• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Official Film Discussion and Last Movie You Watched

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
lol

I'll respond thoroughly when I have more time.

i'm not arguing that the film was superb or questioning your review based on scenes that actually happened. i highlight actually because your last post is a whole lotta speculation about a characters motives that are based primarily on cliches. your reading into things that really are what they are at face value and nothing more.

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
:doh:

Well just wait for the remake, were they take the same characters and plot sequence and put it into middle America. Instead of dirt poor kids living in slums drawing on their life to become a millionaire, it will be a bunch of incredibly hot white kids from a upper middle class suburb that grab the limelight on a TV show and it is rigged so that they win.

That will be just as a fullfilling movie without those pesky subtitles.

:doh::doh:

I meant that the subtitles themselves were hard to read, not that i dont like subtitles. Sometimes they would have them the same color, green titles on green background, and they were small too so it was hard to read.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
i'm not arguing that the film was superb or questioning your review based on scenes that actually happened. i highlight actually because your last post is a whole lotta speculation about a characters motives that are based primarily on cliches not really not on any substance from the movie. your reading into things that really are what they are at face value and nothing more.
Movies are rarely what they are at face value but, again, I was joking about him actually wanting to fuck his daughter. I'll argue my point on their strange relationship later.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Movies are rarely what they are at face value but, again, I was joking about him actually wanting to fuck his daughter. I'll argue my point on their strange relationship later.

true. but saying he was "enamored with his daughter when she was an innocent adolescent" based off of the fact that he bought her a karoke player (hey, he was an uninvolved dad, they make several points of saying this. he probably knew very little about his daughter, the one thing that came to mind was that she loved to sing, so, bingo, karoke player) is a bit of a stretch.

also, saying he pulled strings to get his daughter in with that singer is also just wildely inaccurate. it was offered to him, just as the gig to be security at the concert was. he wasn't doing any of it for his daughter, only being thoughtful when he realized he was in the presence of a singer and that's what his daughter wanted. unless of course he only saved the singers life so she owed him one :bitelip:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
:doh::doh:

I meant that the subtitles themselves were hard to read, not that i dont like subtitles. Sometimes they would have them the same color, green titles on green background, and they were small too so it was hard to read.

Ahh gotcha now. I hate that too :xyxthumbs:

Hey want to start a pointless argument anyway? :borat:

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Yay for pointless arguments! The bread and butter of the internets!

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
I eat bread and butter while on the internets.... STOP SPLITTING HAIRS TIM! *cry cry*

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I eat bread and butter while on the internets.... STOP SPLITTING HAIRS TIM! *cry cry*

:doh:

It's not splitting hairs. You can't even butter the bread through the internets.

Hang on that is too logical an argument....... :umwtf:

Screw you Aussie :thumbsup2:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
When I eat bread and butter on the internets I get butter and crumbs all over my keyboard...
:bitelip:

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ahh gotcha now. I hate that too :xyxthumbs:

Hey want to start a pointless argument anyway? :borat:

sounds like a great idea.

i eat my bread toasted and with peanut butter on the internets :io:

but we should really get back on topic :bitelip:

watched godfather 2 last night, great movie :gaysign:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The Wind that Shakes the Barley: Interesting film and great insight into the Irish independance war. Cillian Murphy was pretty good, but overall the film felt a little bland given the topic matter. I liked the way they showed the IRA started fracturing into groups over what people thought was independance, and how that brought fellow members to square off.

The Chronicles of Riddick: Our new DVD. I don't get a lot of the criticism of this film, mainly because people don't get ScFi.

We Were Soldiers (Once): I like this film, especially the juxtaposition with the situation of the soldiers wives waiting at home. I've been trying to find the book to read, which hopefully has less American patriotism.

Johnny5

Johnny5

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Last movie I watched was Step Brothers (I was really bored). The only part I really laughed was when Will Farrel and John Reilly (that dude creeps me out) sleep walk around the house and throw shit around.

Hey tim290280, this might be off-topic, but if you really need a good read, I highly recommend In the Company of Heroes by Michael J. Durant. If you remember watching Blackhawk Down, one of the choppers go down and a pilot is captured. Well this is his story. It's really hard to put down.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Tim is way too forgiving. :gaysign:

Anyway, I actually got to review some flicks I liked and watched a handful of other decent movies recently as well.

Through a Glass Darkly (Bergman, 1961) - 7
Valkyrie (Singer, 2008) - 3 (review here)
Three Times (Hou, 2005) - 9
Winter Light (Bergman, 1962) - 8
El Dorado (Hawks, 1966) - 4
The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence (1962) - 7 (two-for review with El Dorado here)
Up (Docter, 2009) - 7
The Children Are Watching Us (De Sica, 1944) - 8
Revolutionary Road (Mendes, 2008) - 7
The Hangover (Phillips, 2009) - 5
Nights of Cabiria - (Fellini, 1957) - 8
Children of Men (Cuaron, 2005) - 8 (BD review here)
He’s Just Not That Into You - 3 (review here)

These were all first-time viewings, minus Children of Men, which I had seen in theaters and on DVD yet still enjoy greatly. I still have to write something up for Revolutionary Road.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Watched Unforgiven last night. Awesome movie, 10/10.

Watching Alien now...

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Tim is way too forgiving. :gaysign:

About all of them or just the one? Maybe I should clarify:

Wind that Shakes the Barley: worth watching but not a great film.
Riddick: scifi action, it is what it is.
Soldiers: is only ok, but I think does touch on some issues of comradery and fellowship that a lot of war movies gloss over or miss. It does let itself down a bit though with that second last scene and by not making a bigger statement about the return home.