to you, or your country... and that is a service and contribution to your country? :uhoh2:

Am I missing something? To me, people in the military who can put their conscience in the garbage and fight in these bullshit wars (especially pilots, who just shoot at people from the sky), are nothing more than glorified hitmen.

Now you have crossed into the realm of a hippie, good job...... :carduindisguise
Ron Paul would not agree with that statement, I am 100% sure about that. You can say what you want about those that declare, lead, or start the wars but to go that far is just despicable and an extremist opinion and nothing more.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Braaq just referred to Ironslave as a hippie. :keke:

My opinion is John McCain obviously did a service to his country, but not exactly what i'd call a "contribution." McCain showed he was a coward not just by dropping bombs in the air killing many innocent people. But, by making himself out to be something he wasn't, an American "hero."

If my mission failed and I was captured, I would have done the same as McCain in giving away any information I know in exchange for health care. Especially considering I would of disagreed with most of the violence we (the United States) were causing. If I were McCain, I'd tell people I was flattered by the MSM referring to him as an American Hero, but tens of thousands Americans, both northern and southern Vietnemese, and even some Russians should be considered heroes just as much, if not more than myself; you will not hear McCain say that, especially through this presidential campaign. Now, about 40 years later he's using it as a reason for a free ride through Washington. First through Congress, then Senate, now Presidency. That, is what makes John McCain a coward.

Mygeeto

Mygeeto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
what makes people think John McCain is a hero, someone else has done and is taking some serious negative flak from: read, the Pilot who's bomb/missile killed 80-90 people in Iraq.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Now you have crossed into the realm of a hippie, good job...... :carduindisguise
Ron Paul would not agree with that statement, I am 100% sure about that. You can say what you want about those that declare, lead, or start the wars but to go that far is just despicable and an extremist opinion and nothing more.

Well, he'd probably be more politically correct than to come out and say it like me, but oh well.

How is what a mafia hitman does any different than what the fighter pilots like McCain did in Vietnam? At least the mafia hitmen 1) had the guys to do it in person, and not from an airplane miles in the air and 2) at least they don't bullshit, like claiming they were "doing it for their country or freedom" or something. Both are despicable.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
James makes a good point, I probably disagree with a small amount of it.

1.) Many people in the military are brainwashed to believe they're the "good guys" and the evil they're causing will actually cause more "freedom" for the United States. That basically means a hitman and a US Navy pilot doing a service for his country have a difference in their morals.

2.) A hitman rarely increases the power of their own country. Unless, he's doing inside work for a country's government.

I would possibly be able to think of others, but I feel brain-dead right now. My decrease of calories may have something to do with it.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
James makes a good point, I probably disagree with a small amount of it.

1.) Many people in the military are brainwashed to believe they're the "good guys" and the evil they're causing will actually cause more "freedom" for the United States. That basically means a hitman and a US Navy pilot doing a service for his country have a difference in their morals.

This is a really good point, and I'm sure the soldiers are led to believe they're "fighting for their country." Hell, even those completely against the war, many/most of them are reluctant to say that they aren't hero's or what not.

2.) A hitman rarely increases the power of their own country. Unless, he's doing inside work for a country's government.

I would possibly be able to think of others, but I feel brain-dead right now. My decrease of calories may have something to do with it.

They're different, obviously, but I think the analogy isn't that far off. Here's another one...

Let's compare a soldier going into Iraq, with someone walking through Harlem New York wearing a KKK outfit. Are both people "brave"? Yes, both are putting themselves in a situation where just being there, they will piss off a lot of people, and likely get attacked.

Soldiers in Vietnam/Iraq might be brave, and some might do some heroic things (ie, save other troops in their platoon).. but just being there doesn't make them a hero, or mean they're serving their country.