• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Official Film Discussion and Last Movie You Watched

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Guess what upcoming flick this blurb is about...

"A big fat zero...an exhaustingly busy cinematic puzzle, this year's Butterfly Effect--but even less entertaining."

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Line said:
Guess what upcoming flick this blurb is about...

"A big fat zero...an exhaustingly busy cinematic puzzle, this year's Butterfly Effect--but even less entertaining."

The Number 23 perchance! :) I don't think there have been many good reviews of it full stop.
What did you think of Marie Antionette by the way cos the reviews of that were pretty luke warm at best.

Watched Miami Vice last night. I know it's been a while but it wasn't on my top films to watch and after watching it can see why. As others had already said it's overlong and just looks like it thinks it's better than it is. Very disappointed. Very Michael Mann in it's wordy-ness and build up of character. The way it is shot is like it is following straight on from Collateral stylistically. But it never engages and to be honest even the characters were very stock. Shame.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
I actually liked Marie a lot. A lot of the critical problems with it stemmed from its inaccuracies as a biopic but the story was more of Coppola's reflection of young girls thrust into trying social situations and having to cope with it with very little life experience. My one complaint was the film had a more serious tone than I expected (which is fine) but also had some mix-tape vignettes that were very entertaining and altered the mood of the film. I feel Coppola should have included more of these and just overall made the film a bit edgier which would A) modernize the character of Marie more, making the comparison to girls of today more accessible, and B) created a more uniform feel throughout the film.

Still, very well shot and acted and the art direction was spectacular; a very interesting take on the subject matter. Would fall just outside my top 10 for the year.

***1/2

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Rocky said:
The Number 23 perchance! :) I don't think there have been many good reviews of it full stop.
What did you think of Marie Antionette by the way cos the reviews of that were pretty luke warm at best.

Watched Miami Vice last night. I know it's been a while but it wasn't on my top films to watch and after watching it can see why. As others had already said it's overlong and just looks like it thinks it's better than it is. Very disappointed. Very Michael Mann in it's wordy-ness and build up of character. The way it is shot is like it is following straight on from Collateral stylistically. But it never engages and to be honest even the characters were very stock. Shame.

100% Agree with you.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
I just saw The Number 23 and laughed my ass off. It was that bad.

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I just saw Reno 911: Miami. Laughed pretty hard, it was quite funny.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Paulie said:
I just saw Reno 911: Miami. Laughed pretty hard, it was quite funny.
Do you like the show? I really hate it but found the trailers and ads for the movie to be much funnier than anything I've seen on the actual show.

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Line said:
Do you like the show? I really hate it but found the trailers and ads for the movie to be much funnier than anything I've seen on the actual show.

The show is pretty good, but the movie is alot better than any of the shows. The movie is rated R, so they could take the humor and stretch it out pretty far :49: You cant really do any of that on TV

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I watched "Right at Your Door" last night.
Pretty good. Great little thriller that manages to keep the tension up pretty well given it's limited setting. Poses a difficult question about what you'd do in the event of a dirty bomb attack in relation to your loved ones who are outside the house which you've sealed up. I won't give away the end but although they didn't resort to happy ever after it still stretched the credibility of reality a little in the way the government reacted, but still worth a watch.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Anybody going to see 300 this weekend?

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think I want to see Wild Hogs soon

and this sunday I'm watching American Psycho for the first time ever over at my g/fs, we've already deemed it official.

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
300 for me, hopefully this weekend.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
I'm working my way towards see Zodiac and Black Snake Moan way before I see 300.

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Line said:
I'm working my way towards see Zodiac and Black Snake Moan way before I see 300.

No 300 for you??

Zodiac looks pretty good, and its based off a true story, you'll have to give us a review when you see it.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Paulie said:
No 300 for you??

Zodiac looks pretty good, and its based off a true story, you'll have to give us a review when you see it.
Will do. I will probably end up seeing 300 because I've been the only one here that's been critical of it before it's been released and so far the reviews are proving me correct. I'll see it eventually so I can either defend or condemn my original thoughts but it's not on my "to see immediately" list.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Zodiac looks good. Hopefully Fincher on form. Reviews have been pretty positive. One for my list I suspect.

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Line said:
Will do. I will probably end up seeing 300 because I've been the only one here that's been critical of it before it's been released and so far the reviews are proving me correct. I'll see it eventually so I can either defend or condemn my original thoughts but it's not on my "to see immediately" list.

I guess im going to Indy Thursday night with a friend to meet a friend at his university, and then were going to see 300 at the Imax about midnight, then im going to it again with my father friday night :49: Its crazy.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Paulie said:
I guess im going to Indy Thursday night with a friend to meet a friend at his university, and then were going to see 300 at the Imax about midnight, then im going to it again with my father friday night :49: Its crazy.
What if you don't like it the first time? :uhoh2: