• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Official Film Discussion and Last Movie You Watched

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Line said:
certainly nowhere near the throw-back caliber of last year's Shaun of the Dead.
QUOTE]

Well that's us Brit's for ya.

Want me to lend you a ho?

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Rocky said:
Want me to lend you a ho?
Absolutely.

You Brits struck gold with United 93 and The Queen too.

E

EvilDumbell

Brits have terrible teeth .. sorry rocky ;)

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
They give great head though.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Two more from yesterday/today...

-The Pursuit of Happyness **
-The Descent ***

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Line said:
Two more from yesterday/today...

-The Pursuit of Happyness **
-The Descent ***

Did you like The Descent? I saw it when it came out on the big screen and I thought it was a good entertainer, but it kinda sucked overall.

CaptainCharisma

CaptainCharisma

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i watched Babel and The Last King of Scotland a few days ago, i liked them both, Babel wasnt really anything amazing, but The Last King of Scotland was pretty good

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Paulie said:
Did you like The Descent? I saw it when it came out on the big screen and I thought it was a good entertainer, but it kinda sucked overall.

I liked it. It came out months ago over here. I've had it on DVD for over a year. I liked it's downbeat ending but as in the case with any creature films where you see the creature it loses the tension aspect a little. But seeing as they were supposed to be human based it kept some credibility. I though it was good that the main protagonists were all women which is unusual for this type of film, especially given the locale.
Didn't think it was as good as his previous film "Dog Soldiers" which is superb. A real dark comedy horror.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
CaptainCharisma said:
i watched Babel and The Last King of Scotland a few days ago, i liked them both, Babel wasnt really anything amazing, but The Last King of Scotland was pretty good
The Last King of Scotland was alright but lacked any and all subtlety and was really a bipolar flick that just ended up being recognizably good because of a single performance. It picked up towards the end as it became more unflinching, which played to it's strengths (or at least manipulated its weaknesses).

Babel on the other hand was fantastic through and through. It gets a lot of hate on film boards but has some of the best writing, performances, and photography of the year.

Paulie said:
I enjoyed it enough to give it a positive review and it had some very strong aspects to it. For instance, the way all the cave scenes were shot. Most of the time the camera was pulled back away from (looking towards) the actresses which, because of their flashlights and helmet lights, obscured our vision moreso than their's would have been. By using almost no POV shots, we got to watch the physical and emotional struggle that endured, not as one of the characters but as a voyeur, which made the film more engrossing because we weren't forced to identify with the characters as in most films.

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Rocky said:
Didn't think it was as good as his previous film "Dog Soldiers" which is superb. A real dark comedy horror.
That movie was terrible, worst werewolf costumes ever!

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
CaptainCharisma

CaptainCharisma

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i just finished watching Blood Diamond, and i gotta say that was one hell of a movie, i think it really worked well to get the message accross about the problem with conflict diamonds

thedon

thedon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
watched lucky number slevin yesturday...FUCKING GREAT!!! i can usually figure out a movie half way into it but this one was impossible to predict, even the last scene had me scratching my head

thedon's score: 9.5/10 a must see!!!

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
thedon said:
watched lucky number slevin yesturday...FUCKING GREAT!!! i can usually figure out a movie half way into it but this one was impossible to predict, even the last scene had me scratching my head

thedon's score: 9.5/10 a must see!!!
LNS better than Annie Hall? Wow. :ughnoes:

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Hard Candy is easily one of the worst movies I've seen from 2006.

* (out of ****)

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Going to see Breach in 2hours!
Even if its not good,..
its been months since i've been to the theaters

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Anybody seen Ghost Rider? My friend said it was pretty much dirt.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Just saw breach
not many people outside when we bought tickets
me and my dad, since hes also into military and anything having to do with
our country.

Then after the movie ended, damn so many teens, so many stupid people
i walked fast to get to the car, my eyes kept rapidly moving
usually for me thats an indication of an episode
Ran my fucking ass to the car, my dad was quite too, since hes
a High school math and science teacher

good MOVIE, the acting was excellent
Some weird moments..
don't wanna do any spoilers
But since its only the second or so day of being in theaters
don't take my opinion/suggestion to see it
ask others too

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Line said:
Hard Candy is easily one of the worst movies I've seen from 2006.

* (out of ****)

I got that recently. I was quite disappointed after all the rave reviews it had garnered. Never seemed to eally have the courage of it's convictions. Wouldn't say it was one of the worst film of 2006 though - unless you got a really long list! :):

Basic Instinct 2.
Little Man.
The Wicker Man.
Bloodrayne.
Date Movie.

Off the top of my head.

(Don't you dare suggest Rocky Balboa!)

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Rocky said:
I got that recently. I was quite disappointed after all the rave reviews it had garnered. Never seemed to eally have the courage of it's convictions. Wouldn't say it was one of the worst film of 2006 though - unless you got a really long list! :):

Basic Instinct 2.
Little Man.
The Wicker Man.
Bloodrayne.
Date Movie.

Off the top of my head.

(Don't you dare suggest Rocky Balboa!)
I just said it's one of the worst I've seen, not one of the worst of the year. I avoided those movies like the plague.