• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Pope Says Stopping Gays As Important As Saving Rainforest

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ I'm sorry for my lack of understanding, but can you update me on evidence that homosexuality is not a choice? I believe that it is a matter of self control more than anything. Everyone has urges, impulses, temptation that they can choose to act on or not act on. Just as some people have urges to execute other sins (if thats the way you look at it) I believe that these urges should be controlled. I cant tell you why God made these people gay if that is the case. My best understanding however would be that these individuals are faced with their own challenges just as the rest of us are. Of course this is just my opinion.

My apologies, I could have sworn I posted a review study in this thread. Come to think of it, I believe it was the thread which originally lead to theweapon's banning.

Quincey, V. The etiology of anomalous sexual preferences in men.Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2003 Jun;989:105-17; discussion 144-53

People discover rather than choose their sexual interests. The process of discovery typically begins before the onset of puberty and is associated with an increase in the secretion of sex hormones from the adrenal glands. However, the determinants of the direction of sexual interest, in the sense of preferences for the same or opposite sex, are earlier. These preferences, although not manifest until much later in development, appear to be caused by the neural organizational effects of intrauterine hormonal events. Variations in these hormonal events likely have several causes and two of these appear to have been identified for males. One cause is genetic and the other involves the sensitization of the maternal immune system to some aspect of the male fetus. It is presently unclear how these two causes relate to each other. The most important question for future research is whether preferences for particular-aged partners and parts of the male courtship sequence share causes similar to those of erotic gender orientation.

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
My apologies, I could have sworn I posted a review study in this thread. Come to think of it, I believe it was the thread which originally lead to theweapon's banning.

Quincey, V. The etiology of anomalous sexual preferences in men.Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2003 Jun;989:105-17; discussion 144-53

People discover rather than choose their sexual interests. The process of discovery typically begins before the onset of puberty and is associated with an increase in the secretion of sex hormones from the adrenal glands. However, the determinants of the direction of sexual interest, in the sense of preferences for the same or opposite sex, are earlier. These preferences, although not manifest until much later in development, appear to be caused by the neural organizational effects of intrauterine hormonal events. Variations in these hormonal events likely have several causes and two of these appear to have been identified for males. One cause is genetic and the other involves the sensitization of the maternal immune system to some aspect of the male fetus. It is presently unclear how these two causes relate to each other. The most important question for future research is whether preferences for particular-aged partners and parts of the male courtship sequence share causes similar to those of erotic gender orientation.

Thanks. I've never seen that before. I like to keep an open mind about stuff like this. The study doesnt seem to be an end all be all for the subject but definitely makes things more clear. I stand by my moral beliefs about the subject and believe that these individuals are faced with challenges in life regarding to sexual preference. Religious beliefs aside, I believe that men and women were meant to procreate the earth and I believe that a male and a female as a father and a mother are important roles to possess regarding children. I enjoy discussion like this and exploring others point of view, and my reason for my belief is based on morals.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
it is viewed by some to not necessarily to be a choice, but a fetish. and just as you aren't supposed to act on a necrophelyactic (spelling?) fetish, you aren't supposed to act on this one. i have heard/read of some very disturbing fetishes, such as one where the man is aroused greatly when the woman is being choked or injured. even though having this fetish isn't a choice (who the hell would chose such a thing) and is likely something they were born with (just as homosexual tendencies) it doesn't make it right. this isn't so much my view on it, but more an elaboration of what some religious individuals who vote against it feel. which they have every right to.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Not exactly on topic but gives you an idea of the research done in the area. Plus kinda interesting.
Sexual Partner Age Preferences of Homosexual and Heterosexual Men and Women
Journal Archives of Sexual Behavior
Issue Volume 29, Number 1 / February, 2000
Zebulon A. Silverthorne1 and Vernon L. Quinsey1

Abstract The sexual age preferences of 192 adults (equal groups of heterosexual men, heterosexual women, homosexual men, and homosexual women) were examined. Participants rated the sexual attractiveness of pictures of 15 male and 15 female faces arranged into five apparent average age categories ranging from 18 to 60 years. It was predicted that homosexual and heterosexual men would prefer younger partners of their preferred sex than would homosexual and heterosexual women and that age preference would not vary with participant age. Both predictions were supported, although homosexual women preferred older partners than expected. Results suggest that age and sex preferences develop independently.

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Anyone, who thinks being a homosexual is a choice shows that they do not understand what it is or has never known someone who is gay. Trust me it is NOT a choice. Maybe for some chick who was burned by too many guys and turned dike, but no man would ever want to go through what they do growing up gay. The feeling of resentment and rejection from friends and most of all family, the ridiculing and all the depression that comes from it before they come to grips and comfort when they accept it. No person would go through this willingly, I have gay people close to me and each one knew when they were kids and it was not an easy life for them growing up while trying to act normal while constantly feeling it isn't right.

Braqq wtf you talk'n bout.
Now I can completely understand how an attraction to males is not a choice hell people are different and people are raised different and people are going to be people and by that different than others. But there is a huge difference between an attraction to a member of the same gender and then sticking your dick in one. There in lies the choice to gay sex and these guys give into immoral desires of the flesh, does this make them bad people no. Do they deserve to have any less rights then the rest of us? no.
Do I have gay friends? Yes. What do I personally think of them? It's a disgusting act and they may burn in hell but that isn't my judgement.

What I am saying is the natrual desire and the will to act on that desire. What if I grow up enjoying to watch people die to poke someones eyes out with screwdrivers and just get this fucked up sexual gratification on it. I HAVE a choice to act on it or not to act on it. They had a choice and they chose to perform homosexual acts. So that arguement just doesn't fly with me.

You're still my friend :xyxthumbs:

TJ

TJ

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
But there is a huge difference between an attraction to a member of the same gender and then sticking your dick in one.

If someone is attracted to the same sex; who cares? If that person is happy then that's all that really matters.

What I am saying is the natrual desire and the will to act on that desire. What if I grow up enjoying to watch people die to poke someones eyes out with screwdrivers and just get this fucked up sexual gratification on it. I HAVE a choice to act on it or not to act on it. They had a choice and they chose to perform homosexual acts. So that arguement just doesn't fly with me.

Yea, killing people is a fair analogy.....wait, wut?

I maybe I'm wrong but being gay does not affect ethics or other people.

I do agree that everyone has a choice when it comes to anything in life. But, why should someone not be able to be happy just because "the bible says so."

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If someone is attracted to the same sex; who cares? If that person is happy then that's all that really matters.

Yea, killing people is a fair analogy.....wait, wut?

I maybe I'm wrong but being gay does not affect ethics or other people.

I do agree that everyone has a choice when it comes to anything in life. But, why should someone not be able to be happy just because "the bible says so."

It wasn't an analogy of comparison on subject but the matter of "Choice".

I don't give a shit what the gays do honestly but it be a sinful act is just my opinion and if I were a politican I would represent the collective opinions of the people I work for and not my own as it should be.

I simply only wished to destroyed the arguement the gays had no choice and they were born to screw men. :disgust:

TJ

TJ

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I

I simply only wished to destroyed the arguement the gays had no choice and they were born to screw men. :disgust:

And I do agree that, in the end, it is their choice to actually perform the sexual act. But, if there was something that makes you happy would you not do it? (assuming no conflict with ethics and what not)

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well of course TJ, but I am saying that since I do believe it is an unethical act I see it as wrong, as they do not so eh... :wutyousay:

Bhana

Bhana

What if you say pedophiles are born with an attraction for minors, does that make them any more acceptable than homosexuals?

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
TJ

TJ

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What if you say pedophiles are born with an attraction for minors, does that make them any more acceptable than homosexuals?

Ethics play a role here. I think everyone, except pedophiles, can agree that severe mental affects will take place throughout the child's life.

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Different argument.

Homosexual sex in a normal scenario provides gratification and companionship for both partners. In pedophilia, only one person is getting satisfaction, while the other (the child) is being demolished psychologically.

NOT a valid argument.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Different argument.

Homosexual sex in a normal scenario provides gratification and companionship for both partners. In pedophilia, only one person is getting satisfaction, while the other (the child) is being demolished psychologically.

NOT a valid argument.

wrong. it is valid. it is using the same basis that these people have a sexual preference that they were born with and cannot help. so just because they were born lusting after those younger and can't help it, does that make it justifiable? this is the arguement those who are basing homosexuality as something you are born with are using.

TJ

TJ

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
wrong. it is valid. it is using the same basis that these people have a sexual preference that they were born with and cannot help. so just because they were born lusting after those younger and can't help it, does that make it justifiable? this is the arguement those who are basing homosexuality as something you are born with are using.

When gays have sex it is consensual; when a older man rapes a young child it's not consensual.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Bad argument, pedophelia is illegal thus wrong not only morally but legally as well. You comparing it to homosexuality is not a valid argument because it is not illegal and only wrong morally to those that don't understand what it is... not naming names. :carduindisguise

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Braqq wtf you talk'n bout.
Now I can completely understand how an attraction to males is not a choice hell people are different and people are raised different and people are going to be people and by that different than others. But there is a huge difference between an attraction to a member of the same gender and then sticking your dick in one. There in lies the choice to gay sex and these guys give into immoral desires of the flesh, does this make them bad people no. Do they deserve to have any less rights then the rest of us? no.
Do I have gay friends? Yes. What do I personally think of them? It's a disgusting act and they may burn in hell but that isn't my judgement.

You're still my friend :xyxthumbs:

That is just it, it isn't a choice. They are not just attracted to men, that is what they are sexually attracted to naturally. There was study done that I read, homosexual men do not get physically aroused by the site of nude females or female on female. So when you say they "chose" to stick their dick in another man that is not the case. Of course it is more natural to want to sleep with a woman, but to them that is not attractive or sexually stimulating. It is something you do not understand, nor do I fully, because we are not gay. Every gay man I know, and I do know a lot have known they were gay since they can remember. It is not a choice, just because society says man must be with a woman doesn't mean that they have to do that if that is not what they feel is normal. Again, it is not a choice to them... to them it is like our choice to fuck a woman.
If they are to burn in hell because of a sexual preference then that is not a god that I want to follow and God can fuck off for all I care. I say this because the Bible along with religion is man made and Bullshit that does not represent the voice of God. It is man's way of brainwashing you all making you think what they say is right and what they say is wrong. God is supposed to love all men since we are "created in his image" so because he must have fucked during the process and you turned out gay you burn in hell? :wutyousay:

None of this is directed at you or an insult in any way or personal, just debating the points :tiphat:

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
I fuckin love anal sex.

Just to be clear... I'm so goin to hell cus I fucked a girl in the arse right?

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
lulz @ teh religious loonies