• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Official Film Discussion and Last Movie You Watched

Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Last night i watched The Undergrads and American Beauty
both very good, the undergrads was a suprise, it was a really good movie

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Watch Swept Away and reassess :umwtf:

I've just watched a really crappy film. The In Laws. Michael Douglas at his worst. Thank god I had the computer on to do something other than watch all of it.

i thought you would of been watching the "Ice Princess" lol

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
No I watched the Footy instead. Natinui is going to be a brilliant player!!!

same, i was flicking through channels all night lol

yeah would be good to see how he plays out in his early career stages,

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Role Models - 7 - It made me laugh a few times!

FuManChu

FuManChu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
He's Just Not That Into You - 6.5/10
Not bad for a chick flick...i love Jennifer Aniston, so i decided to give it a try. The cast is great, and its something different. Though, it felt like it was written by angry heartbroken women.
The ending wasnt very good.

And no, you dont see Scarlett Johansson naked :shakefist:

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
In this one, he bangs his daughter. Finally.
'Bout goddamn time.
He's Just Not That Into You - 6.5/10
Not bad for a chick flick...i love Jennifer Aniston, so i decided to give it a try. The cast is great, and its something different. Though, it felt like it was written by angry heartbroken women.
The ending wasnt very good.

And no, you dont see Scarlett Johansson naked :shakefist:
What a pointless, manipulative film.

P

Pain

VIP
I watched the Godfather Part One the other day for the first time ever. I think all the hype and talk about this movie kinda killed it for me. It was still a very good movie. I enjoyed it from start to finish. I just hate going into movies with high expections.

I hope the second one lives up to the first.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ I'm reading the book at the moment. I can remember most of it as scenes from the movie down to the visceral details.

P

Pain

VIP
How does Once Upon A Time In America hold up to the Godfather?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
How does Once Upon A Time In America hold up to the Godfather?

Similar level, but the Godfather is superior.

Once Upon A Time In The West (same series as America) isn't as good but is still worth a watch. Bronson was just so badass.

P

Pain

VIP
I've seen Once Upon A Time In The West a few times now and its easily one of my favorite westerns after TGTBATU.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
^^ What about McCabe & Mrs. Miller?
Fixed.

As for Slumdog, I don't disagree too much with what you said earlier though the formal education of the boys seemed secondary to life experience -- a notion I have little problem with as I myself am an advocate of learning through living. Still, I do believe academia and an inherent quest for knowledge are also of utmost importance, particularly in terms of the specification of one's future. Nonetheless, the fatalistic, "it is written" aspect of the film falls too close to being explicable of the narrative itself, which is basically is what makes the story a gimmick, though I'd argue it's more affective than most experimental narrative gimmicks (at least in terms of major studio releases). I do appreciate it for not being arbitrarily driven, sure, though the whole dual-linear storyline is chalked up to astronomically low percentage events not only happening but being relative to boot. You can also read into the film as being a supporter of pipe dreams, as if sheer chance is the only way a "slumdog" can escape his impoverished upbringings, which is dismissive of a culture.

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I hope the second one lives up to the first.

I liked the 2nd better than the first. but thats just me.

Once upon a time in china > once upon a time in america

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
For the first time since my column started, I got to review one of my favorite films of all time.
Whenever asked by someone new to Ingmar Bergman as to where they should begin his filmography, I generally answer: The Seventh Seal. It dutifully serves as an introduction to the most cherished, introspective themes of his early films while showcasing filmic language as he understood it. For those wondering, yes, The Seventh Seal is my favorite work from the Swedish master, though that isn’t to say others—Fanny and Alexander, The Virgin Spring and Autumn Sonata—aren’t equally important. What draws me to this picture above others is the complexity of its layered narrative and the subtle thoroughness of its thematic exploration. The cinematic world Bergman creates is an expansive one, and the film has a scope to match.
The rest of the BD review can be found here.