• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Official Film Discussion and Last Movie You Watched

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What is it with you and japanese movies?

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Catch Akira Kurosawa's 'Seven Samurai'. Too many freakin' kids have dilluted the concept of Japanese cinema with anime and such junk, but it's an older movie that's definitely worth seeing.

shorty

shorty

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Derailed was better then i was expecting, but this formula has been used too many times, i guess the challenge was seeing how long you can watch without figuring out the twist

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I realy didn't like it all that much. It had twists but I feel it relied too much on Clive Owen to really carry it. He's done better; he was excellent in King Arthur, Sin City, and the Inside Man, among others.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Haven't seen Inside Man yet unfortunately. Gonna watch "Shooting Dogs" tonight about the Rwandan Genocide - cheery viewing..

Then "The Ringer" - an equally thought provoking film.

L

Lemon_Shrimp

Rocky said:
Haven't seen Inside Man yet unfortunately. Gonna watch "Shooting Dogs" tonight about the Rwandan Genocide - cheery viewing..

Cool, I love comedies

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Okay, Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning is the most fucked up movie ever made, without question. There's no way there's a film with more gore than this one.

It's unbelieveable that it only got an "R" rating.

Overall: C+

My 2003 remake rating: B+

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
shorty

shorty

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
what about the story, im considering watching it, but if the movie only has gore then forget it

gore doesnt make a movie scary, twisting plots and confusion's leave the last impression

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
shorty said:
what about the story, im considering watching it, but if the movie only has gore then forget it

gore doesnt make a movie scary, twisting plots and confusion's leave the last impression
The story leading up to why they end up at the house is fine. Not really too many twists going on in it.

A lot of people have complained that it's a little bit too similar to the last one. This movie takes place around the Hewitt's house more than the remake. Much less chasing in this one.

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Rocky said:

I feel like a bad person for laughing so much when I saw the Ringer, although the overall tone and message was a lot better than I thought it would be.

Caught Fearles today, and I felt it was amazing. Made me want to teach right after I left the theater.

One down, and three to go on my semi-strange movie list-TCM:TB(for kicks), The Departed, and JA 2.

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Saw TCM:TB today, and it was...meh. Sorry Flex. There's been more done with the series, but there's been worse as well. Not a bad movie, but it just felt uninspired. Everyone was beyond stupid, and 'military bro' ended up being the most worthless out of all of them. It was hard for me to care about any of the victims when it seemed they were basically putting their heads on their respective chopping blocks all on their own.

That, and it didn't help that they made Leatherface look like Abyss from TNA for about half of the movie. Gore and shock alone does not a movie make, even with a huge budget and a couple known names.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
I plan on seeing The Departed tomorrow afternoon or night. Then, next week on 10/20 the following movies are coming out so I'll probably be living at the theater:

-Flags of our Fathers
-Marie Antoinette
-The Prestige

...it's about goddamn time this year starts kicking it up a notch.

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^Flags of our Fathers and The Prestige are on my 'when they hit' list as well. Good call, Line.

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Anyone seen the new will farrell movie?

Worth seeing?

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
onebigeric said:
Saw TCM:TB today, and it was...meh. Sorry Flex. There's been more done with the series, but there's been worse as well. Not a bad movie, but it just felt uninspired. Everyone was beyond stupid, and 'military bro' ended up being the most worthless out of all of them. It was hard for me to care about any of the victims when it seemed they were basically putting their heads on their respective chopping blocks all on their own.

That, and it didn't help that they made Leatherface look like Abyss from TNA for about half of the movie. Gore and shock alone does not a movie make, even with a huge budget and a couple known names.
I agree with everything you said. Funny how there was more character development towards the boys then on either girl especially Jordana.

I don't think it's a great film at all, but it's watchable. I would say I was a little disappointed. Would you rate it lower than my C+?

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^I'd likely saddle it with around the same grade, with a straight C being the most likely. Respect for the original stays my hand, and the fact that it does have a shred of continuity. If it was a stand alone movie, it'd probably be in the D range for me.

TJ

TJ

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Anyone like Inside Man here?

Personally, I loved it for so many reasons but I'm just curious what you guys think.