• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Official Film Discussion and Last Movie You Watched

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Rocky said:
A good site for trailers if you don't already know it is worstpreviews.com - often gets them before they're up on imdb and other places like that.
Do they get them up before apple.com/trailers? That's usually where I go because they have high-def.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Apparently their gonna do a Ghostbusters 3! :)

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Line said:
Do they get them up before apple.com/trailers? That's usually where I go because they have high-def.

Not sure - I often forget to check on there. Have a look and see for yourself! :)

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Gonna watch Casshern in a mo. Japanese flick - not a horror for once but a SFX Matrix style action film.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Just watched The Prestige. While there were aspects I enjoyed the script's themes were somewhat repetitive and the actual "abra cadabra" finish was anti-climatic. Nonetheless, not a bad film.
Rocky said:
I hear it's all CGI :uhoh2:

P

Pain

VIP
Rocky said:

you better not be fucking with us!

Cast? plot? anything?

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^Murray signed up for it but yeah I heard it's gonna be CGI too. To what degree I don't know. The real actors better be in it for real or it will be bum.

Watched Casshern - pretty good film. Visually it's reminiscent of elements of Matrix, Blade Runner and other CGI heavy landscapes. Like most Japanese films the climax is very ambiguous. But considering it's over 2hours it holds the attention well and is worth a look.

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Aykroyd also did Blues Brothers 2000, so we know he's not above murdering a respectable name. I hope Bill Murray isn't to that point yet, but we'll just have to see:ughnoes:

thedon

thedon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i got around to watching annie hall before the super bowl....it was alright,i don't mind woody allen, diane keaton is a very good actress, but something about this movie was kind of annoying.the constant talking back and forth about nothing, woody allen is the ultimate neurotic jew and that wat makes him so funny,but is was a bit to much. annie hall was overall an alright movie

thedon's score: 6.4/10 its an aquired taste, thats for sure...this movie is not for everyone

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
thedon said:
thedon's score: 6.4/10 its an aquired taste, thats for sure...this movie is not for everyone
:no:

Out of curiosity, how do you figure out your movie scores to any tenth of a point :e5dunno:

thedon

thedon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Line said:
:no:

Out of curiosity, how do you figure out your movie scores to any tenth of a point :e5dunno:
:e5dunno: just felt like it...if i think a movie is a 6 but not a 7 i will rank it out of 10 as far as movies that i think are a 6 and thats how i come up with with the decimals.....totally pointless, but i could start ranking it out of 100 if you don't like the tenths

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Has anybody seen Epic Movie? Does it suck?

Anybody seen Norbit? Hows that?

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Paulie said:
Has anybody seen Epic Movie? Does it suck?

Anybody seen Norbit? Hows that?
Epic Movie is on DailyMotion right now...I got through 2 minutes of it...

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^So no hugely long faggy review? :hay:

thedon

thedon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
got around to watching children of the corn....one of the worse movies i have seen in a hell of a long time. isaac was one of the most annoying characters i've ever seen, that carrottop wannabe kid unbearable to watch.

thedon's score: 1.5/10 avoid at all cost!!

E

EvilDumbell

Line said:
Do you guys think you've honestly watched more movies than me from any decade? Seriously, you're wrong.

I've seen more of it (and every other genre) than you have.

EDIT: Then again, I'm watching Vertigo by Hitchcock right now, so I can't expect you guys to look at horror or suspense movies objectively because you've never seen good ones.

lol so your admitting to no life outside the house line? ... Sorry i forgot about this thread :xyxthumbs:

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
EvilDumbell said:
lol so your admitting to no life outside the house line?
What do you mean? Surely you're forgetting I'm a raging alcoholic.

Saw quite a few movies lately; probably won't remember them all...

-The Prestige **1/2
-Marie Antoinette ***1/2
-Mr. Smith Goes to Washington ***1/2
-Grandma's Boy *1/2
-The Science of Sleep ***
-Shortbus ***1/4
-The Good German *1/2
-The Killing ****

...I plan on watching Slither and Apocalypto today.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^I liked Slither as a good old throwback to 80's gross out horrors with tongue in cheek. Curious to see what you think ofg Apocalypto cos I want to see that.
I'm getting a few films over from Thailand imminently.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Rocky said:
^I liked Slither as a good old throwback to 80's gross out horrors with tongue in cheek. Curious to see what you think ofg Apocalypto cos I want to see that.
I might be putting off Apocalypto for the day; going to watch Manderlay at some time this afternoon.

As for Slither, I wasn't a huge fan. It got off to a fairly slow and inconsistent start where it wasn't polished enough to take seriously or campy enough to be fully realized. The middle act was fantastic gross-out horror but the ending left me a bit unsatisfied. Not bad, but certainly nowhere near the throw-back caliber of last year's Shaun of the Dead.

**1/2
I'm getting a few dirty whores over from Thailand imminently.
Very nice.