• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Official Film Discussion and Last Movie You Watched

Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Anyone seen the 50 cent movie:get rich or dye trying? i thougt was a really good movie

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^I have not - nor have any interest in doing so.

Gonna watch District 13 tonight though.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Seeing The Children of Men tonight.

Most recently have seen:
-United 93 (****)
-The Good Shepherd (*1/2)
-Treasure of the Sierra Madre (****)
-Beer League (** although I do recommend it because it's funny as hell)

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You always watch movie's I've never heard of line lol.

thedon

thedon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
live free or die hard, can't wait to see that fucking movie!!

P

Pain

VIP
I watched Die Hard this morning and just finished watching Memento. Good movie's.

Might watch Equilibrium now.

CaptainCharisma

CaptainCharisma

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Line said:
Seeing The Children of Men tonight.

Most recently have seen:
-United 93 (****)
-The Good Shepherd (*1/2)
-Treasure of the Sierra Madre (****)
-Beer League (** although I do recommend it because it's funny as hell)

I liked Children of Men, real good movie...although i resent the British peeps are crazy fascists part, but what ya gonna do :xmashsughrun3:

CaptainCharisma

CaptainCharisma

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
onebigeric said:
It was based on the whole 'Welcome Home Frank' storyline, which was a little lame to begin with. Although Thomas Jane was perfect as Castle, the sorrounding cast just didn't get the point across. They've just released a new uncut version of said movie, so I'll likely snap it up and see how it is.

Although I remember how horrible the first one was(Dolph 'naked in a sewer' Lundgren[spelling?]), so a Punisher-freak-as-a-kid like me couldn't help but enjoy the new rendition. The music still sucked though:thumbsdown:

I wouldnt bother getting the uncut version bro, its the exact same except they added a storyboard thingy for a scene they didnt shoot :xmashsughdunno:

I aggree that Tomas Jane was perfect for Frank Castle, and according to him the next movie will be alot darker than the first and will be based in Manhattan (even though its still gonna be shot in Miami i believe) I also heard that the sequel will be based on the Warzone comics, im not sure i got the name right, but he's supposed to be portrayed as alot more of a ruthless-kill-everyone-vigalante this time. I can only pray...

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thank you for the warning CC; actually bought it a couple days ago for 9.95, but I haven't had time to watch it yet. No real loss, since I've put off buying a copy until now.

I'm glad to hear of a second in the works though; I'll have to hunt around for info. Being the closet Punisher freak that I am(being a cop, I'm sure that's good:shootme:) I still have a ton of my old Punisher comics lying around somewhere. The Warzone branch was always harder edged; no ninjas or Jamacian marraca killers, but not as crazy as the later hard-M comics that I pretty much avoided. I enjoyed it a lot, as it seemed to take a lot more of Frank's day-to-day/real under-the-surface stuff and portray it very well. Problems with Micro, killing drug dealers and rapists in Central Park, infiltrating a mafia family, etc...

So in a word or two, thank you for the heads up CC:D

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Children of Men (****)

-easily one of the best things I've seen from 2006, maybe the best...so far...

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Fight Club is okay.

Certainly not half as good as people make it out to be and was easily predictible to myself. Most people claim the movie redeems it's long, dull self with the ending, I don't find that true.

Obviously a very smart movie with fine acting from Edward Norton and Brad Pitt. Just takes too long to get to the point like every other Fincher movie.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I want to see Children of men. Glad you thought United 93 was good. I thought it was excellent.

Pain - Equilibrium is good. The reviews of it were pretty pants and it runs on the ame hook as Brave New World and 1984 but it's still entertaining.

Watched District 13 last night. Again, the story wasn' mind blowing or wholly riginal but the film was basically a set-up for somefree-running based an set pieces which are good. Worth a watch after a couple of beers.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Flex said:
Fight Club is okay.

Just takes too long to get to the point like every other Fincher movie.
You're wrong. :xmascrunk:

thedon

thedon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
watched escape from alcatraz again today, one of clints best movies

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I chocked in Escape From New York last week; one of Kurt's finest(if that's an applicable term)

Aside from Children of Men, it seems like there's little to be concerned about with theaters right now. Any must-see films that are still showing right now Line?

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
onebigeric said:
Aside from Children of Men, it seems like there's little to be concerned about with theaters right now. Any must-see films that are still showing right now Line?
Not really. I saw Children of Men again and it certaintly held up...I'm still amazed by Cuaróns camera work. This Friday The Queen (****) and The Last King of Scotland (have yet to see) both open up Nation-wide so I'm looking forward to catching them.

In DVD news, Marie Antoinette is going to be released Feb. 13th and The Prestige comes out the 20th. I haven't gotten to see either yet so I'm looking forward to their releases.

I managed to find a screener of Babel and watched that today. I'll post a review in the next few days.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
No problem :wave:

I'm pissed because of these limited releases. Here's what I need to see before releasing my Top 10 list from 2006...hopefully this slow point in theaterical releases will help me catch up on some things I missed.

-Blood Diamond
-The Devil Wears Prada
-This Film Is Not Yet Rated
-The Fountain
-Half Nelson
-The Last King of Scotland
-L’Enfant
-Letters from Iwo Jima
-Little Children
-Marie Antoinette
-Notes on a Scandal
-Pan's Labyrinth
-The Prestige
-The Science of Sleep
-Sketches of Frank Gehry
-Wordplay

...if anyone has any of these send me a PM

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^Line, do you have an opinion on Light a Fire? Tim Robbins, South Africa, etc..
Really looked interesting to me, but it was there and gone as quick as a turkey at Taft's birthday party.

My bruddah said the Fountain was beyond strange, but he picked up the soundtrack for it.

And I'm beyond salivating for Letters From Iwo Jima. I personally found Flags of our Fathers lacking on a number of fronts:)ughnoes: can I say that without being unpatriotic?), so that's only intensified my desire to see this (likely better) film. Plus, I love Ken Watanabe, so that's two for two.