• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Phil Heath 08 vs Jay Cutler 01 (NR 2)

Who wins?

• Total voters
L

laidback

Hope he can bring this package (01) or close to it this year...

M

Mrtsoy

Where have you gone jay...He is the clear winner here to me and its a shame that his physique has gone down hill from this shredded, symmetrical, mountain of mass.

The thing that annoys me a bit is that people are so quick to hate on Jay or blame him for what progress he HAD TO MAKE in order to become Mr. Olympia, which is what every bodybuilder in the IFBB is out to achieve. The physique Jay has today(which really isn't as bad as haters make it out to be) is a result of time and time again being denied the win by the IFBB judges in favor of mass, therefore, the man only did what he has done now to win, and look he has 2 sandows... go figure :gaygay:

I found most people are so uneducated and are just out there and repeating shit w/o any basis or facts, shit like "he had genetically wide waist and obliques" shit, these pics prove otherwise and they're not exactly at his very best. If you really wanna see aesthetic cutler, try to find pics of him in his very first Mr. Olympia, which was 1999. He placed 15th, I'll try to find a pic, but safe to say, he was always very overlooked till 2001, then after that, he only tried to win, blame the fans for wanting more mass and the judges for giving into them.

B

BBspace

The thing that annoys me a bit is that people are so quick to hate on Jay or blame him for what progress he HAD TO MAKE in order to become Mr. Olympia, which is what every bodybuilder in the IFBB is out to achieve. The physique Jay has today(which really isn't as bad as haters make it out to be) is a result of time and time again being denied the win by the IFBB judges in favor of mass, therefore, the man only did what he has done now to win, and look he has 2 sandows... go figure :gaygay:

I found most people are so uneducated and are just out there and repeating shit w/o any basis or facts, shit like "he had genetically wide waist and obliques" shit, these pics prove otherwise and they're not exactly at his very best. If you really wanna see aesthetic cutler, try to find pics of him in his very first Mr. Olympia, which was 1999. He placed 15th, I'll try to find a pic, but safe to say, he was always very overlooked till 2001, then after that, he only tried to win, blame the fans for wanting more mass and the judges for giving into them.

I concur

Deathmaggot

Deathmaggot

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The physique Jay has today(which really isn't as bad as haters make it out to be) is a result of time and time again being denied the win by the IFBB judges in favor of mass, therefore, the man only did what he has done now to win, and look he has 2 sandows... go figure :gaygay:

last year at the mr o he was like 15 pounds heavier than 2001 :uhoh2::uhoh2:

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Jay wins this by a mile!! 2001 was an amazing year for Jay..

OH_Broker

OH_Broker

Jay looks fantastic in those pics, though I find it hard to believe he'll ever look like that again.

F

Flash

Jay for sure. I think that was one of his best years to bad ronnie had put him down, he looked really dry and shredded

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

:eek5nono:
First off let me say that Jay has been a huge inspiration for me, a main reason why I started bodybuilding, and I have been Team Cutler all the way the past two Olympias. Progress he had to make? Ronnie was in phenomenal shape in 2001 and Jay still almost beat him and it is a fair argument to say that Cuts was robbed of the sandow that year. When Jay finally won the olympia it was because Coleman looked his worst in years during pre-judging and had an extremely atrophied lat, and THAT my friend is why jay beat him despite the improved conditioning Big Brubba brought at the night show. And this past Olympia, Ronnie came in with multiple atrophied bodyparts and the worst conditioning we have ever seen him in and THAT, combined with politics, is why Jay Cutler is our reigning Mr. O. Ronnie was much better in 2001. Jay did not beat Ronnie because of the improvements he had made, it was because of the disintegrating physique of Ronnie Coleman. You say that Jay was denied the title because he lacked mass? Jay was denied the title because, unfortunately for him, he was going up against the best physique that bodybuilding has ever seen! You call me uneducated? Look at his 2001 physique (lines, flow, symmetry, striations, seperation, V-taper, muscularity, vascularity) and then compare it to his 2007 pics....Anyone, and I mean ANYONE who knows bodybuilding will agree that he looks better in 2001. Genetically wide waist and hips? I never said that and I dont agree with that. He does have a huge waist now but it is because he tried to put on too much mass too fast IMO. If Jay would have brought his 2001 physique to the 2007 Mr. O, now that Ronnie was off, he would have swept the competition and there would have been no debate about whether or not it was deserved.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
shredded08

shredded08

:eek5nono:
First off let me say that Jay has been a huge inspiration for me, a main reason why I started bodybuilding, and I have been Team Cutler all the way the past two Olympias. Progress he had to make? Ronnie was in phenomenal shape in 2001 and Jay still almost beat him and it is a fair argument to say that Cuts was robbed of the sandow that year. When Jay finally won the olympia it was because Coleman looked his worst in years during pre-judging and had an extremely atrophied lat, and THAT my friend is why jay beat him despite the improved conditioning Big Brubba brought at the night show. And this past Olympia, Ronnie came in with multiple atrophied bodyparts and the worst conditioning we have ever seen him in and THAT, combined with politics, is why Jay Cutler is our reigning Mr. O. Ronnie was much better in 2001. Jay did not beat Ronnie because of the improvements he had made, it was because of the disintegrating physique of Ronnie Coleman. You say that Jay was denied the title because he lacked mass? Jay was denied the title because, unfortunately for him, he was going up against the best physique that bodybuilding has ever seen! You call me uneducated? Look at his 2001 physique (lines, flow, symmetry, striations, seperation, V-taper, muscularity, vascularity) and then compare it to his 2007 pics....Anyone, and I mean ANYONE who knows bodybuilding will agree that he looks better in 2001. Genetically wide waist and hips? I never said that and I dont agree with that. He does have a huge waist now but it is because he tried to put on too much mass too fast IMO. If Jay would have brought his 2001 physique to the 2007 Mr. O, now that Ronnie was off, he would have swept the competition and there would have been no debate about whether or not it was deserved.

amen brother :xyxthumbs:

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i am not a cutler fan at all.... but he looks amazing here even with the bad quality. if jay looked like this today he would be a deserving Mr O over victor. but gotta say jay wins this easily

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Jay wins without a doubt

TheGift

TheGift

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Jay wins, he looked freakin' awesome in '01 that it was just rediculous.

JS316

JS316

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Awesome to see you back in here...Its been a while.

You'd think you'd been busy or something.:e5dunno:

Kidding...congrats on AC placing

Mygeeto

Mygeeto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Jay wins, he looked freakin' awesome in '01 that it was just rediculous.

as far as role models go Phil, which of the currently competing bodybuilders do you look up to the most and get your inspiration from, and also which of the past bodybuilders do you also look up to? and why?

TheGift

TheGift

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I get inspiration from a few guys like Dex, Jay, Ronnie, Shawn Ray, Flex, Levrone, Labrada, Haney and Gaspari. All of these guys have exhibited amazing physiques with great consistency and passion for the sport. I like to watch old olympia videos and see what was hot back then, which is what I'm trying really hard to bring back now, but with my own touch.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
I get inspiration from a few guys like Dex, Jay, Ronnie, Shawn Ray, Flex, Levrone, Labrada, Haney and Gaspari. All of these guys have exhibited amazing physiques with great consistency and passion for the sport. I like to watch old olympia videos and see what was hot back then, which is what I'm trying really hard to bring back now, but with my own touch.

Well from those guys Im sure you'll find loads of inspiration :xyxthumbs:
Judging by your progress until now and the rate of your progress you will surpass them all IMO