• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Rocky's Log - King of the Jim

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
looks good rocky! let that back heal out and than hit it like a mofo :)

knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
good your keeping in touch and working around those injuries........how do you like those drag curls?

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks fellas. I'm hoping that not doing the big lifts isn't reducing my strength as much as I suspect it has (as it usually does) but my back is feeling better but I'm not gonna jump back in too soon. Got chest/back and tris on Fri but I'll stick to not doing row and deads to play safea again.

kr - I don't mind the drag curls, I've done them a few times before. To be honest I was gonna do lygin cable curls for strictness and ease on the back but some other guy was hogging it!

Turkish1530

Turkish1530

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
keep the pressure off that back and keep stimulating those muscles bro :tiphat:

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
u could focus more on the pull movements now that u cant hit any rows.different grips to hit diff parts of the lat.Extra width never hurt nobody!hope u recover soon

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
kr - I don't mind the drag curls, I've done them a few times before. To be honest I was gonna do lygin cable curls for strictness and ease on the back but some other guy was hogging it!

Flex dem guns and kick him off! haha jk. Both exercises are great so either way I am sure you got a good workout. I can tell your itching for some heavy lifting, just keep doing what your doing till your ready :xyxthumbs:

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Turk - Thanks man. I'm doing what I can. Miss doing the heavy lifts though!

Prince - I'm doing exactly that - a lot of pulldown and chinning moves so as to get some stimulation in the abscence of the deads and rows!

Braaq - You're right I miss my deads and squats and military presses. But hopefully I'll be back at them soon and won't have lost too much styrength!

Well I had another physio session yesterday, it would appear that my spine is actually naturally quite flat so the joints are directly over each other rather than having the natural curve that most people have in their spine which may be why pressing movements aggravate it because the load pushes right down on it.

Tunen - I suggested the theory about the fluid in the spine being pressed out to him and he said it's a possibility but believes it may be more to the consistent pressue being loaded on the spine forcing the cartilege between the joints to rub together and aggravate them. Either way it seems I'll be laying off the presses for a bit - that said, I think he'll want me to have a go at those moves quite soon to see how much of an effect it is having.

Anyway, Chest back and bis today. Decided to superset between exercises for each muscle group to speed the session up and make use of the theory that states that strength actually improves when working the antagonistic muscle between exercises. Here it was:

Decline Bench
Did a few sets, working up to a PB of 285lbs.

Lat Pulldown
Up to a max set of 225lb for 12 reps (full stack :( )

Incline DB Press
Still stuck on the 95lb's for a few reps :no:

Wide Grip Chins
3 sets up to using 45lb for a few reps

Dips
Main sets using 135lb hanging off me for a few reps

Prone Bent Over Row
Laid on an incline bench and used the EZ bar - kept very light weight and did 135lb for several reps just to test the water

Rope Pressdowns
Up to a PB of 190lb for 8 reps

Seated Single Leg Press
Up to a max of 365lb for 4 reps.

And that was it. Done in an hour so felt pretty good. Glad my bench doesn't seem to have suffered with my back,although my DB incline is always shit.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
u call 95's for incline shit?ur strong like a ox man!u could also try incline bench dumbell rows like jay and markus ruhl do them....no strain on back!!!

T

Tunen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Those pull-downs and dips are HOT! :gaygay:

The physicists theory sounds plausible. Dunno which scenario is better for you though :no: It sure does suck ass. Go with intense Voltaren+ibuprofen treatment. I'd suggest above 1 gram of ibu every day for a week or two. And go ballistic with the voltaren gel :ihavesandinmyvagina

Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
that session was= strong, like always you impress us all. everything looks good props

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Great session as always :xyxthumbs:

Turkish1530

Turkish1530

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
as always a solid session rocko, 285 on the decline..., maxing out the pulldowns..., overall an awesome workout session :ughnoes::tiphat:

pGhi

pGhi

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Whoa! And BTW those incline presses aint so bad!

knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
nice tough session, hope those injuries are coming good

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
sorry to hear about the back bro, hopefully itll heal up soon enough and you can get back to basics again=D im glad to see ur not slacking and still going in there to stimulate, decline bench is superb and so are the pulldowns:)

great job rock!

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Prince - Thanks man. Glad the benching hasn't suffered too much with my back. I'll have to give those rows a try!!

Tunen - Cheers buddy. Yeah, I'll have to stock up on the ibuprofen. I've already got some of that gel from last trip to docs - good excuse to get Ria to massage it in! :gaygay:

Max - Thanks man. I keep trying!!

Philo - Thanks. Doing my best in the face of adversity! :)

Turkish - Yeah my benching while never great anyway has not really suffered with my back playing up which is a bonus! Just wish my incline DB would improve!!

Peghi - Cheers mate. The thing is while my BB bench has been steadily improving the DB incline has been stuck around that weight and reps for ages.

kr - Thanks man. The back is easing off slowly over the days, but I'm trying to keep the pressure off it until all is well, then I'm going to have to keep my head and add the weight gradually when I get back into the big lifts instead of jumping right in as usual.

Bulkboy - Thanks for the words. Yeah got to keep training around the injury or I'll become really weak if I have a lay off! Doing what I can!!

Thanks everyone for the support and words of advice as usual!

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well another session today. Was hoping to give front squats a crack as my back had felt pretty good yesterday but this morning it had that all too familiar dull ache, so rather than risk anything even with a light set I resorted to the leg press again! :disgust:

Single Leg Press
Worked up to a set at 165kg (365lb) and then a burn set of 30 reps at 450lb (both legs together)

Seated Calf Press
Full stack of 450lb for 3 sets.

Superset leg ex and leg curl full stack for both exercises for 3 sets

In the absence of deads and lunges thought I'd do some abductor moves for a laugh.

Inner and outer abductor machine superset
Full stack of 225lb for 2 sets of 12

Rotator Cuff Work

Giant set: B/Over Raises/Side Laterals/Front Raises
Worked up to main set of 40lb for sets of 10

Incline Hanging Spider Curl
Worked up to main set of 85lb - really hard with arms hanging.

Lying Cable Curl
Worked up to main set of 180lb for 6 - great exercise. Strict form cos of back against floor and constant tension throughout the movement.

Seated Chest Press
Up to a main set of 205lb. - I know one reason why this machine is so hard - the handles start right back so it's like starting your bench with the bar on your chest and not having a chance to adjust to the weight.

Anyway - 12 exercises and done in 55 mins so pretty pleased. Really can't wait to get back to the big lifts and presses though. Hope it isn't too long!

I'll start writing my log up properly with weight, reps and sets when I'm training back to normal again.

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
glad to see ur getting in there and doing ur thing rock, it looks good, boatload of exercises and finished in a short amount of time. dont worry, as long as u keep this up ur not gonna lose any muscle thats for sure. leg press is strong, and those are gonna maintain the quads for sure, hell squats isnt the end of all leg training. dorian yates actually prefered leg press over squats:) i know what u mean about the chest press, cuz we have the same thing where i train, 70 kg is fucking brutal. i feel like a retard sitting there lol:D

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
good session man!by doing so many single leg press u will def c a improvement when it comes to squats!!may i ask why u are doin the chest movement?

knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
heal up already! lol, nah take your time and let my delts catch up to your ultra capped size