• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Official Film Discussion and Last Movie You Watched

CaptainCharisma

CaptainCharisma

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i just watched "You, Me and Dupree"....it was okay not amazing, but i have to say that Owen Wilson carried the entire movie, without him this movie would have completley sucked instead of only half sucking

Spike

Spike

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Line said:
LOL, Brokeback's good, man. Seriously, but I understand a lot of guy's reservations to watching it. As far as movies to watch, you can't really go wrong with As Good as it Gets (1997) with Jack Nicholson, Greg Kinnear, Cuba Gooding Jr, and Helen Hunt. It's a romantic-comedy that's far from a "chick flick" and both Jack and Helen won Academy Awards for their performances and there were a plethora of other nominations. It's a bit long but very enjoyable. Here's some more info:

Another suggestion from recent years is Sideways starring Paul Giamatti, Sandra Oh, Thomas Haden Church, and Virgian Madsen. It's another Comedy/Drama/Romance Directed by Alexander Payne who, I feel, is the best living director when it comes to combining true-life comedic moments with true-life drama and Sideways is no exception. It was my #3 movie of 2004:

One last movie I would add is one I watched with an ex-girlfriend that we both loved: Rain Man with Tom Cruise and Dustin Hoffman. You cannot go wrong with this movie; nobody I've ever talked to has disliked it and it has elements both avid film snobs and casual viewers will enjoy:

If those don't fit what you're looking for let me know. If she enjoys older films (1930's-1960's) let me know and I can give you a good list there as well. Keep me posted buddy :2:
first of all i cant thank you enough for going through the trouble and for recommending me good movies,really thank you :2: so i decided to go with as good as it gets and sideways,i know my girlfriend is really into the romantic-comedy thing(perssonally i go with a jackie chan movie but she hates them)hopefully if things go well(and i get lucky if you know what i mean :yarly:)i will ask for your expert advice again before our next movie night if its okay with you.so thanks again buddy it means alot to me thank you,and will keep you posted on how things go.

PS.i will go through hellfire and brimstone to avoid watching brokeback mountain,that movie scares the holy hell out of me :skurred:

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Big Red Machine said:
first of all i cant thank you enough for going through the trouble and for recommending me good movies,really thank you :2: so i decided to go with as good as it gets and sideways,i know my girlfriend is really into the romantic-comedy thing(perssonally i go with a jackie chan movie but she hates them)hopefully if things go well(and i get lucky if you know what i mean :yarly:)i will ask for your expert advice again before our next movie night if its okay with you.so thanks again buddy it means alot to me thank you,and will keep you posted on how things go.

PS.i will go through hellfire and brimstone to avoid watching brokeback mountain,that movie scares the holy hell out of me :skurred:
LOL at the going through hellfire and brimstone comment :49:

Anyways, those should be good choices man and I hope they "work out" for you and her...I'm flattered you'd ask me for movie advice and I'd be happy to help you in the future so don't hesitate. Good luck, and give 'er one for me :2:

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
BRM, how'd things go with the movies/lady?

Spike

Spike

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Line said:
BRM, how'd things go with the movies/lady?
hello buddy welcome back :wave: i missed you :tear: but now your here so im happy again :).so heres a update,it all went as planned we started with as good as it gets wich she loved (as for me well there wasnt any killing or ass kicking involved :tear: ) altough she was a little surprised that i picked a movie like that :uhoh2: we then watched sideways she really loved this one ( i liked it too) somehow you picked the exact movies that she would like thats freaky.and after about 4 hours of quality movie watchin we........lets just say everything went as planned ( and i mean everything if you know what i mean :cool: :cool: ) well i owe it all to you bro so thanks a lot and the next time i need movie advice (i would say in about two weeks or so)i will ask for your expert advice again,im not joking you really are a movie expert :eclipsee_gold_cup: .

PS:i made a deal with her as long as i pick good movies i dont have to watch brokeback mountain :D (thank god)

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Big Red Machine said:
hello buddy welcome back :wave: i missed you :tear: but now your here so im happy again :).so heres a update,it all went as planned we started with as good as it gets wich she loved (as for me well there wasnt any killing or ass kicking involved :tear: ) altough she was a little surprised that i picked a movie like that :uhoh2: we then watched sideways she really loved this one ( i liked it too) somehow you picked the exact movies that she would like thats freaky.and after about 4 hours of quality movie watchin we........lets just say everything went as planned ( and i mean everything if you know what i mean :cool: :cool: ) well i owe it all to you bro so thanks a lot and the next time i need movie advice (i would say in about two weeks or so)i will ask for your expert advice again,im not joking you really are a movie expert :eclipsee_gold_cup: .

PS:i made a deal with her as long as i pick good movies i dont have to watch brokeback mountain :D (thank god)
Awesome man, glad I can help :hsughr:

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I rented "The Usual Suspects" last night with Kevin Spacey. Havn't watched it yet, but I heard it's really good.

Also rented "Friday Night Lights." I think sports movies are getting over-done these days. The same thing happends everytime, the best player gets hurt and the team still makes it to the championship game. It really wasn't too bad, but it could of been better. Was nothing near as good as Remember the Titans. Overall: 2 1/2 out of 4 stars from me.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The Usual Suspects is fucking superb! If you don't love it - you are an imbecile.

Spike

Spike

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
hey line could you give me your opinion on the movie V for vendetta,is it good or bad i would love to hear your expert opinion on it bro.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Big Red Machine said:
hey line could you give me your opinion on the movie V for vendetta,is it good or bad i would love to hear your expert opinion on it bro.
Personally I didn't like it and it would not get my offical stamp of approval, however I won't go on and on about why I disliked it because I'd have a lot to explain and you really, really have to be particular about movies and know them inside and out to feel it was a sub-par film. Personally, I think you'd enjoy it because it was far from awful, I just felt that it fell well short of what it could and should have been.

Spike

Spike

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Line said:
Personally I didn't like it and it would not get my offical stamp of approval, however I won't go on and on about why I disliked it because I'd have a lot to explain and you really, really have to be particular about movies and know them inside and out to feel it was a sub-par film. Personally, I think you'd enjoy it because it was far from awful, I just felt that it fell well short of what it could and should have been.
thanks a lot for your opinion and since you didnt use words like terrible or horrible to describe it i will check it out.so thanks a lot bro for your opinion.

:food-snacking:

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^Is Clerks 2 actually any good. I know Line didn't think much of it but he doesn't like Kev Smith so wanted another opinion. (No offence Line obviously!)

P

Pain

VIP
Rocky said:
^Is Clerks 2 actually any good. I know Line didn't think much of it but he doesn't like Kev Smith so wanted another opinion. (No offence Line obviously!)

FUNNY AS HELL.. but i wish i watched the first one before the second one. You don't need to, but it would just make it better.

Randal Graves reminds me of FreakZilla.. i imagine Freak being like Randal in person. :food-snacking:

guy on the left.

Last edited by a moderator:
R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
That's the response I was hoping for - cheers Pain. While I have my doubts it's as good as the first one (what sequel is) I still think it'll probably be worth a laugh.
So you think Freak is a selfish bastard?

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
HOL E CRAP! I just watched the first scene of the hills have eyes, watchin the rest rght now, anyone seen this movie yet, any reviews? Was it good, bc it seems like its gonna be ight.
Thanks
AND

shorty

shorty

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i hated the hills have eyes, it was just too cheesy for my likes anyway, im into those psychological thriller, gory/sadistic type movies

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yea its kinda sterotype horror movie isnt it the ore im watching it the less interetsed im becoming

shorty

shorty

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
the only part i liked though was the guy with the fat-head and he goes "why are you laughing" "heh heh Its Breakfast Time" and that spaz jumps through the wall with an axe

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
LOL shorty, the guy in the glasses killed EVERYBOOOOODY!

Movie was kinda sick imo man.

I just watched firewall too, i liked ffirewall way more than i liked the hills have eyes.