• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

My Take On McCain's POW Experience

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
4,295
Points
38
They're different, obviously, but I think the analogy isn't that far off. Here's another one....

I know it isn't far off, that's what I was saying. My two points were the two best reasons I could come up with for Braaq's disagreement.

I've never heard the analogy before, but it's certainly clever. It's just such a huge difference in power, making it understandibly difficult to grasp.

If you're looking for an even better analogy, how about the son of a KKK member. He's brought up to believe what he's doing is "right" from his father, and he's doing a service for the white people. The father plays the roll of a generals in the United States military while the leaders of the KKK would be the president/vice president/secretary of defense. Not sure who would be considered the MSM, maybe the very opinionated KKK members? lol.

:dunnodude:
 
Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jun 12, 2007
Messages
5,990
Points
38
Well, he'd probably be more politically correct than to come out and say it like me, but oh well.

How is what a mafia hitman does any different than what the fighter pilots like McCain did in Vietnam? At least the mafia hitmen 1) had the guys to do it in person, and not from an airplane miles in the air and 2) at least they don't bullshit, like claiming they were "doing it for their country or freedom" or something. Both are despicable.

For such an intelligent guy and usually great debater that is the worst analogy ever :49:
 
Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jun 12, 2007
Messages
5,990
Points
38
Braaq just referred to Ironslave as a hippie. :keke:

My opinion is John McCain obviously did a service to his country, but not exactly what i'd call a "contribution." McCain showed he was a coward not just by dropping bombs in the air killing many innocent people. But, by making himself out to be something he wasn't, an American "hero."

If my mission failed and I was captured, I would have done the same as McCain in giving away any information I know in exchange for health care. Especially considering I would of disagreed with most of the violence we (the United States) were causing. If I were McCain, I'd tell people I was flattered by the MSM referring to him as an American Hero, but tens of thousands Americans, both northern and southern Vietnemese, and even some Russians should be considered heroes just as much, if not more than myself; you will not hear McCain say that, especially through this presidential campaign. Now, about 40 years later he's using it as a reason for a free ride through Washington. First through Congress, then Senate, now Presidency. That, is what makes John McCain a coward.

Now that is a great argument and great post :xyxthumbs:, I won't argue with that at all.
 
Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
4,104
Points
38
For such an intelligent guy and usually great debater that is the worst analogy ever :49:

Not really.... both just do what their superiors tell them, and don't ask questions why :dunnodude:
 
Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jun 12, 2007
Messages
5,990
Points
38
Not really.... both just do what their superiors tell them, and don't ask questions why :dunnodude:

So does anyone with superiors, so what is your point? My point is that is an awful, awful comparison and not valid at all, but you can think so if it makes you feel better :tiphat:
 
Top