• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Official Film Discussion and Last Movie You Watched

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Big Red Machine said:
the best movie ever is matrix reloaded :food-snacking:
Most dissapointing sequal of the past ten years :thumbsdown:

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
shorty said:
anybody watch me you and duprue yet to review it?
No and I actually wanted to see it at some point but after seeing these kind of reviews I think I'll stray away and wait for Scoop, Lady in the Water, and Little Miss Sunshine:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/you_me_and_dupree/

I also hear that An Inconvient Truth is in at my local independent theater so I might check that out this week as well.

shorty

shorty

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
sweet

i think ill be watching "Munich" tonight, so ill have a review sometime soon

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
shorty said:
sweet

I posted a long review of it over on BBD :tear:

Spike

Spike

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
hey line since you are a movie expert :)yarly:) whats your opinion on the last of the mohicans?

FOOTBALL FAN

FOOTBALL FAN

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
shorty said:
sweet

I watched a documentry about that it was trippy

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Munich is a great film. Keeps the intensite all over the 2 and a half hours (I think)

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Big Red Machine said:
hey line since you are a movie expert :)yarly:) whats your opinion on the last of the mohicans?
It's been a little while since I've seen it but it does have Daniel Day-Lewis as it's star (you might remember him from Gangs of New York) and it was a film by director Michael Mann (Heat, The Insider, Ali, Collateral, and soon-opening Miami Vice). Mann has a fairly distinct visual style and has continued to develop it over the years so it won't be at it's best in Mohicans, but a the presence of a true craftsman will still be felt. He definately keeps you occupied with visiual and audio movements enough to keep you enetertained for the true substance of the film in Mohicans as well. So if you haven't seen it, I'd recommend doing so but if you have or do see it and don't like I can't stress enough to at least give Heat and The Insider a chance.

PS: Thanks for the compliment :yarly:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
D

danimalmax22

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
mvsf1 said:
Munich is a great film. Keeps the intensite all over the 2 and a half hours (I think)

i dunno, it got a little boring at some points

who here liked the hills have eyes?

MexicanMuscle

MexicanMuscle

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
danimalmax22 said:
i dunno, it got a little boring at some points

i did! that movie was awesome!:D

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
An Inconvient Truth

Understanding the medium and aim of this project is by far the most important aspect of enjoying the film itself, and I feel the transition from lecture to celluloid caused the true movement of the Gore lecture to get lost in translation. This, however, is not to be overstated because several movies of the past few years have suffered a similar fate, but to a much worse extent (RENT).

The problem here focuses around the world-wide lectures Gore gives involving enough, very convincing evidence of proof to the global warming "myth" juxaposed with flashbacks and self-commentary/reflection from Gore. These scenes, two in particular in which he reminisses the near-loss of his child and the loss of his sister; do both his drive and lectures and injustice. There's an obvious social and political undertone to the entire film, however these scenes in particular seem to aim at the downfall of the democratic party since Clinton's left office: making well-off, unpersonable politicians seem like one of us and playing our emotions like heartstrings in order to strike the right chord for its viewers.

This being said, Gore ceraintly provides enough convincing proof and does a more than adequate job of tying his points together and making each seem relevent and interconnected as a result of the greater evil: global warming. Gore is sharp with his delivery and even clever, which should not suprise as he clearly is an intelligent man. His typical dryness is there but several interjections of humility and wit more than make up for it and appear to make him seem more like "one of us" ie. the common folk, than do his tragic stories of loss. This is a side of Gore we should all see more of and I feel those attending the actual lectures did, which leads me back to my major qualm of sometimes things are left better as in their original expression instead of being coverted into a film. I truly believe this is a film that was made as part of a greater good as it conveys an important and dire message to a larger audience than his lectures ever could.

Gore has two-thirds of a great movie here and it's a shame the few scenes had to bring it down to a movie I can still endorse, but with slightly less enthusiasm as I had hoped. The information itself is worth a view and a debate and the production quality, particularly for a documentary were exemplary.

*** (out of ****)

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
danimalmax22 said:
Whoever re-made this movie has a sick mind! I got pissed off when I saw the gun pointed to the baby's head, too fucked up. I watched it once and convinced my friend to watch it with me, he got a massive headache from watching it.

*Spoilers*

The part where the family first sees all the "mutants" pissed me off too because how on God's green earth did the mother not notice the mutant (IN THE SAME TRAILER) raping her daughter? You would of thought she would find out when one of them screams "NOW!!!!!" into the walkey talkey approximately 15 feet away. But no, she walks right out of the trailer without noticing him, lame.

Spike

Spike

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
hey line since you really are a movie expert:)yarly:) i need your help this friday me and my girlfriend are having a movie night and im the the one who picks the movies this time i know she doesnt like action like arnold and stallone she likes serious movies,but i dont know any "good" academy award movies so could you help me out.i need two good movies,if she doesnt like them shes gonna make me watch brokeback mountain (help me for the love of god help me):skurred:

MexicanMuscle

MexicanMuscle

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Flex said:
Whoever re-made this movie has a sick mind! I got pissed off when I saw the gun pointed to the baby's head, too fucked up. I watched it once and convinced my friend to watch it with me, he got a massive headache from watching it.

*Spoilers*

The part where the family first sees all the "mutants" pissed me off too because how on God's green earth did the mother not notice the mutant (IN THE SAME TRAILER) raping her daughter? You would of thought she would find out when one of them screams "NOW!!!!!" into the walkey talkey approximately 15 feet away. But no, she walks right out of the trailer without noticing him, lame.

about the trailer incident, yes i too am with u, i thought that the mom not noticing her daughter was pretty damn stupid, and also the sister's husband came in and didn't notice!

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Big Red Machine said:
hey line since you really are a movie expert:)yarly:) i need your help this friday me and my girlfriend are having a movie night and im the the one who picks the movies this time i know she doesnt like action like arnold and stallone she likes serious movies,but i dont know any "good" academy award movies so could you help me out.i need two good movies,if she doesnt like them shes gonna make me watch brokeback mountain (help me for the love of god help me):skurred:
LOL, Brokeback's good, man. Seriously, but I understand a lot of guy's reservations to watching it. As far as movies to watch, you can't really go wrong with As Good as it Gets (1997) with Jack Nicholson, Greg Kinnear, Cuba Gooding Jr, and Helen Hunt. It's a romantic-comedy that's far from a "chick flick" and both Jack and Helen won Academy Awards for their performances and there were a plethora of other nominations. It's a bit long but very enjoyable. Here's some more info:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119822/

Another suggestion from recent years is Sideways starring Paul Giamatti, Sandra Oh, Thomas Haden Church, and Virgian Madsen. It's another Comedy/Drama/Romance Directed by Alexander Payne who, I feel, is the best living director when it comes to combining true-life comedic moments with true-life drama and Sideways is no exception. It was my #3 movie of 2004:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0375063/

One last movie I would add is one I watched with an ex-girlfriend that we both loved: Rain Man with Tom Cruise and Dustin Hoffman. You cannot go wrong with this movie; nobody I've ever talked to has disliked it and it has elements both avid film snobs and casual viewers will enjoy:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095953/

If those don't fit what you're looking for let me know. If she enjoys older films (1930's-1960's) let me know and I can give you a good list there as well. Keep me posted buddy :2:

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Line said:
LOL, Brokeback's good, man. Seriously, but I understand a lot of guy's reservations to watching it.
You'll get your ass kicked saying shit like that on the streets. Watch it.

:gheyfight:

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Flex said:
You'll get your ass kicked saying shit like that on the streets. Watch it.

:gheyfight:
LOL I say that shit on the streets and I don't care. No one who judges that movie, particularly guys, have seen it and are just writing it off as some "gay" movie or it makes you interested in homosexuality if you see it. More than anything, the movie is about the two main characters dealing with their love for each through distance and time in a society that is in no way accepting of their orientation; neither are they. They both chose to deny how they feel to themselves and their loved ones and ultimately the general pressures of society tear things apart.

So, yeah, the movies far more than just some gay-love story between two popular actors (both of whom give career-performances), it's beautifully directed and shot and in all-honesty it should've beaten Crash for Best Picture easily.

I had it as my number three overall movie of 2005.