• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Official MMA News/Discussion Thread

• Thread starter CaptainCharisma
  • Start date
JS316

JS316

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^loool!!

who u guys got for Shamrock Vs Baroni 2moro?

gonna be awesome!!

I got Shamrock winning, but would totally love for Phil to KO him

CaptainCharisma

CaptainCharisma

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Shamrock will not beat Baroni, he's gonna get his ass KOed...and im gonna laugh my ass off

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
Did you guys read that Michael Bisping could be fighting Ken Shamrock (instead of Matt Hamill) at UFC 75? :49:

was this a joke? I don't think the UFC confirmed it.

JS316

JS316

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Did you guys read that Michael Bisping could be fighting Ken Shamrock (instead of Matt Hamill) at UFC 75? :49:

was this a joke? I don't think the UFC confirmed it.

I saw that.. I'm in the minority that would prefer to see this.. even though ken is past it i like to watch old school guys come back.. if he fluked a win against Bisping it would totally piss off the UFC seeing their rising star lose

in saying that..the fight probably wont happen

CaptainCharisma

CaptainCharisma

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i dont think thatll happen, i read somewhere that the Hamill/Bisping fight is pretty much confirmed...that being said, deaf boy is gonna get slaughtered

Gumby51cm

Gumby51cm

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i dont think thatll happen, i read somewhere that the Hamill/Bisping fight is pretty much confirmed...that being said, deaf boy is gonna get slaughtered

no need for the deaf comment dude.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
I think Bisping will win, but it could be a very boring fight. Hamill will probably shoot the entire match, which sucks because he's awful from the top position....and Bisping isn't that great from his back.

Hopefully they'll keep it a slugfest.

CaptainCharisma

CaptainCharisma

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think Bisping will win, but it could be a very boring fight. Hamill will probably shoot the entire match, which sucks because he's awful from the top position....and Bisping isn't that great from his back.

Hopefully they'll keep it a slugfest.

Hamill moves too slow to be able to properly catch Bisping, so long as Bisping can keep a distance from him, im confident he can KO him in the first. From watching any Hamill fight anyone can see this guys standup skills are pretty much nonexistent.

CaptainCharisma

CaptainCharisma

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
wow shamrocl beat baroni...now we're never gonna hear the end of this

CaptainCharisma

CaptainCharisma

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
according to the reports on the UFN prelims, those fights are fuckin wars...i wanna see them :tear:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
CaptainCharisma

CaptainCharisma

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
apparently Maynard self KOed while he knocked out Emmerson....i have to see this someway

CaptainCharisma

CaptainCharisma

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Brian Geraghty vs Matt Wiman

Round 1
Matt Wiman scores an early single-leg takedown. Wiman scoring with a barrage of punches and elbows from his opponent's guard. Wiman moves to the mount. Brian Geraghty rolls over to avoid punishment, but the tactic does not work as Wiman unleashes about 10 straight right hands to the side of his head. The referee steps in to show mercy at 2:09 of the opening period.

Alan Berube vs Leonard Garcia

Round 1
The fighters clinch in the opening seconds of the round. Berubie takes the fight to the canvas with an inside leg trip. Garcia works back to his feet and pulls guard with a guillotine choke. Berubie escapes and works for a guillotine of his own after a scramble. Good action thus far in this back and fourth battle. From half-guard, Garcia sweeps and takes his opponent's back after another scramble. He locks on the rear naked choke and forces a tapout at 4:22 of the first.

Gray Maynard vs Rob Emmerson

Round 1
The opening 5 minutes is an absolute war. The fighters trade toe-to-toe in the center of the octagon. Maynard connects with a hard right. Emerson executes a beautiful hip toss that sends Maynard head-first to the canvas. Maynard works Emerson's body with hard punches. Maynard strikes from the mount and back position before the horn sounds to end the round.

Round 2
Maynard scores with an uppercut and slams Emerson hard to the mat. Emerson is injured and taps, but Maynard knocked himself out while executing the throw. Maynard complains after the bout that he was not unconscious but replays tell a different story. The fight is ruled a no-contest.

Andy Wang vs Cole Miller

Round 1
Cole Miller lands a left leg head kick that drops Andy Wang. He pounces with lefts and rights until the referee pulls him off. The official time is 1:10 of the first period.

Brandon Melendez vs Joe Lauzon

Round 1
Lauzon takes the fight to the ground with a double-leg takedown after landing and eating some crisp punches. Lauzon moves to the mount. Melendez bucks to escape, but Lauzon hops on his back and looks for a rear naked choke. Melendez gets to his feet but is taken down again. Sherdog.com scores the round 10-9 for Lauzon.

Round 2
Lauzon opens the second round with another double-leg takedown. He moves to mount shortly after. Melendez gives up his back but fights off the rear naked choke. Melendez turns into Lauzon and is caught in a beautiful triangle choke. He taps at 2:09 of the second stage. Impressive performance from Joe Lauzon.

These fights sound so damn badass...

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The replays on Gray were complete bullocks. His explanation is clearly spelled out on tape, but yet the moronic judges still refused to see what actually happened. Hopefully they'll revise the decision in the coming weeks.

It was a much better event than I thought it would be, and I had it rated pretty dang high in my mind. Jens brought more to the table than I thought he would against BJ; I really look forward to seeing him back. His attitude was so far above and beyond virtually anyone in MMA as a whole; all we needed were Rich Franklin and Anderson Silva in there and light would've been shining down, dead serious.

Oh, and BJ is still a complete douchebag. After Jens gave him immense props on the mike for a couple of minutes, BJ's reply was....."If you want to know how BJ Penn feels, go to BJPenn.com!" He then runs right out of the octagon....

-Talks about himself in the third person.
-Has a shameless plug for his website on his butt.
-Plugs his website and nothing else in his post-fight, ergo disrespecting Jens in an immense way.
-Has his own head shoved up his butt.....although with Rogan's plastered in there 25/7(He invented an extra hour just for it), I don't know how there's any more room in there:uhoh2:

What bugs me the most is I want to like BJ, but he keeps doing crap like this. Also, what the heck was up with his Hawaiin sovereignty shirt? He could wear a banner proclaiming himself to be the father of Anna Nicole Smith's baby and it wouldn't surprise me:hhj:

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
they were all entertaining fights.

it sucked that Diaz won like that, but his post-fight interview made up for it. :49:

CaptainCharisma

CaptainCharisma

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i just saw that Maynard self KO...shades of Lindland right there

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
just made this.

tko1.gif

CaptainCharisma

CaptainCharisma

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ thats a classic moment right there, props Tech

Gumby51cm

Gumby51cm

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i thought all the fights went well. im with grey, i think he should have won regardless. a tap is a tap.

sucks that manny had to go out like that. he took it well though and didnt seem too upset.

i agree that bj is disrespectfull to jens. the post interveiw with jens, all he was saying was how awesome bj is and how much he respects him now, all nice things. then bj just runs off.

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Gray was fine; not to mention that was an awesome slam to boot:hsughr:

Last edited by a moderator: