• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Perdiction: Medical marijuana Legal coast to coast By 2021

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Weapon, I have a question for you, and you alone. (Nobody else besides weapon respond, please, I'd like to get his opinion).

Weed is a very abused chemical, but seriously, no chemical is nearly as abused as dihydrogen monoxide (DHMO) is, here are some facts about DHMO.

http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html

Dihydrogen Monoxide (DHMO) is a colorless and odorless chemical compound, also referred to by some as Dihydrogen Oxide, Hydrogen Hydroxide, Hydronium Hydroxide, or simply Hydric acid. Its basis is the highly reactive hydroxyl radical, a species shown to mutate DNA, denature proteins, disrupt cell membranes, and chemically alter critical neurotransmitters. The atomic components of DHMO are found in a number of caustic, explosive and poisonous compounds such as Sulfuric Acid, Nitroglycerine and Ethyl Alcohol.

Should I be concerned about Dihydrogen Monoxide?
Yes, you should be concerned about DHMO! Although the U.S. Government and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) do not classify Dihydrogen Monoxide as a toxic or carcinogenic substance (as it does with better known chemicals such as hydrochloric acid and benzene), DHMO is a constituent of many known toxic substances, diseases and disease-causing agents, environmental hazards and can even be lethal to humans in quantities as small as a thimbleful.

Research conducted by award-winning U.S. scientist Nathan Zohner concluded that roughly 86 percent of the population supports a ban on dihydrogen monoxide. Although his results are preliminary, Zohner believes people need to pay closer attention to the information presented to them regarding Dihydrogen Monoxide. He adds that if more people knew the truth about DHMO then studies like the one he conducted would not be necessary.

A similar study conducted by U.S. researchers Patrick K. McCluskey and Matthew Kulick also found that nearly 90 percent of the citizens participating in their study were willing to sign a petition to support an outright ban on the use of Dihydrogen Monoxide in the United States.
Why haven't I heard about Dihydrogen Monoxide before?
Good question. Historically, the dangers of DHMO, for the most part, have been considered minor and manageable. While the more significant dangers of Dihydrogen Monoxide are currently addressed by a number of agencies including FDA, FEMA and CDC, public awareness of the real and daily dangers of Dihydrogen Monoxide is lower than some think it should be.

What are some of the dangers associated with DHMO?
Each year, Dihydrogen Monoxide is a known causative component in many thousands of deaths and is a major contributor to millions upon millions of dollars in damage to property and the environment. Some of the known perils of Dihydrogen Monoxide are:
* Death due to accidental inhalation of DHMO, even in small quantities.
* Prolonged exposure to solid DHMO causes severe tissue damage.
* Excessive ingestion produces a number of unpleasant though not typically life-threatening side-effects.
* DHMO is a major component of acid rain.
* Gaseous DHMO can cause severe burns.
* Contributes to soil erosion.
* Leads to corrosion and oxidation of many metals.
* Contamination of electrical systems often causes short-circuits.
* Exposure decreases effectiveness of automobile brakes.
* Found in biopsies of pre-cancerous tumors and lesions.
* Given to vicious dogs involved in recent deadly attacks.
* Often associated with killer cyclones in the U.S. Midwest and elsewhere, and in hurricanes including deadly storms in Florida, New Orleans and other areas of the southeastern U.S.
* Thermal variations in DHMO are a suspected contributor to the El Nino weather effect.

.... this kills way more people than weed, coke, or any other drug..... should we ban it?

Big VIC

Big VIC

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
So you want people in our military to replace the liquor they drink with marijuana? It is all about personal preference. Who is to say that every person will react the exact same way to the same drug it is not logical to make that statement. i for instance do not like to smoke weed, but i prefer to drink if i am going to do any thing. I know a gentleman who prefers to snort cocaine as a recreational and social drug instead of drinking or smoking weed, but he still takes care of his family and makes over 200,000 dollars a year working for JP Morgan, and is a very intelligent person very well read. Your afraid of what will happen if drugs get legalized because all you see drug users as are the stereotypes they have been labeled with by whomever has labeled them. Sure some people react exactly how the stereotypes say they will.

The problem with stereotypes is that they take the action of the individual out of the individual and label a community of people who do the same thing as all acting a certain way, that is just not true. I will again revert to my example of bodybuilders. Sure some guys go into the gym and act arrogant and are pricks and have selfish attitudes, so therefore all bodybuilders are arrogant selfish pricks. Do you know anyone who bodybuilds and is not a selfish person? I know a guy that smokes weed every day before work( at a restaurant) and gets drunk after work, does that stop him for working 50-60 hours a week and getting promoted to manager, certainly not. In order for a stereotype to be true you can not be able to find an exception to the stereotype, and their is an exception to every stereotype which makes stereotypes an extremely useless tool to predict the actions of any group of people. Your argument is weak and as far as I am concerned defeated because your argument is based on stereotypes which i have discredited as a legitimate way of classifying an entire group of people. Stereotypes are shallow and impersonal and cannot be used as a way to predict the personal actions of an individual.

Ben Great post bro but can you change your font color please

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Weapon, I have a question for you, and you alone. (Nobody else besides weapon respond, please, I'd like to get his opinion).

Weed is a very abused chemical, but seriously, no chemical is nearly as abused as dihydrogen monoxide (DHMO) is, here are some facts about DHMO.

http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html

.... this kills way more people than weed, coke, or any other drug..... should we ban it?

how is it used?

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
how is it used?

listed right on the page

* as an industrial solvent and coolant,
* in nuclear power plants,
* by the U.S. Navy in the propulsion systems of some older vessels,
* by elite athletes to improve performance,
* in the production of Styrofoam,
* in biological and chemical weapons manufacture,
* in the development of genetically engineering crops and animals,
* as a spray-on fire suppressant and retardant,
* in so-called "family planning" or "reproductive health" clinics,
* as a major ingredient in many home-brewed bombs,
* as a byproduct of hydrocarbon combustion in furnaces and air conditioning compressor operation,
* in cult rituals,
* by the Church of Scientology on their members and their members' families (although surprisingly, many members recently have contacted DHMo_Org to vehemently deny such use),
* by both the KKK and the NAACP during rallies and marches,
* by members of Congress who are under investigation for financial corruption and inappropriate IM behavior,
* by the clientele at a number of bath houses in New York City and San Francisco,
* historically, in Hitler's death camps in Nazi Germany, and in prisons in Turkey, Serbia, Croatia, Libya, Iraq and Iran,
* in World War II prison camps in Japan, and in prisons in China, for various forms of torture,
* during many recent religious and ethnic wars in the Middle East,
* by many terrorist organizations including al Quaeda,
* in community swimming pools to maintain chemical balance,
* in day care centers, purportedly for sanitary purposes,
* by software engineers, including those producing DICOM programmer APIs and other DICOM software tools,
* by popular computer science professors, and
* in animal research laboratories, and
* in pesticide production and distribution.

What you may find surprising are some of the products and places where DHMO is used, but which for one reason or another, are not normally made part of public presentations on the dangers to the lives of our family members and friends. Among these startling uses are:

* as an additive to food products, including jarred baby food and baby formula, and even in many soups, carbonated beverages and supposedly "all-natural" fruit juices
* in cough medicines and other liquid pharmaceuticals,
* in spray-on oven cleaners,
* in shampoos, shaving creams, deodorants and numerous other bathroom products,
* in bathtub bubble products marketed to children,
* as a preservative in grocery store fresh produce sections,
* in the production of beer by all the major beer distributors,
* in the coffee available at major coffee houses in the US and abroad,
* in Formula One race cars, although its use is regulated by the Formula One Racing Commission, and
* as a target of ongoing NASA planetary and stellar research.

TJ

TJ

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Weapon, we do read your posts and we are trying to engage in a debate here. Why do you take things personal and start with all of these false fallacies? Honestly, why can't we just have a civilized debate instead of resorting to slippery slope arguments?

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Question.... was there more alcohol related crime (particularly violent ones) during prohibition, or after prohibition?

... you lose.

u cant really compare the alcohol prohibition during the 30s to legalizing drugs. there is still a public stigma vs drugs. its not socially acceptable. alcohol had already been legal for hundreds of years before it was prohibited. and as it turned out, we werent willing to give up that right. why do the same with drugs, why get the public hooked on it so to speak? isnt alcohol already a big enough social problem? why add another factor in? u cant dismiss the point that the economic costs of legalizing it would probably overrun the costs of it being illegal.

my point is simply that a free society isnt all about gorging urself in whatever u want. there are laws for a reason, to protect the public. legalizing drugs would not benefit the public, so why allow it?

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Weapon, we do read your posts and we are trying to engage in a debate here. Why do you take things personal and start with all of these false fallacies? Honestly, why can't we just have a civilized debate instead of resorting to slippery slope arguments?

I feel like less of a person every time I read weapon's posts.

dont point me out like if i have done something wrong. maybe my posts dont sound the same as if i was face to face with you, i would guarantee that you would understand. im sorry im not a computer geek and know how to type perfect so yall can understand.

so can WE have a civilized debate instead of resorting to slippery slope arguments?

plus theres 5 people coming at me at the same time so that could be another reason why no body understands, bringing up their crackhead dad and my encounter with the law when i had my AK, non of that was necessary.

P

Pain

VIP
they should be legalized. i wanna smoke alot of pot and do it legally. imagine all of our military smoking pot it be so cool. seriously drugs are good we should all get high and escape from reality.

Were you dropped on your head as an infant?

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Were you dropped on your head as an infant?

yes numerous times. weed is good for you. better than smoking and eating mcdonalds. i smoke a blunt every few hours it makes me feel good.

and if your replying to the fact that i said "imagine our military smoking weed", whats wrong with that? its ok to legalize it for civilians but not for government employees? is it fair that we get sent to different countries and get shot at and watch our brothers die, while the rest of america gets to get high all day everyday.

P

Pain

VIP
yes numerous times. weed is good for you. better than smoking and eating mcdonalds. i smoke a blunt every few hours it makes me feel good.

and if your replying to the fact that i said "imagine our military smoking weed", whats wrong with that? its ok to legalize it for civilians but not for government employees? is it fair that we get sent to different countries and get shot at and watch our brothers die, while the rest of america gets to get high all day everyday.

Unbelievable, simply unbelievable.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
P

Pain

VIP
You don't join the armed forces to get high, no matter how much shit you have to put up with.

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You don't join the armed forces to get high, no matter how much shit you have to put up with.

no go read the rest of the thread.

everyone is in favor of legalizing drugs. but an exception to the military.

do you seriously think thats fair? we get shot at while the rest of america gets high.

like everyone against me said before, "weed isnt bad, its safer than cigarettes"

so whats the big deal isnt that what you guys wanted to legalize it? or is it only for stoners?

TJ

TJ

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
no go read the rest of the thread.

everyone is in favor of legalizing drugs. but an exception to the military.

do you seriously think thats fair? we get shot at while the rest of america gets high.

like everyone against me said before, "weed isnt bad, its safer than cigarettes"

so whats the big deal isnt that what you guys wanted to legalize it? or is it only for stoners?

You're taking posts out of context, again. Alcohol is legal but it isn't like anyone can drink it at any given time. Their are restrictions when at work, driving, etc. and the same would go for weed. For example, would military personnel be happy if guys were going about the day drunk? Of course not, but alcohol is still legal. I think I speak for everyone in this thread who is for legalizing drugs that there would still be restrictions just like with alcohol.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
u cant really compare the alcohol prohibition during the 30s to legalizing drugs. there is still a public stigma vs drugs. its not socially acceptable. alcohol had already been legal for hundreds of years before it was prohibited. and as it turned out, we werent willing to give up that right. why do the same with drugs, why get the public hooked on it so to speak? isnt alcohol already a big enough social problem?

Get the public hooked? You guys really are like an anti drug propaganda. You consider alcohol a social problem?

why add another factor in? u cant dismiss the point that the economic costs of legalizing it would probably overrun the costs of it being illegal.

Yes I can, because it's nonsense. Tell me how the economic costs of legalizing drugs will be more than what they currently are now, with the "war on drugs"? Come on Bulkboy, this is just laughable.

The war on drugs costs $40 billion dollars each year (1). This isn't even counting the fact that the average state (yes, times this by 50) spends a whopping $6.25 billion dollars per year to imprison drug related criminals!

Besides the one you live in, in what fantasy world is it even remotely possible that legalizing marijuana, or even drugs at all for that matter, would result in higher economic costs?

1) http://www.drugpolicy.org/library/factsheets/economiccons/fact_economic.cfm
2) http://drugwarfacts.org/cms/?q=node/38

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You're taking posts out of context, again. Alcohol is legal but it isn't like anyone can drink it at any given time. Their are restrictions when at work, driving, etc. and the same would go for weed. For example, would military personnel be happy if guys were going about the day drunk? Of course not, but alcohol is still legal. I think I speak for everyone in this thread who is for legalizing drugs that there would still be restrictions just like with alcohol.

im not taking anything outta context. im being fucking insulted by admins and mods cauise i dont fucking agree with this legal weed bullshit. and then another VIP member bringing up my personal business taking everything off topic and that has nothing to do with what we are debating about.

TJ

TJ

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
im not taking anything outta context. im being fucking insulted by admins and mods cauise i dont fucking agree with this legal weed bullshit. and then another VIP member bringing up my personal business taking everything off topic and that has nothing to do with what we are debating about.

Did you read the rest of my post?

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Did you read the rest of my post?

yes and you know what. this is america, people do as they please right now and take advantage of everything. if we get that "freedom" of legal pot people are gonna want more and they will take advantage of it. this country has too many freedoms which is why everyone runs around doing whatever the fuck they want. drugs are already abused now imagine being legalized, its going to bring more problems and everyone is gonna want more.

americans dont understand, they think they have a right to do w.e, if you legalize weed they think its a right not a privledge.

will bring more problems, shit like that might work an other countries but not here no matter how you sugar coat it.

people here have no self control! they abuse alcohol, cigarettes, food. etc

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
yes and you know what. this is america, people do as they please right now and take advantage of everything.
Generalizing. I don't see how this applies either way as legalizing something like pot would provide income and jettison money into the economy. It would also create domestic jobs and, due to regulation and legitimate funding, likely lead to less people "taking advantage" of such situations.
theweapon said:
if we get that "freedom" of legal pot people are gonna want more and they will take advantage of it.
Speculation. And unspecific to boot.
theweapon said:
this country has too many freedoms which is why everyone runs around doing whatever the fuck they want.
Hyperbole. Generalization. Ambiguous speculation.
theweapon said:
drugs are already abused now imagine being legalized, its going to bring more problems and everyone is gonna want more.
Gross speculation. Unsupported.
theweapon said:
americans dont understand, they think they have a right to do w.e, if you legalize weed they think its a right not a privledge.
Irrelevant.
theweapn said:
will bring more problems, shit like that might work an other countries but not here no matter how you sugar coat it.
Beyond scope.
theweapon said:
people here have no self control! they abuse alcohol, cigarettes, food. etc
Simplification.