• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Official Film Discussion and Last Movie You Watched

FuManChu

FuManChu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Three Men And A Baby - 8/10
I havent seen this movie in ages...i forgot how good it is. Its a really awesome movie. Tom Selleck ftw!
And i didnt no Spock directed this :turborun:

Three Men And A Little Lady - 6.5/10
Not as good as the first film...but still a decent sequel.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Gran Torino - 6/10
Stepping out of this persona, Eastwood is a generally beloved Hollywood figure. Celebrated for his down to Earth demeanor and the tonal versatility of his films, it seems the real Eastwood is the bizarro version of the characters he plays. Gran Torino seeks to commemorate this duality, which is essentially why the film works as well as it does.
Rest here.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Gran Torino - 6/10

Rest here.
Finally got to watch this the other night. Wishing I'd seen it earlier.

I agree with a lot of the points you make, and the b-grade thing was something that jumped at me as the cliches in the movie and some of the acting (Tao in one scene produces a lame piece of acting that is disjointed from the rest of his performance).

But overall I liked this film more than you did. Maybe because it is Clint and he seems to be able to make and appear in films and help me ignore the foibles. Or maybe I just don't have to weigh my criticisms as heavily.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Finally got to watch this the other night. Wishing I'd seen it earlier.

I agree with a lot of the points you make, and the b-grade thing was something that jumped at me as the cliches in the movie and some of the acting (Tao in one scene produces a lame piece of acting that is disjointed from the rest of his performance).

But overall I liked this film more than you did. Maybe because it is Clint and he seems to be able to make and appear in films and help me ignore the foibles. Or maybe I just don't have to weigh my criticisms as heavily.
As always, thanks for reading. I certainly enjoyed the film but I'm not the kind of critic that says things like "laugh out loud funny!" or "an acting tour de force by Eastwood!" in the hopes of gaining media exposure. I'd like to think that, despite me constantly linking friends/online associates to my reviews, I'm not that much of a whore...except for Criterion.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
As always, thanks for reading. I certainly enjoyed the film but I'm not the kind of critic that says things like "laugh out loud funny!" or "an acting tour de force by Eastwood!" in the hopes of gaining media exposure. I'd like to think that, despite me constantly linking friends/online associates to my reviews, I'm not that much of a whore...except for Criterion.

Don't go down the dark path or forever will it control your destiny :bitenails:

Last thing we need is another film critic that just regurgitates the plot synopsis.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Demonlover - Second time I've seen this flick. It is fascinating up until the last part of the film when the narrative falls apart a bit. You get the vague sense you know what is going on, but some things just seem to not make sense when you think about them.

But the look at sex, sexual violence, violence and desensitization to it all are interesting. The self absorbed nature of the central character ultimately backfiring is particularly effective and resonant.

skindnef

skindnef

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I am officially divorced! "Legally" :)

For Line regarding Satantango : Forever beautiful shots & sequences. Like the one I posted the youtube of with the garbage and 2 guys walking. A long cinematic experience, that you will remember for it's artistry.

Have you seen "The Girlfriend Experience"? What did you think? I heard the story is so so, but the performance is memorable. An it's shot well. May try to catch it if I have time...

P

Pioneer

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I've seen Once Upon A Time In The West a few times now and its easily one of my favorite westerns after TGTBATU.

Just watched Once Upon A Time In The West again, and yeah ill definitely have to agree with you and put it as No.2 on greatest westerns of time. Fonda plays such a good bad guy :bullwhip:, and has to be one of the greatest intro's ever as well.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Have you seen "The Girlfriend Experience"? What did you think? I heard the story is so so, but the performance is memorable. An it's shot well. May try to catch it if I have time...
I'm just waiting to review the BD release, as Soderbergh and I don't get along well enough for me to seek it out.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
FuManChu

FuManChu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Against The Dark - 2.5/10
:doh:

Wanted - 4.5/10
This movie was crap...It wasnt even entertaining.
I laughed through most of it(seriously), and the only thing i found interesting was the bullet curving thing.

Hitman - 4/10
Timothy Olyphant was probably the only good thing about this film(i think he did a great job)
...that and seeing that main chick naked :borat:

Im picking up Zack and Miri and Silent Hill today...
Hopefully they will be good.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The Holiday Why oh why is Cameron Diaz allowed to "act"? She is such a bad actress.

On the plus side, Jack Black showed he can do something other than his High Fidelity role. Overall the film sucked.

FuManChu

FuManChu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Zack And Miri - 8/10
Funny beyond funny...I dont care for Seth Rogen, but everyone else was top notch!
Elizabeth Banks is hotter than ever,
Theres nudes!
And Jay is in it(not as Jay).

Kevin Smith really struck gold with this one.
If you havent seen it yet...SEE IT!

:gaysign:

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
decent flick...

2ufpsh0-1.jpg

ironheart

ironheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
state of play - 9/10 - i thought it was really good

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Terminator Salvation - 5/10

The first Terminator without a heart. The action was superb. I hope Christian Bale burns in hell for his "acting"

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Just watched The Terminator.

10/10

God damn it they don't make films like this anymore.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
So I'm gathering from the comments that I shouldn't bother seeing T4 this week....... :dunnodude:

Guess I'll go see Star Trek or State of Play.

ironheart

ironheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ondskan - 10/10 - one of my favorite movies.