• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Official MMA News/Discussion Thread

• Thread starter CaptainCharisma
  • Start date
onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm going to laugh hard when Brock gasses about two minutes in; this reeks of 'prop fight', but we should expect nothing less from the Japanese.

I can't help but feel Sakuraba and Gracie will dissapoint. After something as amazing as their first fight, how could it not? They're both older, Sak's pretty full of injuries, and Gracie's on the decline. We'll just see what happens, I guess.

Randy's the man. I look forward to seeing him successfully defend his title, namely because I know he's doing anything but looking past Gonzaga.

CaptainCharisma

CaptainCharisma

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Martin Kamppann has backed out of the Franklin fight (knee injury) so replacing him will be Yushin Okami...looks like a pretty compelling fight, non?

CaptainCharisma

CaptainCharisma

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
some funny mma pics i found, the Fedor one rocks, youll see why

FedorTrips 1

Auto 014

26 09 08

Attachments

• Wanderlei1.jpg
    Wanderlei1.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 16
  • Liddell1.jpg
    Liddell1.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 19
Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
http://www.sherdog.com/news/news.asp?n_id=7506

NSAC Suspends Guillard for Cocaine Use

Thursday, May 10, 2007
by Sherdog.com Staff

Lightweight Melvin Guillard was suspended for eight months and fined $2,100 on Wednesday by the Nevada State Athletic Commission after the New Orleans native tested positive for a metabolite of cocaine following his loss to Joe Stevenson on April 5.

This marks the first time a mixed martial artist was suspended for cocaine by the NSAC. According to a report on MMAweekly.com, Guillard told the commission he used cocaine on March 30 and expected it to be out of his system by the time he stepped into the Octagon for his UFC Fight Night main event bout against Stevenson.

"I've only been introduced to drugs in the past year or so," Guillard (20-6-1, 1 NC) was reported to have said in front of the NSAC.

"I made an honest mistake," continued the 24-year-old, who is eligible to return to the cage in December. "I embarrassed myself, and I embarrassed my family."

CaptainCharisma

CaptainCharisma

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
he looks so much like the Predator its insane

fallen

fallen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
lol i liked some of those and i hope Gillard gets his shit together but you never really know

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
(right leg of the girl on top)

Bodog 1

sextonvstomomi06lt3.jpg

fallen

fallen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
damn that leg looks sick but lol at the steriods

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
http://www.sherdog.com/news/news.asp?n_id=7538

ESPN & Sherdog Announce Agreement

ESPN.com Announces Agreement with Mixed Martial Arts Site Sherdog.com

ESPN has entered a cross-promotional and content integration agreement with Sherdog.com, the largest Mixed Martial Arts site on the Internet. Sherdog, a part of CraveOnline.com, a leading male lifestyle destination for young men, draws millions of visitors a month and features a global assembly of contributors covering the sport from MMA hot spots around the world. The site, launched in 1997, provides up-to-the-minute news, information and analysis about every fight and athlete involved in Mixed Martial Arts. The collaboration between Sherdog.com and ESPN.com will debut in advance of the highly anticipated Chuck Liddell (Pictures)-Quinton Jackson (Pictures) Ultimate Fighting rematch on May 26.

As part of the agreement, ESPN will highlight exclusive, in-depth Sherdog content contextually within ESPN.com, including news, interviews, videos, event listings, and more. ESPN.com's new Mixed Martial Arts section index will also feature Sherdog's Fight Finder module, which allows users to search the largest fighter database online for stats and personal information. Sherdog's weekly online Radio show will be offered at ESPNRadio.com and for download via the ESPN PodCenter.

"Interest in Mixed Martial Arts continues to grow," said John Kosner, senior vice president and general manager, ESPN New Media. "Our mission is to serve sports fans and collaborating with Sherdog.com made sense for both of us. We can tap into the resources of some of the best Mixed Martial Arts experts in the business - delivering a level of dedicated, expert coverage that fans expect from ESPN.com."

Garrett Poe, Sherdog's co-owner said, "Sharing content with ESPN.com will enable us to expand our audience, develop the Sherdog brand among new users, and, ultimately, grow the MMA fan base."

fallen

fallen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
now thats going main stream i bet it will be up there with the spelling bee on espn 2 lol I really hope that look at it as a true sport not just a fad

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
Koscheck vs. St. Pierre @ UFC 74 in August.

CaptainCharisma

CaptainCharisma

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
GSP is gonna tear Kos up...example of what will happen = GSP vs Trigg

fallen

fallen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
CaptainCharisma said:
GSP is gonna tear Kos up...example of what will happen = GSP vs Trigg
Kos is dead but only if GSP lets go again

CaptainCharisma

CaptainCharisma

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i think GSP will come out ready to make a statement, i get the feelings the guys gonna go on a tear now; losing the way he did he's definatley gonna have something to prove

CaptainCharisma

CaptainCharisma

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i havnt been on as much reccently, but i dropped by to say this

WAR RAMPAGE!!!!!