• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

My Take On McCain's POW Experience

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
They're different, obviously, but I think the analogy isn't that far off. Here's another one....

I know it isn't far off, that's what I was saying. My two points were the two best reasons I could come up with for Braaq's disagreement.

I've never heard the analogy before, but it's certainly clever. It's just such a huge difference in power, making it understandibly difficult to grasp.

If you're looking for an even better analogy, how about the son of a KKK member. He's brought up to believe what he's doing is "right" from his father, and he's doing a service for the white people. The father plays the roll of a generals in the United States military while the leaders of the KKK would be the president/vice president/secretary of defense. Not sure who would be considered the MSM, maybe the very opinionated KKK members? lol.

:dunnodude:

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well, he'd probably be more politically correct than to come out and say it like me, but oh well.

How is what a mafia hitman does any different than what the fighter pilots like McCain did in Vietnam? At least the mafia hitmen 1) had the guys to do it in person, and not from an airplane miles in the air and 2) at least they don't bullshit, like claiming they were "doing it for their country or freedom" or something. Both are despicable.

For such an intelligent guy and usually great debater that is the worst analogy ever :49:

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Braaq just referred to Ironslave as a hippie. :keke:

My opinion is John McCain obviously did a service to his country, but not exactly what i'd call a "contribution." McCain showed he was a coward not just by dropping bombs in the air killing many innocent people. But, by making himself out to be something he wasn't, an American "hero."

If my mission failed and I was captured, I would have done the same as McCain in giving away any information I know in exchange for health care. Especially considering I would of disagreed with most of the violence we (the United States) were causing. If I were McCain, I'd tell people I was flattered by the MSM referring to him as an American Hero, but tens of thousands Americans, both northern and southern Vietnemese, and even some Russians should be considered heroes just as much, if not more than myself; you will not hear McCain say that, especially through this presidential campaign. Now, about 40 years later he's using it as a reason for a free ride through Washington. First through Congress, then Senate, now Presidency. That, is what makes John McCain a coward.

Now that is a great argument and great post :xyxthumbs:, I won't argue with that at all.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
For such an intelligent guy and usually great debater that is the worst analogy ever :49:

Not really.... both just do what their superiors tell them, and don't ask questions why :dunnodude:

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Not really.... both just do what their superiors tell them, and don't ask questions why :dunnodude:

So does anyone with superiors, so what is your point? My point is that is an awful, awful comparison and not valid at all, but you can think so if it makes you feel better :tiphat: