• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Official MMA News/Discussion Thread

• Thread starter CaptainCharisma
  • Start date
fallen

fallen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
glad that Chuck vs Wandy is back on and hey when is Shogun making his UFC debute

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Wandy's sun is setting; he's already handed the proverbial reins over to Shogun in print a number of times.

On a side note, did anyone watch the Sakuraba/Royce fight? Did the judges? Aparently we were watching two different things; a unanimous nod for Gracie was complete garbage. I had it 2-1 for Sakuraba....seemed like anyone else who cared to comment did too. Politics:disgust:

Royce's sun set years ago. The fact that they would swing a bogus decision(aside from the obvious financial reasons, of course) just reeks of ignorance to me. Royce was amazing.....up through '94. 2000 was a shining moment for him, but he completely failed to capitalize on it.

CaptainCharisma

CaptainCharisma

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
3 rounds doesnt do that fight justice, it would have been nice to see them go at it with no time limit again....so that something could actually happen

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I just wish Kazushi had the same drive Matt Hughes did against Royce; despite Gracie's tendency to draw out a fight, Matt had none of it. Oh well:e5dunno:

Hero's kept Sakuraba fighting way too much as is, and I know it's taken a toll. He's been in the ring once every three months or so for nearly the last two years; that's insane. One man can't carry an organization, not in MMA.

CaptainCharisma

CaptainCharisma

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Cro Cop may fight Kongo at UFC 75...i would have rather seen Arlovski vs Cro Cop, but this is still a very kickass looking standup bout

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The fact that Kongo seems unwilling/unable to develop anything concerning a ground game pretty much insures that it'll be a good fight. I hope Mirko doesn't look past him like he did with Gonzaga....

Serra and Hughes. Opinions?

CaptainCharisma

CaptainCharisma

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i doubt Cro Cop will underestimate again, espicially since Kongo is an accomplished kickboxer

as for Serra/Hughes, i don't see Serra being able to get past Hughes, i don't think it'll be a one sided fight though, i think Hughes will just revert to his wrestling and lay n pray his way to a decision or something simular

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I for one didn't see Serra even hanging with Rush though, let alone TKO'ing him in the first round. Rush, Jardine, Salmon, Forrest, Liddell....upsets are nearly commonplace nowadays.

Hughes has decent hands, but they tend to be slow. If Serra does bring his A game, I could see him picking up the duke. He definitely has the motivation in place; he doesn't like Hughes at all, and each fight of his is still a make-or-break contest. He's fighting another slide into obscurity, and that's a good kick in the butt if there ever was one. His BJJ is quite excellent, and as such I doubt Hughes will be able to steal another fight on lay and pray alone as he did with Lytle:no:

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
have you guys talked about the Tommy Morrison fiasco yet? :49:

I was reading about it on Sherdog. What a fuckin joke. An unsanctioned "MMA" fight on an Indian reservation, and the rules were changed to boxing rules 30 minutes before the fight. And they still aren't sure if Tommy has HIV or not, because he didn't have to take any kind of blood test before the fight.

oh brother.

fallen

fallen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Tech said:
have you guys talked about the Tommy Morrison fiasco yet? :49:

I was reading about it on Sherdog. What a fuckin joke. An unsanctioned "MMA" fight on an Indian reservation, and the rules were changed to boxing rules 30 minutes before the fight. And they still aren't sure if Tommy has HIV or not, because he didn't have to take any kind of blood test before the fight.

oh brother.
lol thats just sad i haven't looked at it yet but i will now

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
what is going on with Tommy's boobs? :49:

45349jf6.jpg

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
HIV boobs, sweet crap:ughnoes:

I caught the wave about it on Sherdog yesterday; it reeked of dangerous lame. The fight itself sounded sloppy, but I am glad Morrison broke his opponent's nose instead of him leaking all over the place.

He needs to go. Even the hint of HIV should ban him from contact sports, let alone MMA/boxing; too many claims on those tests for anyone's comfort.

CaptainCharisma

CaptainCharisma

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
onebigeric said:
I for one didn't see Serra even hanging with Rush though, let alone TKO'ing him in the first round. Rush, Jardine, Salmon, Forrest, Liddell....upsets are nearly commonplace nowadays.

Hughes has decent hands, but they tend to be slow. If Serra does bring his A game, I could see him picking up the duke. He definitely has the motivation in place; he doesn't like Hughes at all, and each fight of his is still a make-or-break contest. He's fighting another slide into obscurity, and that's a good kick in the butt if there ever was one. His BJJ is quite excellent, and as such I doubt Hughes will be able to steal another fight on lay and pray alone as he did with Lytle:no:

In my opinion Serra is the better all around martial artist than Hughes, his standup is better and hes got way heavier hands, and Serra's grappaling in my opinion is better than Hughes as well, the deciding factor that Hughes has however is what he always has in his freakish power. Add to that Serra is extremely small for a WW, and you have the reason why Serra could (if he does) lose, based solely on Hughes being stronger and bigger.

CaptainCharisma

CaptainCharisma

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Tommy Morrison is a fool, and should have never been allowed to fight anyone, i dont care what the doctors say, that man had AIDS, no one should be fighting him.

Last edited by a moderator:
onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ultimate Fight Night tonight; card looks so-so, but I know I'll enjoy it all the same.

fallen

fallen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
onebigeric said:
Ultimate Fight Night tonight; card looks so-so, but I know I'll enjoy it all the same.
i didn't get watch it live but i recorded it so i'll check it out later hope it was good

Gumby51cm

Gumby51cm

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
fallen said:
i didn't get watch it live but i recorded it so i'll check it out later hope it was good

it was really good. three out of the five fights were awesome....one ends in 13 seconds......fuckin great. the main event kinda sucked though

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
A lot of quick finishes, especially from Drew. Main event sounded like a war though; what didn't you like about it, Gumby?

JS316

JS316

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
CaptainCharisma said:
Cro Cop may fight Kongo at UFC 75...i would have rather seen Arlovski vs Cro Cop, but this is still a very kickass looking standup bout

Absolutely.. AA vs CC would be a much better fight..

they should feed Kongo some easier fights, I'm sure they could market him well once his record is more respectable...he's got a good look to him.

Gumby51cm

Gumby51cm

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
A lot of quick finishes, especially from Drew. Main event sounded like a war though; what didn't you like about it, Gumby?

it was just a one sided boxing match. The guy who won the first time around just got smacked upside the head throughout all three rounds. straight stand up matches are pretty boring to me