• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Philosopher - Microloading Madness

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Mar 22, 2007
Messages
5,778
Points
38
nice workout but

u lazy ass had a good excuse to not train abs :keke:
 
Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Joined
Jun 18, 2007
Messages
3,384
Points
38
Nice workout there mate. Strong presses.
 
Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Oct 22, 2006
Messages
4,193
Points
36
solid deads philo:) how much do u weigh?
 
philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
2,642
Points
63
W4 - D3

Squats
5x40kg
5x50kg
5x70kg
5x80kg
3x90kg
8x60kg

Bench Press
5x20kg
5x30kg
5x45kg
5x55kg
3x60kg
8x40kg

Pendlay Rows
5x20kg
5x25kg
5x30kg
5x40kg
3x55kg
8x40kg

Dips
10xbw
10xbw+20kg
10xbw

Incline Dumbell Curl
2x10x12kg
1x8x14kg

Skull Crushers
3x10x12kg

comments
Felt strong today, looking forward to upcomming weeks. Finally get some new pr's :D
 
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 7, 2007
Messages
10,145
Points
63
Awesome man! strong squats man! keep it up!
 
miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Mar 22, 2007
Messages
5,778
Points
38
good work, i see 90kg squats :gaygay:
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
h0ke

h0ke

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Dec 15, 2007
Messages
1,236
Points
36
Strong sessions philosopher! Those 90kg squats are solid. Deads looks great too.
Keep it up bro :2:
 
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Joined
Nov 12, 2006
Messages
8,129
Points
63
Sessions are looking great Philo! Keep it up, it's working.
 
philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
2,642
Points
63
Thanks for all the comments guys, really appriciate it


Todays session W5 D1

Squats
5x40kg
5x50kg
5x60kg
5x80kg
5x90kg

Bench Press
5x30kg
5x40kg
5x45kg
5x50kg
5x60kg

Pendlay row
5x30kg
5x40kg
5x45kg
5x50kg
5x60kg

Hyperextension
2x8xbw

Hnaging knee raises
4x25

Comments
Lower back still feels sore. I'm gonna see what this week will bring. If the soreness stay's or gets worse I'll stop doing the 5x5 protocol
 
The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Mar 22, 2008
Messages
896
Points
18
Nice session, especially nice in the squats.

I wouldn't stop 5x5 because of lower back DOMS. It's usually the slowest to recover as its a involved muscle in many exercises. Keep up the good work!
 
philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
2,642
Points
63
Nice session, especially nice in the squats.

I wouldn't stop 5x5 because of lower back DOMS. It's usually the slowest to recover as its a involved muscle in many exercises. Keep up the good work!

I didnt know for sure if it was DOMS because it never felt like this before. My back felt sore from last monday so it took me almost a week to recover :ughnoes: the pain also went down to my glutes. when I walked or lied still everything was ok but when I sit on a chair or something the pain became worse.
Today my back is stiff and a little bit sore but nothing like last week so I'll get this 5x5 routine to the next lever :d
 
Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 4, 2006
Messages
4,869
Points
38
Looks good philo_Old PRs are soon history.Squats are great:xyxthumbs:
 
The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Mar 22, 2008
Messages
896
Points
18
I didnt know for sure if it was DOMS because it never felt like this before. My back felt sore from last monday so it took me almost a week to recover :ughnoes: the pain also went down to my glutes. when I walked or lied still everything was ok but when I sit on a chair or something the pain became worse.
Today my back is stiff and a little bit sore but nothing like last week so I'll get this 5x5 routine to the next lever :d

I see bro.

Maybe take a week off of deadlifts, and maintain atrophy with hyperextensions only. Might just be placing too much of a stimulus there, as squats, bench presses and other lumbar stabilizing exercises place emphasis on the lower back.
 
philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
2,642
Points
63
I see bro.

Maybe take a week off of deadlifts, and maintain atrophy with hyperextensions only. Might just be placing too much of a stimulus there, as squats, bench presses and other lumbar stabilizing exercises place emphasis on the lower back.

Ive been thinking the same thing but on the other hand if it stays like this I'm happy. I'm gonna run the 5x5 cycle for 2 more weeks and than deload so I might go on and see what happens if it gets worse I'll start the dolaod right away.
Thanks for the input KM really appriciate it :xyxthumbs:
 
The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Mar 22, 2008
Messages
896
Points
18
Ive been thinking the same thing but on the other hand if it stays like this I'm happy. I'm gonna run the 5x5 cycle for 2 more weeks and than deload so I might go on and see what happens if it gets worse I'll start the dolaod right away.
Thanks for the input KM really appriciate it :xyxthumbs:

Sounds good bro. Good luck!
 
philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
2,642
Points
63
Todays workout

W5 - D2

Squats
5x40kg
5x50kg
5x60kg
5x60kg
Rockets!!

Incline Bench Press
5x30kg
5x40kg
5x50kg
5x57kg
Starting to get heavy

Deadlifts
5x60kg
5x70kg
5x80kg
2x100kg
Got a bit carried away, should have done 5x92kg but my buddy did 150kg so I didnt want to stop with two digits

Grips work
3sets x time

Abs
3x15x10kg

Comments
Overall good session, lower back feels good I wonder how it feels tomorrow.
 

Similar threads

Top