• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Official Film Discussion and Last Movie You Watched

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
No lol what?:umwtf:
Well, I did just post a negative review of Taken that I wrote a few posts back back. And Slumdog is easily the superior movie, on the level of craft alone -- an attribute Taken is largely lauded for.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Just finished watching Taken. Such an awesome movie it had be on the edge of my seat the entire time, action was awesome, acting was brillaint and very awesome story line. Must watch if you haven't seen.

totally agree i thought it was excellent too. the action sequences/story were gripping and i thought liam neeson did an excellent job. didn't expect to like it very much but i'm very glad i gave it a chance.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Finally watched Rocky Balboa.

Interesting and entertaining. But it was interesting that the missus and I had completely different takes on the themeatic construct of the film. The very ideals that are purported and are the underlying drive/struggle of the protagonist are also maligned by the said same in the characters around him (essentially and figuratively collecting strays and subordinating) while trying to have himself renewed.

Either way it was probably the best of the Rocky films and could be enjoyed by most audiences once you get past the saccarine cheesy nature of the film (thank god Stallone didn't leave the original ending in).

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
21 - 7/10 - Not too bad, was pretty entertaining. Nothing to rave about though.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Tim - Glad you liked Rocky Balboa - it is class. :)

I thought Taken was great. Granted a tad formulaic and convenient in it's moving forward of the plot but nonetheless it was nice to see a revenge film which didn't "pussy out" where it counts.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
I thought Taken was great. Granted a tad formulaic and convenient in it's moving forward of the plot but nonetheless it was nice to see a revenge film which didn't "pussy out" where it counts.
Liam Neeson's character wanted to fuck his daughter.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
I too enjoyed Taken, it was brainless fun and Liam Neeson can deliver a great throat chop.

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don't know why slumdog is rated as such a good movie, i just couldn't get into the story of it. It was interesting seeing his life and what happened, maybe because the subtitles were hard to read also :bitelip:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don't know why slumdog is rated as such a good movie, i just couldn't get into the story of it. It was interesting seeing his life and what happened, maybe because the subtitles were hard to read also :bitelip:
:doh:

Well just wait for the remake, were they take the same characters and plot sequence and put it into middle America. Instead of dirt poor kids living in slums drawing on their life to become a millionaire, it will be a bunch of incredibly hot white kids from a upper middle class suburb that grab the limelight on a TV show and it is rigged so that they win.

That will be just as a fullfilling movie without those pesky subtitles.

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Just watched the new Incredible Hulk, much better then the 2003 version. I wish they'd hurry up and make the avengers movie though.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Tim - Glad you liked Rocky Balboa - it is class. :)

If Stallone was slightly better and not prone to cheesy dialouge and cliches he would actually be a pretty decent movie writer/director. He really does have a lot of issues delt with quite well in his movies.

Just watched The Princess and the Warrior.

I first saw this after watching a heap of German films like Run Lola Run and Knocking on Heavens Door. I really like this film, just such an enchanting film and not the standard love story and redemption. Helps that it has Franka Potente in it.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
lol wat?!?!?!?
I was half-joking. The reality is he didn't want her to grow up at all, as he was still enamored with the image of his daughter when she was an innocent adolescent, likely due to his character not being able to watch her grow up those years he was away. Hence him trying to pull strings so she could live out her tween fantasy of being a singer as well as her virginity being a thematic focal point of the film.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Originally posted by Line
I was half-joking. The reality is he didn't want her to grow up at all, as he was still enamored with the image of his daughter when she was an innocent adolescent, likely due to his character not being able to watch her grow up those years he was away.

she still WAS an innocent adolescent. what else do you call a 17 year old virgin who's not even a senior in high school yet? a lot of parents struggle with seeing their children grow up. liam's character wasn't unique in this aspect. his backround of being a CIA agent, or whatever he was, i don't think the movie says anything specific other than he was a "preventer", played a large, no, all the role in him initially not wanting her to go overseas. of course a parent wants to see their child have fun.....safely. not even being a father i can totally commiserate with his not wanting her to go.

Hence him trying to pull strings so she could live out her tween fantasy of being a singer as well as her virginity being a thematic focal point of the film.

pull strings? he asked for advice dude, that's it. he was brushed off, saved the life of the singer, who then offered liam's character lessons for his daughter. that's not pulling strings that's the singer reciprocating the best she can for what was a heroic act that was done expecting nothing in return. that wasn't him trying to relive her (even) younger years, he was just thinking of his daughter :dunnodude: fathers do that you know

T

Tonka

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
she still WAS an innocent adolescent. what else do you call a 17 year old virgin who's not even a senior in high school yet? a lot of parents struggle with seeing their children grow up. liam's character wasn't unique in this aspect. his backround of being a CIA agent, or whatever he was, i don't think the movie says anything specific other than he was a "preventer", played a large, no, all the role in him initially not wanting her to go overseas. of course a parent wants to see their child have fun.....safely. not even being a father i can totally commiserate with his not wanting her to go.

pull strings? he asked for advice dude, that's it. he was brushed off, saved the life of the singer, who then offered liam's character lessons for his daughter. that's not pulling strings that's the singer reciprocating the best she can for what was a heroic act that was done expecting nothing in return. that wasn't him trying to relive her (even) younger years, he was just thinking of his daughter :dunnodude: fathers do that you know

Spot on.