• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Rocky's Log - King of the Jim

redtiger21

redtiger21

Sounds great! I have no idea what half of those exercises are but i can't believe how much you lift!! Wow! And i'm REALLY glad you're back's good xxx

Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
^^ Yeah, he's a stud :gaygay:

You're doing C&J's with a bad back? :ughnoes: Careful man! You know what's going on with you better but that sounds iffy.

Great stuff considering you're still working around your back :2:

knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
great new sessions rocky, carving it up!

T

Tunen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nice session. 120kg front-squats ain't shabby. Do you do those in the Smith machine as well?

For rows, you could do chest-supported barbell rows in stead of bent over.

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
fucking insane lunging there man, and im real glad ur back is feeling better again, would be fucked if this log went to hell cuz of a fucking injury. btw u do those smith militaries seated or standing?

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Glex _Yeah I was being careful but needed to see how different exercises affect me for going back for my last physio session this week. I don't wanna be laid up any more so I'm gonna watch out!

Tunen - Yep fronts in the smith - no choice! Stupid poorly equipped gym! :no: I did chest supported rows last time but the seat is quite awkward to set up and get a decent ROM with what they have there. Perhaps I'll persevere tomorrow and try again.

Bulky Smith presses are seated - I'd bang the top of the rack before pushing high enough otherwise! :)

Thanks everyone for your continued support. Back in the gym tomorrow for Chest/Back & Tris!

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
rooockyyyy wanna see your next workout man!!! :keke:

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
hello beautiful, still strong as ever i see. seated calf raise was the highlight in that workout. 240kg :O:O:O

very nice all round. stay healthy bud :)

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Pickle!! Thanks for posting man. Where have you been. :no:

Well another day another session. Back felt a little bit tight today so was careful about what I did:

BB Decline
60kg (135lb) x 10
90kg (200lb) x 10
120kg (265lb) x 3
120kg (265lb) x 3
120kg (265lb) x 3
120kg (265lb) x 3
120kg (265lb) x 2 :disgust: didn't want to risk last rep without a spotter.

DB Incline
35kg (82lb) x 10
42.5kg (95lb) x 5
42.5kg (95lb) x 3.5 - couldn't quite get the last one. :no: I've been off creatine for a bit now which may be affecting my strength but incline DB is just always a weak point for me!

Lying DB Pullovers
37.5kg (85lb) x 12
45kg (100lb) x 12

W/G Pullups
w/20kg (45lb) x 8
w/22.5kg (50lb) x 3 then bodyweight to failure

Romanian DL
80kg (180lb) x 10 - could feel a little compression in spine
100kg (220lb) x 10
120kg (265lb) x 8
140kg (310lb) x 8 - seemed to get easier as the weight went up.

Prone Chest Supported B/Over Row
50kg (110lb) x 10
70kg (155lb) x 8
70kg (155lb) x 8

Dips
w/25kg (55lb) x 10
w/60kg (135lb) x 4?! :no: Legs were really trembling.
w/60kg (135lb) x 6 bit better

Lat Pulldown
80kg (180lb) x 10
102.5kg (225lb) (stack) x 8
102.5kg (225lb) (stack) x 8

SUPERSET WITH

Rope Pushdowns
65kg (145lb) x 10
87.5kg (195lb) x 6 - P.B.
87.5kg (195lb) x 6

Seated Leg Press
150kg (330lb) x 12
Single Leg
120kg (265lb) x 8
165kg (365lb) x 6 - P.B.

And that was it. Took about 65-70 mins. When doing the deads I used alternate grip and when I swapped it to left palm facing forward and right palm facing back it seemed to hurt my left back a little more?!

Anyway, back feels ok still, don't think the stiffness was anything more than it being earlier in the day than usual for my session!

pGhi

pGhi

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nice numbers in there! its hard to give your best without spotter :ugh:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
good workout as always man!that's what i like about u......consistency!

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
awesome decline presses rocky:) ur dips are insane!!! are we talking parallell bar dips or between two benches here?

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
pghi - Thanks man. Yeah I really miss having a training partner!

prince - I try to keep consistent, in trying tup the weight or reps a little each time which has been hard with the back but hopefully I'll start pushing up again now.

Bulky - They be parallel bar dips. I gave up on bench dips cos I was using 100+kg and it was getting too awkward to get in and out of position.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Damn bro, crazy workout with some nice numbers! Your back must be doing fine if your doing RDLs with 310 lbs!
Also, what the worst that can happen without a spotter? :keke:

T

Tunen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Damn bro, crazy workout with some nice numbers! Your back must be doing fine if your doing RDLs with 310 lbs!
Also, what the worst that can happen without a spotter? :keke:

beheading? :ughnoes:

Rock>> Those dips are very handsome in deed. But that was expected. And good to see you're doing the chest-supported rows as we discussed. I don't get the Romanian deads though :e5dunno: Isn't that pushing it a little dude?

knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
another good session, but yeah must voice the concern about the RDL's, you were injured not less han a week ago were you not? be safe rocko, we'd hate for you to bust a disk

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks for the words of support fellas. Just a point about the RDL's. I know it does seem a little premature but I am using less weight then I sued to do for all the rowing, deading, squatting and military moves and am doing it deliberately as my physio suggested incorprating them in the sessions this week before my final (free) session with him this Friday to see if and how much it aggravates my back so we know whether I need more work and simply if it is going to be a continuing problem. I am wary about it myself, and if my back does not feel right then I won't be doing them - simple as! I'll be monitoring how my back feels every session and will be mainly doing pyramid sets rather than warm ups then BAM main sets so I can guage better whether my back is up to it from set to set.

T

Tunen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sounds reasonable. Wouldn't trust anyone with my spine though. I burned my fingers :angrydude: Hope he knows what he's doing. But what the hell - in the end of the day it all comes down to your own judgment which is reassuring. You'll be fine dude :2:

D

Dstan

best of luck to you on that whole back issue hopefully everything will be fine.

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Even with this on the table you've been turning out straight wars as usual, Rocky. I hope everything goes well on your evaluation:ughfingers: