• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Official MMA News/Discussion Thread

• Thread starter CaptainCharisma
  • Start date
hugegunns

hugegunns

if by fine you mean unconsious then yeah he was great :jerkoff1:

That's the funniest shit I've read in a long time. Has anyone been watching WEC on VS. ?

Also I was watching pride fighting for the first time the yesterday, and are they not able to throw elbows? There were plenty of chances for both fighters and neither threw any? I was dissapointed with the fight as well, it was the main event and it was one sided. I only got to watch the one fight, because of a damn minor league baseball game was carried over. I hate baseball and it goes to show America does too, their were only 850 fans in a stadium that help 6,800.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
I've been watching WEC anytime I notice that it's on. But that Versus channel is hard to find, I always forgot where it's at. lol.

Have you seen the show "TapouT"? That show is a fuckin joke. All those Tapout guys are douchebags.

hugegunns

hugegunns

^Yeah I like the clothes but not the show, I did like the one where they followed Chuck Liddell's man bitch. I got to see some of the trainning the did at the famous PIT. I was pissed that the guy (can't remember his name) Chuck has been trained by, looks like he stole every exercise from Rosstraining.com. But none the less I like the WEC.

Bye the way Tech that was a sweet vid you made of that throw-down. I read the post about it, but you just don't get the visual needed until you see the vid. Thanks

fallen

fallen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
yeah the WEC is a good show they have had some great fights and now Jens Pulver is headed down there to fight in the 145lb division.

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
if by fine you mean unconsious then yeah he was great :jerkoff1:

:49::xyxthumbs:

If you watch the entire fight, it's fairly plain to see he was rocked. A decleration of NC(especially considering they ruled the tap first) just seems extremely incompetent. Gray post fight was completely lucid; if his eyes were 'rolling in the back of his head' only thirty seconds or so before, he should've had marbles in his mouth. That gif makes it look really bad, but Gray being able to describe the entire event kind of contradicts the notion that he was completely unconscious.

Yeah, I'm sold on Gray Maynard, but a bad call is just that.

I've been able to catch the IFL on Versus lately(in the 150's on Dish Network), and I'm impressed with the product in a big way. Given that the WEC is basically a UFC clone, I'd imagine we'll see some excellent fights come out of there as well:hsughr:

hugegunns

hugegunns

I like the IFL only for the reason that they don't allow the fighters to stall. There has been some good girl fights on there as well. WEC is my favorite so far. You are right though, WEC is a knockoff of UFC, but there still are some good fights. Does anyone know when Jens Pulver fights on WEC I've never heard of him, I would like to see him. I love this sport only for the fact is no matter how great someone is they could still, at any time, get knocked the F%$k out.

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The WEC was Zuffa's first real acquisition in the world of expanding brands in MMA, so being a clone sounds perfectly acceptable to me. Giving more fighters a chance in the spotlight while maintaining the standards of its parent orginization sounds like a good way to insure the stable future of the WEC to me.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
lol.

Icfcmethodgetcs1s4fa769yw9 1 9572fw2 1

Attachments

• icfcmethodgetcs1s4fa769yw9-1.jpg
    icfcmethodgetcs1s4fa769yw9-1.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 0
onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
:e5dunno::49:

Two of my top ten right there. The fact that Anderson was checking on Rich in that shot makes him even more impressive to me.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
B.J. Penn vs. Diego Sanchez @ UFC 74

along with...

Randy Couture vs. Gabriel Gonzaga
Georges St. Pierre vs. Josh Koscheck
Joe Stevenson vs. Kurt Pellegrino
David Heath vs. Renato Sobral

looks to be another good one.

CaptainCharisma

CaptainCharisma

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
lol if GSP and Hughes couldn't overpower Penn (the second fight with Hughes doesnt really count cause BJ broke a rib...) wtf is Diego gonna do? and if the same BJ shows up as the second Jens fight...oh im gonna enjoy that one

clocknox9

clocknox9

B.J. Penn vs. Diego Sanchez @ UFC 74

along with...

Randy Couture vs. Gabriel Gonzaga
Georges St. Pierre vs. Josh Koscheck
Joe Stevenson vs. Kurt Pellegrino
David Heath vs. Renato Sobral

looks to be another good one.

It's going to be a great card, Im glad to see Babalu back in action!

But Im still looking more foward seeing 72...

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
ok nevermind.

Penn's Camp Denies Report of August Fight

B.J. Penn's camp informed Sherdog.com that the 28-year-old Hawaiian would not face Diego Sanchez (Pictures) in August, though the possibility wasn't ruled out for a later date.

On Tuesday, Sherdog.com cited a source close to Penn and Sanchez who said a fight had been agreed upon for Aug. 25 in Las Vegas and would be featured on the undercard of the UFC heavyweight title fight between Randy Couture and Gabriel Gonzaga.

Penn's camp said the fight with Sanchez had not been offered by the UFC for August, and indicated many options are being discussed as far the fighter's future inside the octagon, which includes the possibility of him remaining at lightweight.

Penn expects to release news of his future via his Web site, BJPenn.com, though no date was given as to when he would make a statement.

Last edited by a moderator:
fallen

fallen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
BJ Penn. com BJ Penn. com BJ Penn. com BJ Penn. com lol there ain't shit to that site

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
BJ is still such a deluded chimp:linedrunk:

74 looks excellent, but I'm too high on the possibilities of 73 right now to notice much:hsughr:

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
UFC 73: Stacked

more like....

UFC 73: Meh

:io:

Gumby51cm

Gumby51cm

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
post them!!!

no spoilers though

CaptainCharisma

CaptainCharisma

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i thought it was a pretty good card, Nog/Herring was great, Sherk was as expected, Anderson showed great skill with that sweep, and Rashad's tentivness was uber gay

i also just heard that if Cro Cop gets past Kongo we're gonna see Nog vs Cro Cop II and BJ is fighting Sherk for the title in November...BJ!!!!!!!

Gumby51cm

Gumby51cm

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
so much for the lack of spoilers