• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Official Film Discussion and Last Movie You Watched

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I got "United 93" today and "Curb your enthusiasm season 5". Will watch them when I've finished 24 season 5. :)

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I brought scary movie 4 the other day (I had to own all of them) and did anyone else notice the nip slip at the pillow fight at the start?

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
World Trade Center

Plot: D
Acting: C-
Visuals: B+
Music: F
Overall: D

I can't stand Oliver Stone.

:no:

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Maybe Oliver Stone can't stand you.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I quite fancy seeing WTC - is your opinion biased towards your dislike for Stone at all Flex?

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
I don't even see the point in why WTC was made. It just comes across as some sappy hero story based around 9/11 which makes it impervious to harsh criticism from the general public. Stone obviously just wants to get his name back into more mainstream products because he hasn't done anything worthwhile since 1991.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Finally got round to watching "United 93" last night.

What a fucking great film. Using a cast of unknowns and being shot by a British director probably helped. And the documentary feel to the direction added to the reality of it. Hard to watch but good film, with difficult subject well shot.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Great to hear, I'll definitely have to check it out sometime soon, Rocky. Have you gone and seen The Queen yet? It's a four-star picture.

I kicked it old school this week:

-On the Waterfront
-The Big Sleep

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Line said:
Great to hear, I'll definitely have to check it out sometime soon, Rocky. Have you gone and seen The Queen yet? It's a four-star picture.

I kicked it old school this week:

-On the Waterfront
-The Big Sleep

Actually I have to be honest but "The Queen" really doesn't appeal to me at all.
Liking the old school selections sir.
Surprised you haven't seen United 93 yet actually - trust me it is great. As I said, it's a tough watch, but bravely made.
I know I've mentioned it a few times - but please tell me you've seen 'Oldboy'. If not - you must rent it tonight without fail.
Along with United 93.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Here's a list of movies that have come out this year that I never got the chance to see and will have to wait for the DVD releases...

-Babel
-The Devil Wears Prada
-This Film Is Not Yet Rated
-Half Nelson
-The Last King of Scotland
-Marie Antoinette
-The Prestige
-The Science of Sleep
-Sketches of Frank Gehry
-United 93
-Wordplay

...fuck.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^To be honest. I very rarely get to the cinema these days and watch everything on DVD. Hence my collection!

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Rocky said:
^To be honest. I very rarely get to the cinema these days and watch everything on DVD. Hence my collection!
Did you see Snakes on a Plane or are you waiting for the DVD? :xmasbigok:

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^2 disc DVD out on Boxing Day! :)

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Rocky said:
^2 disc DVD out on Boxing Day! :)
I'm seriously going to buy it. Makes a great "drunk with friends" movie.

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Oh I brought "Ong Bak" the other day for $20 and I was really impressed. The stunts Tony Jaa can do are simply amazing, coupled together with a good storyline and it was well worth the buy. Doesn't bother you one bit that you have to read subtitles.

"The Protector" non english to Rocky?

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^Huh?

Watched "Poseidon" last night. Cardboard cutout characters but Peterson kept it running along pretty nicely. Dreyfuss' gay was poorly conceived in the extreme.