• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Official Film Discussion and Last Movie You Watched

skindnef

skindnef

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I can't believe you stated that the film was well shot. It was a faux-documentary film that reveled in its own artifice.

I didn't say that, exactly. I said that there were too many great shots to be a 4.

Tonight, watched 30 minutes of Millennium Mambo and then Antonioni's
Eclipse
&
The passenger

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
I didn't say that, exactly. I said that there were too many great shots to be a 4.

Tonight, watched 30 minutes of Millennium Mambo and then Antonioni's
Eclipse
&
The passenger
But I counter that it's faux-documentarian style makes it aesthetically generic, thus disagreeing that it has really any shots worth remembering. Anyway, why did you only watch 30 minutes of Millennium Mambo? Now there's a film worth watching.

skindnef

skindnef

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Totally agree, It is a film worth watching. Much Tarkovsky-ish love there. It started as a comparison of approach between Millennium Mambo & Eclipse. similar stories.

Trying to have enough time to watch a Jean-Luc Godard film, breathless I think, which we didn't get to.

brendan

brendan

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
just watched The Visitor. (2007)
not bad.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Twilight - 8/10 Great movie. I was actually surprised, I didn't think it was going to be as good as it was. It may be just my opinion but I enjoyed it. I like how they portrayed the vampires, but the ending wasn't very good.

You are so gay.:icon_ninja:

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You are so gay.:icon_ninja:

For liking a Vampire movie??? I think not...:talkhand:

On another note, I saw:

My Little Pony: The Movie - 10/10 Everything about this movie was A class and the story blew me off my seat. Definitely in my top 10 movies of all time. :borat:

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Every time Line blasts a movie I like, like how I liked Twilight, when I watch the movie again I can't help but notice everything he says... then I don't really find anything about the movie that great. Thanks a lot Line :shakefist:

I think I am going to have to not mention movies that I have seen :keke:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Line wins :linedrunk:

There maybe something to this reviewing of movies. :bitelip: Becoming less of a passive viewer and more active viewer may help some people find more in their entertainment (or less in the case of anything starring Will Ferrel).

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Line wins :linedrunk:

There maybe something to this reviewing of movies. :bitelip: Becoming less of a passive viewer and more active viewer may help some people find more in their entertainment (or less in the case of anything starring Will Ferrel).

will ferrel is awesome and makes comedies even better. this is not up for dispute. i'd hate to watch movies and not be able to actually enjoy it for what it is rather than dissect the living daylights out of it.

i can't believe you guys reaming blake for liking twilight

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You liked Twilight too?
:gayaway:

i actually haven't even seen it. but my brother, who has similar taste to my own, said it was pretty good and that if you can, being a guy, get over the love story aspect it's quite enjoyable. i haven't watched yet, but i will.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
will ferrel is awesome and makes comedies even better. this is not up for dispute. i'd hate to watch movies and not be able to actually enjoy it for what it is rather than dissect the living daylights out of it.

i can't believe you guys reaming blake for liking twilight

:doh:

Will Ferrel is annoying, not funny.

He has made me laugh in a few movies.

But then again given the amount of stuff he does it was bound to happen eventually. Law of averages, not any actual talent on his behalf.

Besides which I was using him as an analogous figure to represent the guilty pleasures or mindless entertainment that we all watch. I have really enjoyed some movies that would be regarded as stupid and dumb (action, comedy, whatever). Were they entertaining, yes, were they any good, not really. These type of films aren't always easy to make but they are formulaic and lack any real creative ability to put together. They also tend to be very disposable and as such have no real lasting impact or value. As such the likes of Kevin Smith and Michael Bay will continue to make films whilst never making anything that is of high art or challenging entertainment.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
i actually haven't even seen it. but my brother, who has similar taste to my own, said it was pretty good and that if you can, being a guy, get over the love story aspect it's quite enjoyable. i haven't watched yet, but i will.
Seeing how Hiroshima on amour, McCabe & Mrs. Miller, and Jules et Jim are all in my top 10 films of all time and prominently feature a "love story aspect" or two, I don't see how I'd discriminate against this.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ I saw that in the cinema. It was woeful.

At least I got my monies worth. I got to see the fall of Eddy's career right there on the big screen.

FuManChu

FuManChu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Vampire In Brooklyn wasnt bad...
I still reckon Night Hunter is one of the best vampire movies ever made :gaysign:
nighthunter6-1.jpg