• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Official Film Discussion and Last Movie You Watched

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Line said:
92% of comic book movies = gay.

Oh I dunno. I like most comic book movies and they often aren't too bad - usually the bigger affairs too against most blockbuster judgement.

Original Superman (and even the 2nd one)
The Spidermen films
X-men films
Batman (1st 2 and the last one)
Sin City (depending on how picky you're gonna be about the source material being "comic")

It's only really a couple of godawful straight to video tat from the 80's that gives the genre a bad name.

And Fantastic 4-which was shite.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Rocky said:
Oh I dunno. I like most comic book movies and they often aren't too bad - usually the bigger affairs too against most blockbuster judgement.

Original Superman (and even the 2nd one)
The Spidermen films
X-men films
Batman (1st 2 and the last one)
Sin City (depending on how picky you're gonna be about the source material being "comic")

It's only really a couple of godawful straight to video tat from the 80's that gives the genre a bad name.

And Fantastic 4-which was shite.
Sin City is the only comic book movie to have nailed it in my opinion. Even if the source material wasn't the best, Rodriquez did as good a job as anyone could have. The problem with most of these movies are, if they're done in anyway feasible, people and most critics will like them from a nostalgia standpoint alone. Sorry, that doesn't cut it for me. I grew up loving comic books but honestly, most of the stories are weak on their own, or when wittled down to 100 minutes or so.

As far as other good Comic Book movies are concerned, I'll only conceed the following: Superman (1978), Superman II, Spider-Man 2, Batman, and Batman Begins. Even so, none of them are four-star movies. Take into consideration the other movies that have come out and gotten a thumbs down from me...

-Spider-Man
-X-Men
-X2: X-Men United
-X-Men: The Last Stand
-Daredevil
-Electra
-Fantastic Four
-Batman and Robin
-Batman Forever
-Superman III
-Superman IV
-Superman Returns
-Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze
-Turtles in Time
-Hulk
-Punisher

Not to mention, coming soon we have "to look forward to"...

-Ghost Rider
-Wonder Woman
-Fantastic Four and the Silver Surfer
-Wolverine

:thumbsdown:

CaptainCharisma

CaptainCharisma

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Line said:
Sin City is the only comic book movie to have nailed it in my opinion. Even if the source material wasn't the best, Rodriquez did as good a job as anyone could have. The problem with most of these movies are, if they're done in anyway feasible, people and most critics will like them from a nostalgia standpoint alone. Sorry, that doesn't cut it for me. I grew up loving comic books but honestly, most of the stories are weak on their own, or when wittled down to 100 minutes or so.

As far as other good Comic Book movies are concerned, I'll only conceed the following: Superman (1978), Superman II, Spider-Man 2, Batman, and Batman Begins. Even so, none of them are four-star movies. Take into consideration the other movies that have come out and gotten a thumbs down from me...

-Spider-Man
-X-Men
-X2: X-Men United
-X-Men: The Last Stand
-Daredevil
-Electra
-Fantastic Four
-Batman and Robin
-Batman Forever
-Superman III
-Superman IV
-Superman Returns
-Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze
-Turtles in Time
-Hulk
-Punisher

Not to mention, coming soon we have "to look forward to"...

-Ghost Rider
-Wonder Woman
-Fantastic Four and the Silver Surfer
-Wolverine

:thumbsdown:

So true. I was really disapointed with The Punisher movie. I expected ALOT more violence and alot of a darker movie, instead we got John Travolta as a sad ass badguy and and a bunch of misfit retards that love The Punisher:xmashsughdunno:

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Tweak said:
i love x-men way more then gay superman

You shut the hell up. :xmaswtcfawk:

The origianl Superman and Superman II were awesome. I enjoyed Superman Returns, but it was awesome like those other 2.

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
CaptainCharisma said:
So true. I was really disapointed with The Punisher movie. I expected ALOT more violence and alot of a darker movie, instead we got John Travolta as a sad ass badguy and and a bunch of misfit retards that love The Punisher:xmashsughdunno:

It was based on the whole 'Welcome Home Frank' storyline, which was a little lame to begin with. Although Thomas Jane was perfect as Castle, the sorrounding cast just didn't get the point across. They've just released a new uncut version of said movie, so I'll likely snap it up and see how it is.

Although I remember how horrible the first one was(Dolph 'naked in a sewer' Lundgren[spelling?]), so a Punisher-freak-as-a-kid like me couldn't help but enjoy the new rendition. The music still sucked though:thumbsdown:

thedon

thedon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i saw american beauty again yesturday, fucking great movie, one of my favourites

thedon

thedon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i watched little miss sunshine today, very good movie, like american beauty, it is a dark comedy. steve carrol was great in it

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
thedon said:
i saw american beauty again yesturday, fucking great movie, one of my favourites
Agreed :2:

I was very disappointed in Mena Suvari's tits though :no:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Line said:
Joel Schumacher isn't what I consider a good director and it's the screenwriter's first major motion picture. Not to mention the cast which outside of Madsen and Huston, doesn't look promising at all. Jim Carrey can't keep getting away with genre hopping. Sure, he was good in Eternal Sunshine, in fact, he was exactly what the part called for; it played to his abilities on both ends of the acting spectrum but I don't think he can just abandon comedy, even for one movie, and jump shit soley to drama. Of course, I say this without watching the trailer.
Just saw the trailer and I pretty much have it pegged already :thumbsdown:

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Line said:
Just saw the trailer and I pretty much have it pegged already :thumbsdown:

Seems a rash statement to make considering we know how misleading trailers can be - I thought Blair Witch 2 looked like a good horror movie from the trailer. :no:
But an opinion is an opinion I guess.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Rocky said:
Seems a rash statement to make considering we know how misleading trailers can be - I thought Blair Witch 2 looked like a good horror movie from the trailer. :no:
But an opinion is an opinion I guess.
:xmasrofl: :xmasrofl:

The trailer just looks so piecemeal. Come on, Rocky. I'm also going past the trailer itself and looking at the actors involved, the director's prior work, and the screenwriters inexperience. A movie's going to be bad a lot more times than not when the trailer looks like shit as opposed to a good trailer resulting in a bad movie. The only instances in recent years that I can remember when I incorrectly diagnosed a movie based on trailer alone were The Good Shepherd and Jarhead.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^I guess I'm just too willing to give people the benefit of the doubt. I liked 'Phone Booth', 'A Time to Kill' and 'Falling Down' was superb. 'Truman Show' 'Eternal Sunshine..' and 'Man on the Moon' were great too. It's only really the writer who needs to prove his chops.

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Rocky said:
So did "Silent Hill" :no:

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^Indeed - so dissappointed that Silent Hill wasn't scary - faithful recreation of sound? Yes. Faithful recreation of sets and locations? Yes. Faithful to story and ambiguity of game? Yes. Faithful to characters? Yes. Faithful to cheesy script? Yes. Scary? Not in the fucking slightest.

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Rocky said:
^Indeed - so dissappointed that Silent Hill wasn't scary - faithful recreation of sound? Yes. Faithful recreation of sets and locations? Yes. Faithful to story and ambiguity of game? Yes. Faithful to characters? Yes. Faithful to cheesy script? Yes. Scary? Not in the fucking slightest.
What was the game about? Cause if I'm incorrect, did she die in the car crash and therefore the movie made no sense at all?