• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Rob's Log

_ROBERTiNHO_

_ROBERTiNHO_

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 17, 2007
Messages
960
Points
16
^^:tiphat:

Floor press (dead reps)
6@bar
6@40kg
6@70kg
6@80kg
6@90kg

One handed push-ups
6@bw
6@bw
6@bw

Plate front raises
10@20kg
10@25kg
10@25kg

Db Skull crusher
6@18kg
5@18kg
6@12kg

Scarecrows
3x6@2~4kg

Trained at home, but good session.
 
X

Xiva

Banned
Joined
Oct 13, 2009
Messages
824
Points
16
Looks good champ.

What are those scarecrows?

Why do you want to do higher hip, it will simply lead to a crane deadlift -> Bad technique.
 
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 7, 2007
Messages
10,145
Points
63
Strong session at home man, strong floor presses
 
Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
Joined
Aug 2, 2008
Messages
10,697
Points
48
nice home blast Rob!

great pressing!:thumbsup2:
 
_ROBERTiNHO_

_ROBERTiNHO_

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 17, 2007
Messages
960
Points
16
Vegeta and Natzo: thanks fellas! Never had done floor press and I liked it a lot.
 
X

Xiva

Banned
Joined
Oct 13, 2009
Messages
824
Points
16
Yo rob.

Gotta say about the link, dont really trust it :) Seems like bullshit to me, and my physiotherapist friend.

Go do round backed deadlift for a while, and you'll start feeling the pain i once felt. :'(
 
_ROBERTiNHO_

_ROBERTiNHO_

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 17, 2007
Messages
960
Points
16
Yo rob.

Gotta say about the link, dont really trust it :) Seems like bullshit to me, and my physiotherapist friend.

Go do round backed deadlift for a while, and you'll start feeling the pain i once felt. :'(

I don't approve the idea of a rounded lower back either, but a high hip position with a neutral spine yes. What I wanna meant is you don't need to pull like an olympic weightlifter, it's not even good if your goal is maximum strength, so your spine shouldn't be extended, but in a neutral position.

Two different worlds:

1-Training for maximum performance:
IMG_0098-1.jpg


2-Training for whatever reason:
deadlift11-1.jpg
 
jonathan

jonathan

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
1,134
Points
36
you are correct rob I have the same opinion
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
_ROBERTiNHO_

_ROBERTiNHO_

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 17, 2007
Messages
960
Points
16
^^That's what I believe. Thanks fellas!
 
_ROBERTiNHO_

_ROBERTiNHO_

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 17, 2007
Messages
960
Points
16
5/3/1 Week 1 Day 1

Squat
warmup
5@128kg
5@136kg
5@144kg - left something in the tank

Pullup
warmup
6@bw+35kg>> have to quit, my triceps are too sore from friday's.

Rear raise
8@14kg
8@14kg
8@14kg

Abs and calves
 
_ROBERTiNHO_

_ROBERTiNHO_

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 17, 2007
Messages
960
Points
16
5/3/1 Week 1 Day 1

Squat
warmup
5@128kg
5@136kg
5@144kg - left something in the tank
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xd32b2Ez668

Pullup
warmup
6@bw+35kg>> have to quit, my triceps are too sore from friday's.

Rear raise
8@14kg
8@14kg
8@14kg

Abs and calves
 
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 7, 2007
Messages
10,145
Points
63
Hey there rob!! nice start to 5/3/1!! keep it up!!
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
1-Training for maximum performance:
IMG_0098-1.jpg

Look closely, his lower back isn't rounded... his upper back is. Pretty sure there was a deadlifting article posted on here that I saw about the rounding of the upper back.

I also don't agree with the high hip thing, deadlifting is a lot about leg drive, wheres the leg drive if your legs are basically straight?
 
_ROBERTiNHO_

_ROBERTiNHO_

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 17, 2007
Messages
960
Points
16
Look closely, his lower back isn't rounded... his upper back is. Pretty sure there was a deadlifting article posted on here that I saw about the rounding of the upper back.

I also don't agree with the high hip thing, deadlifting is a lot about leg drive, wheres the leg drive if your legs are basically straight?

Never said his lower back was rounded, but in a neutral position.

Some pretty decent pullers pull with straigth leg, like Vince Anello, Ano Turtiainen, Jeremy Hartman and others.

When you're deadlifting you're trying to lift the weigth, only that, it's not a pre-position where you're adjusting yourself to fit under the bar like a clean.
 
_ROBERTiNHO_

_ROBERTiNHO_

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 17, 2007
Messages
960
Points
16
5/3/1 Week 1 Day 2

Bench
warmup
5@90kg
5@96kg
5@102kg>>>triceps still sore from friday's, but a PR!!!

Incline BB press
6@70kg
6@70kg
5@70kg

Laterals
6@18kg
6@18kg
6@18kg

Wrist cable curl
6@65kg
6@65kg
20@40kg

Lateral Rotation (cable)
3x10@10kg
 
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 7, 2007
Messages
10,145
Points
63
Solid session man! nice bench!
 
Top