• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Not good for bodybuilding...

Mike33

Mike33

I don't know how you can hate bodybuilding, I love the sport:) That's why I compete in bodybuilding, I love to compete, the lifstyle and be "big and beautiful" like Shawn Ray said, that's why I will do this as long as I can. My goal is to one day to earn a pro-card. But I don't care when it happens, I just know that one day it will.
Of course everybody should have their opinions and that's nothing wrong with that, but if you don't like bodybuilding, why be here in this forum?:p

I don't care about bodybuilding is going to be "mainstream" or not. I think you just should do what you love and don't care about anything else what people say.
I here it all the time here in Sweden where I live, "why bodybuild"?, it's not fun, it's bad for you, steriods, it's ugly etc... HEY MAN, do your thing and I do mine =)
If you love to eat pizza, bake your pizza and eat, good for you. If you love climbing or whatever, DO IT:) I encourages you...

I wanna inspire people like Arnold and others have inspired me with bodybuilding:) that's is my number one goal after the pro-card. I wanna show people nothing is impossible, and that you should do what you love no matter what:)

//Mike Eskola.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
@ Flex, yeah i agree that it will never be Mainstream but my comments were mostly directed towards Clint and the sentiments of looking down on bodybuilding/ers as an unworthy or unfulfilling lifestyle.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
Great Stuff Mike.

For those who dont know here is Mike's website Mike Eskola

Mike33

Mike33

Thanks a lot Natzo:) Appricate it.

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I expected answers like these. Which is totally fine, we all have our own opinions and unless we had some official representative in here with the books of a few companies on hand we wont know 100%.

A couple of you asked why I'm on a bodybuilding forum. The answer lies in my profile. Look at my sign up date, I've been here since the beginning and came from BBD. I was younger and was intrigued with bodybuilding. I still love training, reading articles and studies, learning about nutrition. I train hard and eat healthy. I even wake up at 3am every single morning to train before work which starts at 7am. Usually I go after work too for some cardio because I genuinely like cardio. I'm no bodybuilder though, and I don't want to be. I've moved on with bigger and better things to consume my life with.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
"Bigger and Better" In your opinion but honestly its great that you made changes to accommodate your preferences. Bodybuilding, like ANYTHING, sucks if it makes you unhappy. Im all about having a fun journey through life. I have a lot of fun with BBing but i dont take it that seriously at this point although i want to compete in 2-3 years. We'll see how i feel about it after that. Regardless, if it wasnt for bodybuilding i would still be the out of shape fat kid i was, it opened the door for a new outlook and a potential lifetime of exercise.

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Bigger and better in my opinion? Did you mean for that to sound disrespectful? My career and education are bigger than bodybuilding. I really hope that goes for everyone.

pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
"My career and education are bigger than bodybuilding."
Surely you mean 'bodybuilding that you did' and not the sport itself, right? I hope thats what you meant!

Judging by wording & tone of "Did you mean for that to sound disrespectful?" I'm guessing you mean its bigger than the sport of BBing... but still I would rather hear it from you?

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I mean I hope each individual takes their career and education, if they're indeed in school, more seriously than bodybuilding.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
oh ok, I will second that.
But if someone has an opportunity knocking at their door step like its is for some of the up & coming BBers these days then I dont see any harm in following their dreams... but thats a very fine line, one that is very hard to recognize for young adults stung by iron bug!

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I train at a gym with a lot of "bodybuilders"

To me, it's mildly entertaining....but also somewhat sad.....many of these guys think their the next Ronnie Coleman or Jay Cutler or Phil Heath.....and some of them have thrown aside their education and/or career to persue being a "top IFBB pro".....when these guys have below average genetics and no shot at being a top amateur, let alone an Olympian

Many bodybuilders think they are attempting to "live the dream," when it's really just a bad obsession.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This thread really looks like I'm ripping on bodybuilding, when it's pretty much my favorite sport.

I'm more ripping on a lot of the people that do it. Because I don't think anyone can deny here, there are a lot of douche bags in this sport.

Mike33

Mike33

I here that all the time, "bodybuilding comes second etc"... Bodybuilding is my goal and dream and I don't care what
anybody else says:)

I still work and enjoy my life, but my passion and dedication goes to bodybuilding. If I say it like this, my "regular life", work, carrer can have my heart. But bodybuilding has my mind and my soul;)

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Thats true Flex but its the same in any sport. Bodybuilding is more of a selfish sport and not a team sport so many douche bags in other sports have years and years to learn to be humble and respectful. Now think about the guys in sports that have had so many years being tought about team and fan values and they are still douche bags.

kn609

kn609

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
oh ok, I will second that.
But if someone has an opportunity knocking at their door step like its is for some of the up & coming BBers these days then I dont see any harm in following their dreams... but thats a very fine line, one that is very hard to recognize for young adults stung by iron bug!
I'm all for following your dreams and pursuing your passions, but there are some exceptions, and personally, I believe bodybuilding is one of them. Bodybuilding really is a selfish sport. It`s one thing to do a sport that only benefits you (I guess it benefits the viewers and maybe temporarily your lover if she is into that), but it's another thing to do a sport that has many negatives to it. It not only harms your body, but it can psychologically harm the loved ones around you. Let's not forget about the amount of food bodybuilders eat, the money spent on drugs, the amount of support you need from your loved ones, the sacrifices you make, your ego becomes much bigger, etc. Clearly, the negatives outweigh the positives. I love bodybuilding, but it really is a destructive and unnatural sport, at least at the pro ranks. I know it will never become a mainstream sport, and I believe it shouldn't. The more popular it gets, the more people will want to participate in it and believe they have a chance at being successful in it and throwing away so much of their life only to realize they don't have the genetics for it. If BBing was as popular as soccer, think of all the food wasted. It'd be great if it could become mainstream with people only following it, but sadly, people will want to pursue a sport that they don't have a chance at excelling. This sport is only for a select, though anyone can enjoy following it. Unfortunately, with more popularity comes more naive participants that don't understand that it's only for a select few and it's quite destructive. It's fine and possibly healthy if it's a hobby, but when it becomes your life, then it's not very good in the long run for you and your loved ones.