• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.

Push/Pull-routine

F

FinnGasolin

Hey guys

If one were to do a push/pull-routine, would an isolation-exercise for the hammies (eg. leg-curls) be placed on the push or pull-day?

Or should one discard the exercise, and do romanian deadlifts or deadlifts(!) on the pull-day - and only squats on the push-day?

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Leg curls would be placed on pull day.

Imo iso-exersises have their place but shouldnt be the base of a program so start of with some compounds like GM, RDL, GHR and after that get some iso work done for the pull day.

F

FinnGasolin

I hate iso exercises, but I feel that a hammie exercise is justified! But on the other hand, i would not want to squat on day 1 and use RDL's or GM's om day 2 (along with deadlifts).

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I hate iso exercises, but I feel that a hammie exercise is justified! But on the other hand, i would not want to squat on day 1 and use RDL's or GM's om day 2 (along with deadlifts).

You could try an UB/LB routine than?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Why can't they be on day 3?

F

FinnGasolin

Philo: That's what I'm doing right now :)

Tim: I don't plan on a 3-split :)

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Philo: That's what I'm doing right now :)

Tim: I don't plan on a 3-split :)

:doh:

I was meaning that you will more than likely be training 4 days per week, yes? So you don't have to use the same exercises on day 1 and day 3 (or day 2 and day 4), you could actually change them slightly. :thumbsup2:

F

FinnGasolin

TIMMMM: Aah, okay. I see :) hehe

The only problem is that I want to be able to train 5 or even 6 times a week - is the energy is there. I also put together a program that has different excercises and different rep-schemes on different days. But this push/pull-routine was just a thought - I think it could be fun :)