• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Official Ron Paul Discussion Thread

Robcardu

Robcardu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It makes me angry seeing those ppl booing him when in my opinion they should be giving him a standing ovation, FINALLY a soon-to-be-president :ughfingers:figures out that they have to keep good relation with other countries and keep his ass away from internal affairs, he said it right, " we create the chavezes and castros of this world", if you go down to Argentina they feel a very very deep hate to americans, because US goverment has done and, I quote him again, "created chaos" down here. Now when we might see the light at the end of the tunnel some "pendejos" boo him, what do they want? if you're sooo latino and always fighting for hispanic's right and that bullshit, why dont you support someone who wants to trade with us, wants to talk to us, and recognize that they have done many bad things down here.

Those people are just ignorants, they should be sent back to Cuba in a "balsa" and being buttf*cked by Casro.

just my two cents.:food-snacking:

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
got this from "A Republic, if you can keep it."

Absolutely brilliant.

There are precise goals Congress should work for, even under today's difficult circumstances. It must preserve, in the best manner possible, voluntary options to failed government programs. We must legalize freedom to the maximum extent possible.

1. Complete police protection is impossible; therefore we must preserve the right to own weapons in self-defense.

2. In order to maintain economic protection against government debasement of the currency, gold ownership must be preserved-something taken away from the American people during the Depression.

3. Adequate retirement protection by the government is limited, if not ultimately impossible. We must allow every citizen the opportunity to control all his or her retirement funds.

4. Government education has clearly failed. We must guarantee the right of families to home school or send their kids to private schools and help them with tax credits.

5. Government snooping must be stopped. We must work to protect all our privacy, especially on the Internet, prevent the National ID Card, and to stop the development of all government data banks.

6. Federal police functions are unconstitutional and increasingly abusive. We should disarm all federal bureaucrats and return the police function to local authorities.

7. The army was never meant to be used in local policing activities. We must firmly prohibit our presidents from using the military in local law enforcement operations which is now being planned for under the guise of fighting terrorism.

8. Foreign military intervention by our presidents in recent years, to police the American Empire, is a costly failure. Foreign military intervention should not be permitted without explicit congressional approval.

9. Competitions in all elections should be guaranteed, and the monopoly powers gained by the two major parties through unfair signature requirements, high fees, and campaign donation controls should be removed. Competitive parties should be allowed in all government sponsored debates.

10. We must do whatever is possible to help instill a spiritual love for freedom and recognize that our liberties depend on responsible individuals, not the group or the collective or society as a whole. The individual is the building block of a free and prosperous social order.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
:49: @ the ending.

Last edited by a moderator:
Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Tech, IS, or Flex, or whomever else. I am debating with someone about Ron Paul on myspace but couldnt come up with a very good arguement against these comments. I know that he wants out of these organizations because they are unconstitutional but can you guys help me creat a better argument for Ron Paul?

Ron Paul advocates free trade but wants to pull us out of NAFYA and the WTO. His pro free trade can be seen in the last televised debate, and his website states his desire to leave NAFTA and the WTO. These are contradictory statements. As for the the North American Union, its first paranoid and second i don't see why is a bad thing? Mexico(12th by GDP) and Canada(11th by GDP) both have robust and stable economies and excellent democratic governing systems. Theres no reason to believe that any successor state would be anything but that. So even if for some reason you believe the evidence-less argument about the North American Union, hes failed to show us why its a bad thing.

On Foreign Policy: He states he supports the US having friends abroad through diplomacy (check the foreign policy section of his site) but wants to pull us out of NATO, the US-Jap alliance and every other military alliance we have. Furthermore he wants to pull us out the UN. Here's where i think he wants to ruin the US and a further contradiction. He was against the war, that our allies opposed, so they agree... Yet now he wants to cut us off from their tempering influence, that if united could have kept us out of Iraq? On the UN itself though, he fears the rise of some world government for religious reasons, he said so in a speech in Iowa not even a month ago. To oppose the UN for religious reasons is the same as opposed civil rights for religious reasons its stupid and ought not be in government. He's afraid the UN will become the world government prophesied about in revelations that will unify the world under the antichrist. Talk about silly.

Also: Ron Paul supports home schooling... Which is in my mind something that ought to be banned or monitored rigorously... Home schooling allows people to raise their children in an insular, provincial and parochial way.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Big government doesn't work, never has. The United States is almost too large to govern by itself, but to expand it into the NAU? Just look what happend to the Soviet Union, the same thing would eventually happen to us.

He wants out of the UN because they force us into wars. He talked about it shortly on "Meet the Press" yesterday. I don't see how all our "allies" were against the war when in reality the U.K., Israel, Spain, Mexico, Pakistan, etc were for the war.

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Also: Ron Paul supports home schooling... Which is in my mind something that ought to be banned or monitored rigorously... Home schooling allows people to raise their children in an insular, provincial and parochial way.

Here's something of his own on edu.

The role of the US government in public education has changed dramatically over the past 100 years. Most of the major changes have occurred in the second half of this century. In the 19th century, the closest the federal government got to public education was the Land Grant College program. In the last 40 years, the federal government has essentially taken charge of the entire system. It is involved in education at every level through loans, grants, court directives, regulations, and curriculum manipulation. In 1900 it was of no concern to the federal government how local schools were run at any level.

After hundreds of billions of dollars, we have yet to see a shred of evidence that the drift toward central control over education has helped. By all measurements, the quality of education is down. There are more drugs and violence in the public schools than ever before. Discipline is impossible out of fear of lawsuits or charges of civil rights violations.

Controlled curricula have downplayed the importance of our constitutional heritage while indoctrinating our children, even in kindergarten, with environmental mythology, internationalism, and sexual liberation. Neighborhood schools in the early part of the 20th Century did not experience this kind of propaganda.

The one good result coming from our failed educational system has been the limited but important revival of the notion that parents are responsible for their children's education, not the state. We have seen literally millions of children taken from the public school system and taught at home or in private institutions in spite of the additional expense. This has helped many students and has also served to pressure the government schools into doing a better job. And the statistics show that middle-income and low-income families are the most eager to seek an alternative to the public school system.

There is no doubt that the way schools are run, how the teachers teach, and how the bills are paid is dramatically different from 100 years ago. And even though some that go through public schools do exceptionally well, there is clear evidence that the average high school graduate today is far less educated than his counterpart was in the early part of this century.

Due to the poor preparation of our high school graduates, colleges expect very little from their students, since nearly everyone gets to go to college who wants to. Public school is compulsory and college is available to almost everyone regardless of qualifications. In 1914, English composition was required in 98% of our college; today it's about one-third. Only 12% of today's colleges require mathematics be taught, where in 1914, 82% did. No college now requires literature courses. But, rest assured plenty of social-babble courses are required as we continue to dumb down our nation.

Federal funding for education grows every year, hitting $38 billion this year, $1 billion more than requested by the administration and 7% over last year. Great congressional debates occur over the size of a classroom, student and teacher testing, bilingual education, teacher's salaries, school violence, and drug usage. And it's politically incorrect to point out that all these problems are not present in the private schools. Every year there is less effort at the federal level to return education to the people, the parents, and the local school officials. For 20 years at least, some of our presidential candidates advocated abolishing the Department of Education and for the federal government to get completely out of the public education business. This year we will hear no more of that. The President got more money for education than he asked for, and it's considered not only bad manners but also political suicide to argue the case for stopping all federal government education programs. Talk of returning some control of federal programs to the state is not the same as keeping the federal government out of education as directed by the Constitution.

Of the 20 congressionally authorized functions granted by the Constitution, education is not one of them. That should be enough of a reason not to be involved, but there's no evidence of any benefit, and statistics show that great harm has resulted. It has cost us hundreds of billions of dollars, yet we continue the inexorable march toward total domination of our educational system by Washington bureaucrats and politicians. It makes no sense!

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
On Fox News, William Kristol called Ron Paul "anti-American" and said he had no chance of winning. They are really going after Ron Paul.

looks like they are getting worried. :food-snacking:

I'll post the Youtube video when I find it.

TJ

TJ

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Tech, IS, or Flex, or whomever else. I am debating with someone about Ron Paul on myspace but couldnt come up with a very good arguement against these comments. I know that he wants out of these organizations because they are unconstitutional but can you guys help me creat a better argument for Ron Paul?

LOL at being against home schooling. Sounds like the guy who posted the myspace comment is all about freedom.

:jerkoff1:

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks for the help guys, with your help and researching more on NAFT and the WTO I believe I made a compelling arguement... lets see if she can come back with anything. :2:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
On Fox News, William Kristol called Ron Paul "anti-American" and said he had no chance of winning. They are really going after Ron Paul.

looks like they are getting worried. :food-snacking:

I'll post the Youtube video when I find it.
No kidding.

In my newspaper a headline reads "Ron Paul gives Huckabee Low Blow" and during the article claims that Ron referred to Huckabee as a fascist, when he never said anything but a quote from Sinclair Lewis. Then the article goes on to smear him even more, I'll post some of it later.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
No kidding.

In my newspaper a headline reads "Ron Paul gives Huckabee Low Blow" and during the article claims that Ron referred to Huckabee as a fascist, when he never said anything but a quote from Sinclair Lewis. Then the article goes on to smear him even more, I'll post some of it later.
stories like this terrify me.

The fact that this guy even has a chance to become president scares me. Putting someone as religiously biased as Huckabee in the White House would set this country back 100 years.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Poll done by americanresearchgroup, who always has John McCain and Giuliani five times higher than he is in other polls, makes you wonder who they're polling.

IOWA - GOP

Huckabee - 23%
Romney - 21%
McCain - 17%
Giuliani - 14%
Paul - 10%
Undecided - 8%
Thompson - 3%

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Its scary that such a religious nut like Huckabee has surged ahead in the polls... like we need another one of those running our country.... :no:

Mygeeto

Mygeeto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
this Ron Paul fella sounds like a pure saint to me. is there anything negative to say about him? what's the odds he will win the election?

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
this Ron Paul fella sounds like a pure saint to me. is there anything negative to say about him? what's the odds he will win the election?

They are growing everyday, he is considered a long shot but that is because the feds, washington, and the media dont want him to win. There are too many people making too much money and maitaining power with our current fucked up situation. His changes would help many and they dont want that. But when you look at the amount of money he has raised and the amount of support without the media.. I would say his chances of winning are growing everyday. :xyxthumbs:

TJ

TJ

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

He kept a donation from a white supremicist.

:ughnoes:

Run for the hills!!

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don't know about you guys, but I would like to see the only man running that understands monetary policy in the white house. Economics should be the number one thing discussed in these debates, yet only about 15% of Americans consider it the #1 issue in this presidential election.

Monetary policy is the largest reason I support Ron Paul.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
monetary policy is too complicated for the average person to understand. I think it's also too complicated for the majority of candidates in the election, which is why they never talk about it. And since the candidates don't talk about it, most people following the race simply don't care.

just my opinion. :dunnodude:

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Whats up guys? Just got back from Iowa, it was frickin amazing! People were so receptive to Ron and his message, I feel so much better about his chances. But, its all the more reason to get more motivated to get him in office.

Before I left, the campaign offered me a job to work with them for the duration of the campaign. They offered to fly me back to Iowa (on the 27th) and then to Nevada, New Hampshire, South Carolina, and wherever else. I'm not sure but I'm leaning towards taking it, though it would probably mean missing an entire year of graduate school. Ron is the man, the guy is so smart and down to earth its amazing, someone like him isn't going to come around again for a long time.