• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Official Film Discussion and Last Movie You Watched

skindnef

skindnef

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hiroshima on amour, McCabe & Mrs. Miller, and Jules et Jim are all in my top 10 films of all time
The Altman surprised me.
Jules & Jim ~ Excellent movie
Hiroshima mon amour ~ unfinished viewing.
Same year Moreau was in Eva & the Trial. A few years later Viva Maria.
Did you see Beyond the clouds?

51WTP3VKZPL-1.jpg

is-it-tomorrow-yet.jpg

25819-large.jpg

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Vampire In Brooklyn wasnt bad...
I still reckon Night Hunter is one of the best vampire movies ever made :gaysign:
nighthunter6-1.jpg

There was a James Woods one that was quite good, although very B-grade. James essentially headed up a Catholic Church hit squad that took out vampires and then an Archbishop did a deal with the first vampire to finish the ceremony that created him (he thought he would make a second Jesus or something).
Vampirestill-1.jpg

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
The Altman surprised me.
Jules & Jim ~ Excellent movie
Hiroshima mon amour ~ unfinished viewing.
Same year Moreau was in Eva & the Trial. A few years later Viva Maria.
Did you see Beyond the clouds?
I have a copy but haven't watched it yet, as I want to get more Antonioni and some Wenders under my belt before going into it. Otherwise I'll feel cold. I'm not exactly sure why the Altman surprises you; he's one of the best American filmmakers to ever live. Also, how do you start Hiroshima mon amour and not finish it?! It's captivating. Criterion is also releasing Last Year at Marienbad in the coming months which, if you haven't seen, I strongly recommend checking out.

FuManChu

FuManChu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
There was a James Woods one that was quite good, although very B-grade. James essentially headed up a Catholic Church hit squad that took out vampires and then an Archbishop did a deal with the first vampire to finish the ceremony that created him (he thought he would make a second Jesus or something).
Vampirestill-1.jpg

Yes!
I likes that one, it was very good...
Im still trying to get it on dvd.

There was a sequel with Bon Jovi, but apparently it sucks...

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Yeh I watched the sequel. I was wondering why I bothered. Bon Jovi is passable at best.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Okay saw two films last night:

Faust 5.0 - absolutely brilliant and a visceral watch. It completely drew me in and left me agape. It really was a great take on the German tale. Best movie I've seen in ages.

Bubble Boy - I am actually dumber for not having turned off this trash 15mins earlier than the 20mins it took me to. I can honestly say that brain cells have died and left a bloody puddle on my pillow.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Faust 5.0 - absolutely brilliant and a visceral watch. It completely drew me in and left me agape. It really was a great take on the German tale. Best movie I've seen in ages.
Have you seen the original?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Don't think I have. Apparently brilliant also.

I've looked for it in the DVD store and they haven't got it. Not surprising really. This was a cult movie screening on TV, they may play the original.

skindnef

skindnef

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have a copy but haven't watched it yet, as I want to get more Antonioni and some Wenders under my belt before going into it. Otherwise I'll feel cold. I'm not exactly sure why the Altman surprises you; he's one of the best American filmmakers to ever live. Also, how do you start Hiroshima mon amour and not finish it?! It's captivating.

The "Altman" just did, I don't know.

My favorites by;
Antonioni ~ Red Desert, Eclipse, The passenger
Wenders ~ Paris, Texas , kings of the road, Wings of desire

Hiroshima mon amour .....like fine wine maybe, you don't just slam the bottle?! I have technically watched the whole movie but,
Seriously ADHD friends can wreck a movie & that's one of them. eventual rewatch.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The Narrow Margin - interesting film noir. A bit b-grade (apparently it was) but the performances were solid and the script tight. It also kept the tension and suspense going with a twist (that was a little convenient and unlikely). I'm definitely watching some more of these old films. I've seen three now (two Bogart) and they have all been good. Can't say the same for modern films.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Re-watched Good Night and Good Luck for possibly the 4th time last night.

I never fail to be impressed with this film. I think that one of the themes discussed and the central argument in the opening scene are probably something that needs to be explored and given greater attention. We have moved away from commercial (and non-commercial) news actually providing well researched and unbiased presentation of information. Newstainment is not only a reality it is the driving force of modern media and information, setting the standard for the way we approach communication. This is truely a sad state of affairs.

jnutz19

jnutz19

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Never Back Down 7.5/10
pretty kick ass movie

brendan

brendan

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
the curious case of Benjamin Button.
10/10

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Im just not that into you....it wak ok actually...long but ok....my gf made me watch it.....7/10

FuManChu

FuManChu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Phantom Punch - 8/10
Surprisingly good!
Ving Rhames is as awesome as ever. Theres not alot to it, but its enjoyable.
Kinda felt sorry for the Liston character.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
American History X - 9/10 - Always enjoyed this movie.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
the wrestler was really really good. i don't think i've ever felt like i've known a character better than the Randy "ram" nor been happy as he was happy and down as he was down. great movie. not my favorite ending though, but still not a bad one. but the ending pretty much implies that everything ends unfavorably which is a bit of a downer for such a relatable underdog of a character.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
but the ending pretty much implies that everything ends unfavorably which is a bit of a downer for such a relatable underdog of a character.
You think dying doing what he loves most would be an unfavorable conclusion for him?

I'm glad you liked it regardless.

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
the wrestler was really really good. i don't think i've ever felt like i've known a character better than the Randy "ram" nor been happy as he was happy and down as he was down. great movie. not my favorite ending though, but still not a bad one. but the ending pretty much implies that everything ends unfavorably which is a bit of a downer for such a relatable underdog of a character.

There was so much meaning in that movie and basically the ending was good because he had lost everything and nothing to look back too. So they may as well end it doing what he loved to do, wrestle.