• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Rocky's Log - King of the Jim

Turkish1530

Turkish1530

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
whats up animal, i see ur still crushing the weights and slamming more PB's..... ur strength really suprises me given that u r lean and just toss around crazy weights, keep it up rock

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
UPDATES ROCKO!!!

one of the best logs in here, u gotta keep it alive man:)

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Turkish - Thanks man although I've been on a bit of a decline lately on the main exercises due to my back problems.

Bulky - Thanks for the words buddy. Although there's a reason for not posting - I hadn't trained for nearly a week. I went in today.

My back has been gicing me problems still. I have never had such consistent problems with my back before ever. It's not agony or anything it's just a constant sort of dull throb which comes and goes - doing moves which stretch out my back are fine but as soon as I do anything which means picking up heavy weight or having heavy weight on my shoulders it's moves that copmpress the spine which give me problems. Unfortunately that means I have probs with:

Squats
Deads
Militarys
Rows
Standing Calf Raises

Basically the main moves - awesome! :(

Well I went in today cos I can't be off for more than this at one time and it went like so:

Smith Squat
60kg (135lb) x 10
90kg (200lb) x 5
125kg (275lb) x 10 - no way I was getting 20 reps as planned. Could feel my back wouldn't take it - and in all honesty it felt much harder than the 120kg for 20 of last time!

GIANT SET: Seated Clalf Raise/Leg Ex/Leg Curl

Seated Calf Raise
140kg (310lb) x 15
200kg (44lb) x 12
245kg (540lb) x 6
245kg (540lb) x 6

Leg Ex
90kg (200lb) x 10
Single Leg
60kg (135lb) x 8 - P.B.
62.5kg (140lb) x 8 - P.B.

Seated Leg Curl
80kg (180lb) x 10
102.5kg (225lb) x 10
102.5kg (225lb) x 10

ROTATOR CUFF WORK

Standing Military
45kg (100lb) x 10
65kg (145lb) x 5
65kg (145lb) x 5 - could feel the pressure on my back.

Seated DB Military
25kg (50lb) x 10
32.5kg (70lb) x 5 :no:
32.5kg (70lb) x 5 :no:

Lying Cable Upright Row
80kg (180lb) x 10
102.5kg (225lb) x 8
102.5kg (225lb) x 8

Lying Cable Curls
55kg (120lb) x 10
75kg (165lb) x 8 - P.B.
77.5kg (170lb) x 6 - P.B. - feel good less pressure on my back and harder cos of the strict form of keeping the back against the floor so can't swing at all.

DB CC's
20kg (45lb) x 8
17.5kg (40lb) x 8

Seated Chest Press
65kg (145lb) x 10
87.5kg (195lb) x 6 - P.B.
90kg (200lb) x 2 - P.B. - really can't get over how hard this machine is!!

And that was it. Motivation is at a low becasue of how restricted my training is which means I'm not putting into it what I should and not getting out of it even less than that. I might not bother posting my log until my back is sorted out. I've got some physio sessions booked so I'm hoping it will have the desired effect. I've got some time off work in a couple of days too and was hoping to hit the gym more frequently because of it but that ain't gonna happen.

Oh well.

pGhi

pGhi

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Whoa! Those numbers are high! powerful!

T

Tunen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Dude if you're having trouble military-pressing it could be serious :( There may be leaking of intra-discus fluid caused by some kind of crooked compression. I'd recommend shying away from all moves putting weight through you spine for a couple of weeks at least. There's no way around it as I see it, as the leak may get more severe and even result in a prolapse. Rely on machines for a while dood.

SiCK

SiCK

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Rocky, any pic updates? Have you improved since you took that pic in your avatar?

Turkish1530

Turkish1530

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Rocky, any pic updates? Have you improved since you took that pic in your avatar?

i'm sure rock has made substancial improvments since that pic :tiphat: (sum new pics would be awesome), every session (just like the one above) he is always getting PB's like a dam animal.....i have never seen ne1 crush as many Pb's as he does, it's just mind boggaling :ughnoes::xyxthumbs:
nice session btw rock u keep em coming!!

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
sucks about ur back man.....get it checked before it gets worse!nice pb's man!

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well your a soldier for sticking it out, hope you get your back checked soon bro. If its something potentially serious like what Tunen mentioned... its best to catch it before its very serious... do what us bodybuilders hate.. go to the doctor.
Other then that your workout looked good. Sucks not being able to do the major compound lifts but you still got a good workout in.

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
hope u get your back straightn out bro!

but still nice session,

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
J

jesse1982

Been a great log. Sorry about your situation. Get some rest.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks for the words of support fellas. Well I had my first physio appointment today which basically consisted of an assessment and then some specific massage and spine manipulation. Hopefully it will do the trick. Might brave the gym tomorrow and do some non aggravating exercises.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
DB CC"s are the shit!
i use 35s and pause at the top, and try my hardest to flex
man, im glad you use those ROCKO

T

Tunen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks for the words of support fellas. Well I had my first physio appointment today which basically consisted of an assessment and then some specific massage and spine manipulation. Hopefully it will do the trick. Might brave the gym tomorrow and do some non aggravating exercises.

It's not gonna do it. You need rest...

Turkish1530

Turkish1530

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

u just get better soon rock :gaygay:

Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
You told me to come post, so here I am :D

Back problems are the pits, aren't they? Good luck with your physical therapy as we call it. I stopped going to mine...I think they're mostly full of shit. They work for some people though, not to mention that back problems often sort themselves out given enough time. I hope that it does work for you, though!

How's the chest doing these days? I see the PBs on the seated press...

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hypo - Thanks man. I try to change my bi work a lot!

Tunen - You are probably right, although my back actually does feel a little better today I think, I say that purely because it wasn't at all aggravated at the gym today although I laid off all deads and rowing moves so that probably helped. I'm just gonna persist with the physio (seeing as it is free for me!) and reduce training days and exercises and weight until sorted out. I got some time off work for a few days after tonught again which will hopefully as my back won't be aggravated by the body armour. As always, thanks for the words of advice buddy!

Turkish - Thanks mate, I'm trying!! :)

Glex - Thanks for posting mate. I'm hoping the physio will do the trick - it's not costing me anything so I may aswell give it a chance. Chest work was/is going ok. It's not as full blown as it was cos of the back but I hit 265lb for a couple of resp today, but am not pushing to hit my 315lb max again yet.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well I got back in the gym again for a non-back-aggravating session which meant the following:

Seated Leg press
Worked up to 450lb for 30 reps - legs were wobly after that!

Seated Calf Raise
No back issues doing it this way

Leg Ex & Leg Curl Superset
Quads were well pumped by now

GIANT SET - B/Over lateral Raises/Side DB Raises/Front DB Raises
All the heads of the delts without the compressing effects of the press - miss the press though :(

Seated Incline DB Curls
Main sets with 55lbs for reps

Drag Curls

And all done in 40 mins which I was pleased about. Miss doing the big exercises but this way is much better for my back and better something than nothing.
Next physio session on Thursday then back in the gym Friday.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well at least your not aggrivating your back and still hittin it as hard as you can. Props bro