• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Official Film Discussion and Last Movie You Watched

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yeah, way to go chesti:tear:

I rented it:noesskull:

:49:I look forward to seeing how much better than the first it was. Either way, I know it'll be another nail in the coffin of Uwe Boll as far as I'm concerned.

Plus, lol at Spaulding being the first actor credit on the back of the DVD. It obviously has a real bang up cast, ya?

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well, I've seen worse.

But that's like saying losing one testicle is better than two.

Although seeing the first movie felt like losing three, so anything's better than that.

I was just waiting for the someone to say how much Boll sucked in the extras, but they were all pansies about it.

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
onebigeric said:
Well, I've seen worse.

But that's like saying losing one testicle is better than two.

Although seeing the first movie felt like losing three, so anything's better than that.

I was just waiting for the someone to say how much Boll sucked in the extras, but they were all pansies about it.
....you WATCHED the extras :shootme: :runinafire:

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Chesticles said:
....you WATCHED the extras :shootme: :runinafire:

:tear: That's how I feel too...

Their niche in the genre is just broken. The 'hyper-sapien' premise is stupid, and the vg's themselves weren't ever known for their storiline integrity/worth. The end was laughably hilarious, as they're trying to appeal to the everything-goes-to-crap zombie scenario that makes fans of the genre like me salivate with anticipation. It's a weak 'trilogy', a weak premise, and overall another weak movie. But taking the first into account, I really expected no less.

Although the worst zombie movie of all time is, without a shred of doubt in my mind, 'Day of the Dead 2:Contagion'. They first had the audacity to claim their crap rag was a sequel to a Romero film. They then proceeded to produce the most piss-poor example of a wannabe zombie film I've ever had the displeasure to see. It was like Brock vs. Goldberg with Austin as the special referee at WM20; yeah, it was that bad:noesskull:

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
onebigeric said:
:tear: That's how I feel too...

Their niche in the genre is just broken. The 'hyper-sapien' premise is stupid, and the vg's themselves weren't ever known for their storiline integrity/worth. The end was laughably hilarious, as they're trying to appeal to the everything-goes-to-crap zombie scenario that makes fans of the genre like me salivate with anticipation. It's a weak 'trilogy', a weak premise, and overall another weak movie. But taking the first into account, I really expected no less.

Although the worst zombie movie of all time is, without a shred of doubt in my mind, 'Day of the Dead 2:Contagion'. They first had the audacity to claim their crap rag was a sequel to a Romero film. They then proceeded to produce the most piss-poor example of a wannabe zombie film I've ever had the displeasure to see. It was like Brock vs. Goldberg with Austin as the special referee at WM20; yeah, it was that bad:noesskull:
I actually own all the romero films, and love them, even the remake of dawn of the dead (the zombies running screaming after you was a great touch in my book) but I've never heard of this "sequel". Details Eric?

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Don't ask. Seriously. It's not a sequel, and it doesn't even have any real zombies. It's a truly worthless film. Avoid it like you would any STD. It's like the joke goes-

What's worse than lobsters on your piano?

Crabs on your organ.

Day of the Dead wasn't a high point in the Romero films, and this collection of stills that'd like to be called a film doesn't even approach it. Think closeups of guys 'firing'(no muzzle flash or cartidge, nor slide movement; a guy is moving his wrist a bit with a model gun) a friggin Beretta M92FS(standard issue for the US military since the early 90's) in a bit that was supposed to have occurred in the 60's. Like I said, complete garbage.

And yeah, the Dawn remake was incredible. Some anal purists have condemed it, but Zach Snyder did an amazing job in my eyes. I feel he captured the whole 'world's going to crap' show and feel better than Romero really ever did. You can't tell me all those who've talked crap about said movie wouldn't soil themselves when a running zombie booked after them either. Freaky stuff, and 28 days later didn't come up with it first. They weren't even zombies; more like screwed up cannibal mental patients.

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
onebigeric said:
And yeah, the Dawn remake was incredible. Some anal purists have condemed it, but Zach Snyder did an amazing job in my eyes. I feel he captured the whole 'world's going to crap' show and feel better than Romero really ever did. You can't tell me all those who've talked crap about said movie wouldn't soil themselves when a running zombie booked after them either. Freaky stuff, and 28 days later didn't come up with it first. They weren't even zombies; more like screwed up cannibal mental patients.
Yes I to would shit my pants if I saw that asian zombie running at me with one arm lol.

And don't act like you didn't like 28 days later :spy:

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Oh, I saw 28 days later. I certainly enjoyed it to a degree; I'm just tired of people referring to it as a zombie film. It captured the 'everything's screwed' scenario extremely well.

Thank you for the heads up on the official sequel. After that filth rag hit, Romero probably wanted something with some quality to stand as a real contribution to the genre, not a major hinderance. I'll check the links out when I have more time:xyxthumbs:

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I liked 28 days later. And the Dead remake.

I got Pulse yesterday - the original Japanese film so hopefully watch that this weekend.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Let us know how the original is, Rocky. I tried to sit through Ringu, but it was just too goofy.

28 Weeks Later looks awesome:noesskull:

And go Ving Rhames in the Day remake!

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Can't believe you didn't like Ringu - it pisses over the remake.
The second one is freaky as hell too, but the third one was shite.

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Just when I saw them drag the kids out of their car, the 'eyes rolled up and mouths wide open' thing made he laugh. Taking the rest seriously was tough after that.

I wasn't a big fan of the remakes either though. Here's to empty England giving the US some problems....28 weeks later......:noesskull:

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
So I hate my local theaters. They didn't get Marie Antoinette or The Prestige. I did manage to see two other movies though and I'll write up reviews shortly:

-Flags of Our Fathers *** (out of 4)
-The Illusionist *** (out of 4)

F

fistacuffs

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
My personal review for the Prestige is 3.5 out of 4 stars! I thought the cast, plot and cinematography were all top notch!

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I just watched "I'll always know what you did last summer".

3 words:

Worst Movie Ever!!

MexicanMuscle

MexicanMuscle

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
well in the past three days i have seen a good bit of movies, i liked all of them, here's the list: Se7en, Nacho Libre, The Jacket, American History X, Click, Panic Room, An American Haunting, and A Beautiful Mind.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I just got some DVD's through the post:

The Matador
Lucky Number Slevin
Inside Man
Lady Vengeance (Japanese)
Slither.

Should keep me going for a couple of days.

MexicanMuscle

MexicanMuscle

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^Lucky Number Slevin and Inside Man are very good!