• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Official Film Discussion and Last Movie You Watched

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Avatar: 7/10. I watched it and enjoyed it thoroughly. Nothing ground breaking in plot, script or characters but a good CGI enhanced romp.

I also think the alien chick is hot and spent half the movie waiting for nipple slips. :icon_ninja:

...ok, all the movie. :p

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Avatar: 7/10. I watched it and enjoyed it thoroughly. Nothing ground breaking in plot, script or characters but a good CGI enhanced romp.

I also think the alien chick is hot and spent half the movie waiting for nipple slips. :icon_ninja:

...ok, all the movie. :p

LMAO i agree... Technically i would rate the movie 8-10 or so but i had a blast watching it. I loved it no matter how flawed it was.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale

Meh. Not terrible but should have been so much better. Had all the ingredients needed, got most things right, but it came down to having a crap director. Scenes that needed more emotion lacked it, scenes that needed better editing, lacked it, performances that were solid weren't shaped to tell the story. According to RottenTomatoes.com the director has never made anything that hasn't sucked.

Johnny5

Johnny5

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Just finished watching the original Rollerball (1975). It's been a while since I've last seen it. I watched it when I was younger, and I didn't quite understand the plot. But watching it now, I know what's going on (it's all politics), and let me tell you this movie is unlike anything I've seen! I really don't want to spoil anything, but you've got to watch this movie. It starts off slow I admit, but twenty minutes in and you're sucked right into it!

Also watched Class of 1984. I find it's kind of like a twist of Clockwork Orange and The Warriors (two bad ass films right there). Great film. I can't even describe it really. I don't want to spoil anything, but if you're into Clockwork Orange/The Warriors, then you MUST see this. I picked it up at HMV for only $6.00! Six freakin' dollars!

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Inglorious Bastards. Not bad, enjoyed it pretty good, not so much the final scene, it was lacking something.
the italian part was hilarious

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Into Great Silence

Great film. Over three hours, no narration, no nothing. Just a man, a monastery, and a whole lot of film.

Like going to stay at the place yourself.

intosilence170l-1.jpg

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hmm...what do you think was lacking?

Well, im not quite sure. The ending was good just didn't catch me as great.
Just something about the whole cinema scene wasn't quite what i expected (although i dont know what i was expecting). I didn't really get why they started shooting everyone, and why they went to kill hitler if the bombs would have done it anyway. I thought it was cool how they did the exchange at the very end though, carved up one last nazi symbol.

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Into Great Silence

Great film. Over three hours, no narration, no nothing. Just a man, a monastery, and a whole lot of film.

Like going to stay at the place yourself.

Man i dont think i could sit through that, 3 hours of no talking :bitenails:

Johnny5

Johnny5

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Inglorious Bastards, pff. Especially what they've done to Hitler. For fucks sake! That disgusts me. Propaganda film!

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Well, im not quite sure. The ending was good just didn't catch me as great.
Just something about the whole cinema scene wasn't quite what i expected (although i dont know what i was expecting). I didn't really get why they started shooting everyone, and why they went to kill hitler if the bombs would have done it anyway. I thought it was cool how they did the exchange at the very end though, carved up one last nazi symbol.
The ending - and pretty much every other scene that featured or alluded to the Cinema - represent the fulcrum through which Tarantino's revisionist history interjects layers of film theory in the picture, namely the variable uses of film during war time and the weight motion pictures can carry in political arenas.
Inglorious Bastards, pff. Especially what they've done to Hitler. For fucks sake! That disgusts me. Propaganda film!
The film is anti-propaganda...

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^yea i see what your saying, i guess i didn't quite no where i was going with my comments.

Watched casablanca the other day for the first time, good movie.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
^yea i see what your saying, i guess i didn't quite no where i was going with my comments.
I'm glad you realize what I'm saying because I'm not sure that I do. I was farrrr too tired when I wrote that...way too pompous sounding. My bad. My review was less obnoxious.
Watched casablanca the other day for the first time, good movie.
Understatement. :shakefist:

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^lol i saw where you were going with it, and i understood that part of it.

And yea good was probably an understatement lol

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Crank 2

Hilarious 0/10 ... Most retarded piece of fucking shit I have EVER seen.

Johnny5

Johnny5

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hell is for Heroes - well what can I say I've always enjoyed war films. This movie was made in 1962 and the acting is surprisingly good, and I guess at that time this movie was pretty violent too. I really liked the characters they weren't just joe-soldier with nothing to say. It doesn't glorify the war like in many other second world war movies.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Crank 2

Hilarious 0/10 ... Most retarded piece of fucking shit I have EVER seen.

Figures, most of Jason Statham movies are a mess of ADHD and cocaine lol

ironheart

ironheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Max Manus - it was allright i guess. but not as good as al the hype has made it out to be. and it was far from the best norwegian film, as some has said it is. but like i said, it was allright.