• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Official Film Discussion and Last Movie You Watched

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Haven't seen or know much of anything about Light of Fire. I agree with Flags though to an extent...mostly because Paul Haggis is a hack. It's fallen permanently out of my top 10.

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I wanted to like it more.....but it was just wanting in too many areas.

I'm with you though Line; screw limited releases. Letters and Fire both fell under said category, and who knows if either will make it to Utah.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I understand Marie Antionette is pretty poor.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Rocky said:
I understand Marie Antionette is pretty poor.
The common consensus is that you know whether or not you're going to like the movie before going into it. Of course it's going to be over-indulgent and visually saturated but people seem to judge this as a flaw in opposition to the final chapter in a triology of sorts by Coppola involving reactionary tales of young women finding themselves in difficult situations.

Just watched Vertigo...dear God.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Line said:
The common consensus is that you know whether or not you're going to like the movie before going into it. Of course it's going to be over-indulgent and visually saturated but people seem to judge this as a flaw

Sounds like your view of 300... :eek5nono:

Actually I don't think it's even that that is the problem - on the contrary I believe it's visuals are it's saving grace as the stroy is apparently somewhat undercooked on screen and the whole thing a little staid. But depends what you like I suppose and what you go into it expecting to see.

Do you mean Vertigo the Hitchcock film?

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
onebigeric said:
I'm unframiliar with it; synopsis?
Jimmy Stewart plays John 'Scottie' Ferguson, a detective who resigns from the force early in the film after nearly falling off a roof. He's struck with fear of heights and Vertigo because of the incident. Then, an old friend brings him "out of retirement" by asking him to follow his wife who's exuding strange behaviors and mimiking a local woman who died many years ago. While following her, Scottie falls in love with her and becomes dangerously obsessed with both her and the eerie imagary she represents.

Don't really want to give away much more than that, but I highly recommend it.
Rocky said:
Sounds like your view of 300... :eek5nono:
Completely different. I never once complained about the visuals of 300 but stated they looked less impressive on film than digital and therefore it may not have the knockout impact most are expecting. The difference with Marie was, while the color scheme appears saturated they don't take gross liberties with the art and set direction for the sake of being "over the top" and "extreme". In fact, most of the settings and costumes are either authentic to the time or very good replicas if I'm correct.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Blockbuster currently has a 4 previewed movies for 20 dollars deal. I picked up Maria Full of Grace, Paradise Now, The Sea Inside, and The Matador :xmaswiggle:

EDIT: Just put in an order for L'Enfant

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Line said:
Just watched Vertigo...dear God.
Now that was a movie!

I also liked his role in Rope. The more 'recent' indie film RSVP (with Jay from Jay and Silent Bob fame) that homaged it was good too.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
tim290280 said:
Now that was a movie!

I also liked his role in Rope.
I've always wanted to see Rope. I'm fairly new to hitchcock yet and I've only seen about half a dozen Jimmy Stewart movies but I'm more and more amazed by both with each film.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
PAIN said:
Gonna watch Domino tonight.

I urge you not to.

Hey Line - The Matador is really good. Pierce Brosnan is great in it!

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I haven't seen it to be honest - but on't think I read a single good review of it...anywhere. The acting and everything about it is meant to be shite!

Watch Oldboy. :spy:

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
PAIN said:
Have you seen Rear Window? Another Hitchcock classic.
Yeah, I own Rear Window, Vertigo, and North by Northwest...need to pick up Psycho soon.

P

Pain

VIP
Rocky said:
I haven't seen it to be honest - but on't think I read a single good review of it...anywhere. The acting and everything about it is meant to be shite!

Watch Oldboy. :spy:

I just read a review of it. Sounds shit.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
I checked my local listings today...Pan's Labyrinth, Letters from Iwo Jima, and The Last King of Scotland are playing at my local theater. Expect reviews for all three soon. This is by far the best nation-wide release weekend I can remember in a long, long time. :hsughr: :turborun: :hsughr:

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I want to see all of those. I'm actually going to the cinema this weekend for the first time in weeks! No prizes for guessing what I'm going to see...

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Rocky said:
I want to see all of those. I'm actually going to the cinema this weekend for the first time in weeks! No prizes for guessing what I'm going to see...
Rocky Balboa? :ughfingers: