• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Road to the Arnold Classic 2010!!

Turkish1530

Turkish1530

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I would keep in mind that this is just one in a series of leg routines. I train in a somewhat similar manner. Notice how he paid most attention to the quads everything with a wider stance. Kai eally did not even train his hamstrings directly, but in and indirect manner his squat and every press he did work the hamstrings bc f how wide his stance was. You made a great observatioon and that was that he did not do any close stance on any machine except for the superset kai did between the wide stanc eon leg press and the clsoe stanc on the standing squat machine.To which i answer how does he do his stair master, and what other routines is this one leg routine a smaller part of, it is possible that the stances on all of these things chanes in a controlled manner to get a specific end result.

Again i train in a similar manner focus on one aspect of legs each time but still training the quad and hamstring and glutes every leg session, my form will change to put more stress on different areas of the muscles accordingly.

Great subtopic idea for this thread turk!

Thanks for the great input big ben.......As you mentioned he must focus on different areas at different times. He was going absurdly wide in all of his stances. It would be nice to hear what other ppl think....obviously nicer if he explained it!

Turkish1530

Turkish1530

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
According to the research stance width doesn't change VM vs VL recruitment. Only thing I've seen that does change their recruitment is the foot angle during leg extensions. So using a leg extension as activation with feet rotated inward would help bring out VL.

I don't understand how it couldn't affect VM vs. VL recruitment....wider stance hits medialis more, closer his lateralis more. I mess with my footing all of the time and have without a doubt felt it a lot more in my lateralis whenever I do a closer stance. Sometimes I even try to turn my toes in a bit to put more on my lateralis. A guy at the gym said it wasn't necessary to turn my toes in a bit but I think it would put more pressure on my outer sweep and also feel like it does.

I would agree with the leg extensions comment becuz I utilize that as well.

I would like to understand more about this- obviously a big priority this offseason for me is to bring my legs up overall and specifically my lateralis for quads.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Trish Warren is fucken hot. Black hair looks great with here eyes and skin. Branch is a lucky bastard... or should i say trish is the lucky one.. :greddy:

LMAO at this caption hahaha (had to go off topic a bit)

credits goes to a guy from MD

2567609-1.jpg

:49:

EPIC

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
Trish Warren is fucken hot. Black hair looks great with here eyes and skin. Branch is a lucky bastard... or should i say trish is the lucky one.. :greddy:

EPIC

dude.. I know I've said it before but..

Do you know how I know you're gay?

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i cant stop laughin at the captions.. i would rep ya but it wont let me

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
dude.. I know I've said it before but..

Do you know how I know you're gay?

You dont make the rules, Freako does and he said that its only gay if your balls touch.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don't understand how it couldn't affect VM vs. VL recruitment....wider stance hits medialis more, closer his lateralis more. I mess with my footing all of the time and have without a doubt felt it a lot more in my lateralis whenever I do a closer stance. Sometimes I even try to turn my toes in a bit to put more on my lateralis. A guy at the gym said it wasn't necessary to turn my toes in a bit but I think it would put more pressure on my outer sweep and also feel like it does.

I would agree with the leg extensions comment becuz I utilize that as well.

I would like to understand more about this- obviously a big priority this offseason for me is to bring my legs up overall and specifically my lateralis for quads.

We have had this discussion before:

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Comin_Up

You can tell kai is getin ready for the contest he barley said anything haha
and dorian laid some real knowledge on both oscar and kai with the barbell rows. :bball:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Turkish1530

Turkish1530

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks a bunch Tim!

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
thanks a bunch Tim!
You're overanalyzing squat stances far too much Dave.

As long as your stance isn't too exaggerated, you're going to hit all parts of the quads hard. Just keep doing what you're doing, and stop thinking about it so much.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
To be honest, I was a bit disappointed with Kai, for not doing the exercises like Dorian told him, I mean the speed on the negative part, on the bb rows, pullover machine, and then the deadlifts..

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Branch Warren's last leg workout before the Arnold

branch_legs_arnold-1.jpg

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Anyone here want Branch to win the Arnold? I do!!

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Anyone here want Branch to win the Arnold? I do!!

count me in aswell. always been a fan of branch. he's a blue collar worker, he's down to earth and he's got a badass physique.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
How come mecca doesn't have a Team Warren yet? He's freakily awesome!

muyfc9-1.jpg