• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Team Victor Open For Business

Big VIC

Big VIC

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
um i would like to join

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Putting a thong on and walking on stage? Way to simply and condescend the sport. As for mental strength and will power, it could go either way and that depends on your own personal character. The fact that Victor did gain strength from it says something about him.

You know very well that I wasnt trying to condescend the sport, i was simply trying to get a point across, 90 days in jail are NOT gonna have a dramatic effect on an already aspiering bodybuilding career. i dont understand how you can actually believe that, and what does it say about him? he sold steroids, got caught for it, served 90 days (which is nothing) in jail, and got out and started training again, i dont understand why you are trying to use this to turn him into this magnificent character, who against all odds prevailed during hardship, just cuz he served a sentence and got out and continiued with his life.

All bodybuilders take steroids, which is against the law here in the US. So is Victor's character tarnished to you only because he was caught? We can't define people on what they get away with and what they don't.

from what I've read about it he was also caught selling X, that is a real drug, and a very dangerous one who could fuck up peoples life. in my mind thats wrong, and it does say something about one's character when your willing to put other peoples life on the line for your own personal profit. The fact that the cops actually did show interesst for this case also say something about the seriousness of it, this was some heavy pushing, his original sentence was also alot longer, so how did he reduce it you think? now thats just great, a drug dealing snitching mr O, how great is that. he deserved his punishment for sure, if u cant do the time, dont do the crime...

It's something I brought up to prove a point about the American legal system. Do you really think steroids should be labeled as a class C narcotic? I hope not and whether or not the public does doesn't really matter because they will never accept steroids nor bodybuilding so the point of grouping it together with other drugs (which you inadvertently did) is a moot point.

no i dont think steroids should be labeled as a class c narcotic, but thats not relevant. in my mind there is a distinct difference between using them for your own purposes and selling them to others. he crossed that line and needs to deal with the consequeses.

Not rly (other than Michael Bay).

yeah right:eek5nono: not that it matters anyway...

See the point I made below this one.

The mainstream doesn't even know what the Mr. Olympia contest is let alone anything about the actual champion.

i dont see ur point here? exactly because of this fact we should be interessted in having a mr o who is outspoken and who can represent the sport and make it more recognized among the mainstream.

Complete opinion.

maybe so, u know, but a very valid one u know, and i think alot of people will agree with me u know that he's really not a very interessting character u know;)

No, this was made because a lot of people have been PMing me asking for a Team Victor banner. The opening post was meant to be light-hearted and a joke. Did I know Ronnie wasn't going to win? No. I've had my Team Uppercut banner above my name for weeks now because I believe Melvin is just as much of a legit contender as others and I enjoy his personality, or at least what he lets us see of it. I don't think it's any secret that I'll be a member of Team Coleman for life and have posted more times on this and other boards than you'd ever realize in defense of him and his wins in 2004 and especially 2005. Anyone who has been a member here for more than two weeks knows I'm a big supporter of Ronnie and think he's the greatest bodybuilder of all time.

I know uve had the uppercut banner on u for weeks now, and my response wasnt really aimed directly at you but against all jay and ronnie fans considering to jump ship right then and there, cuz they saw their man wasnt gonna pull it off. I know ure a big fan of ronnie, dont worry about that:2:

A guy they know nothing about? Speculation.

not really, i dont think alot of people on here knows alot about victor, victor came sailing up this year as a legit contender, the previous years he's kinda been in the shadow of jay and ronnie, atleast i havent seen much videos or read much about him.

I'm pretty sure myself and others nearly coming to tears during his routine and speech qualify us as perennial fans of Ronnie.

for sure, i guess i was just expecting somewhat more from ronnie fans than jumping over to victor during ronnies last appearance on the olympia stage...

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
team victor baby!!

T

Tunen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ronnies fans may view Victor as the rightful heir to Ronnies throne. I, for one, view Vic as being kind of a Ronnie-protege. Vic being celebrated as being the best bodybuilder in the world I reckon would represent Ronnies opinion and appeal to Ronnies fans. As Ronnie is no longer active on the Olympia stage, I see no problem in them supporting the new blood - especially when it is Vic we're talking about.
That former Team Cutler members cross over just portrays their objectivity in my opinion :2:

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
You know very well that I wasnt trying to condescend the sport, i was simply trying to get a point across, 90 days in jail are NOT gonna have a dramatic effect on an already aspiering bodybuilding career. i dont understand how you can actually believe that, and what does it say about him? he sold steroids, got caught for it, served 90 days (which is nothing) in jail, and got out and started training again, i dont understand why you are trying to use this to turn him into this magnificent character, who against all odds prevailed during hardship, just cuz he served a sentence and got out and continiued with his life.
Earlier you said, "Mentally I think such an experience will only serve to increase your will power..." and I was stating that it really depends on the person's character. We don't really know what he was thinking in jail or what his outlook on his profession was throughout his sentence. I'm not making him out to a saint by any means but you've been questioning his character throughout the entire thread and I'm saying it takes the right kind of person to come out and move on with their life in a positive direction.
from what I've read about it he was also caught selling X, that is a real drug, and a very dangerous one who could fuck up peoples life. in my mind thats wrong, and it does say something about one's character when your willing to put other peoples life on the line for your own personal profit.
Source? Also, in America you're innocent until proven guilty and I don't believe he was convicted for selling ecstasy.
The fact that the cops actually did show interesst for this case also say something about the seriousness of it, this was some heavy pushing, his original sentence was also alot longer, so how did he reduce it you think? now thats just great, a drug dealing snitching mr O, how great is that. he deserved his punishment for sure, if u cant do the time, dont do the crime...
Victor got caught and served his time. He followed the procedures of the American Judicial System and had his sentence reduced. Steroids are a hot topic these days and in the American media are being promoted as a hardcore drug and it's been garnering more attention than designer drugs as of late. There are things I'm not at liberty to say about certain athletes in bodybuilding, knowledge I've accrued from very close sources and let's just say many of the bodybuilders (in no way am I mentioning specific names or deeds) we look up to aren't the best of people. Just because Victor was caught doesn't make him any worse a person than those who haven't. Suppose that you and I both sell drugs and I get caught and you do not does that make you an ethically superior person? No, it just makes you a better drug dealer.
no i dont think steroids should be labeled as a class c narcotic, but thats not relevant. in my mind there is a distinct difference between using them for your own purposes and selling them to others. he crossed that line and needs to deal with the consequeses.
If people are using them that means someone has to be selling them. See my above point as well.
yeah right:eek5nono: not that it matters anyway...
Too often people hate public figures for reasons only portrayed in the media. Sometimes it's jealously, sometimes it's disdain for their occupation or public image but to truly dislike or hate someone without knowing them. For instance, people hate Paris Hilton because she's an obnoxious billionaire who will never have to work a day in her life. I guarantee you that many of us would behave similarly with that kind of money. Trust me, I've dated a girl in the upper 0.5% of American income and it's an incredibly different lifestyle with different rules.
i dont see ur point here? exactly because of this fact we should be interessted in having a mr o who is outspoken and who can represent the sport and make it more recognized among the mainstream.
My point was clear: bodybuilding won't be mainstream and the only thing Mr. Olympia is representing are things that speak to fans; not the public.
maybe so, u know, but a very valid one u know, and i think alot of people will agree with me u know that he's really not a very interessting character u know;)
It's hard to say whether he's interesting or not because we haven't been exposed to him nearly as much as Ronnie, Jay, or others.
I know uve had the uppercut banner on u for weeks now, and my response wasnt really aimed directly at you but against all jay and ronnie fans considering to jump ship right then and there, cuz they saw their man wasnt gonna pull it off. I know ure a big fan of ronnie, dont worry about that:2:
Fair enough, and like I said the initial post was made in jest and just a way to introduce a new banner that I made and Pain had worked on for awhile now to MM. It wasn't really intended to make people change who their favorites are, just give them another team option.
not really, i dont think alot of people on here knows alot about victor, victor came sailing up this year as a legit contender, the previous years he's kinda been in the shadow of jay and ronnie, atleast i havent seen much videos or read much about him.
I agree to an extent but because, as I've mentioned, he doesn't get the exposure of others. Still, I feel he's been around long enough that people have become fans of his based on things outside his physique.

Oh, and Tunen made a good post as well.

mexiFRO

mexiFRO

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'll stay Loyal until a Team Big Bad Wolf is open for business :D

Team Wolf is open now

Can anyone tell me how to join Team Victor? Or am I just that blind that I can't see it in the CP?

Last edited by a moderator:
Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Team Wolf is open now

Can anyone tell me how to join Team Victor? Or am I just that blind that I can't see it in the CP?
One of the Admins have to do it. I've tried adding you twice and for some reason it hasn't come up despite being marked in your user options. Maybe it's a lack of posts or something but I'll try again. :dunnodude:

Last edited by a moderator:
mexiFRO

mexiFRO

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks, I appreciate it. Time to post whore away!

mexiFRO

mexiFRO

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ah, there it goes!! Team Victor FTW!!

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
PrizeFighteR

PrizeFighteR

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i'd like to join team victor!

steve_c

steve_c

Definitely a ronnie fan, but in his retirement I'd like to join team Vic

P

Pain

VIP
One of the Admins have to do it. I've tried adding you twice and for some reason it hasn't come up despite being marked in your user options. Maybe it's a lack of posts or something but I'll try again. :dunnodude:

Team banners only display once a member reaches 10 posts.

House Of Pain

House Of Pain

I want in... go Victor, next years champ.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
You're in, playa.

nigster

nigster

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Let's try if this works...

edit. Nope. Why I'm not in?

PrizeFighteR

PrizeFighteR

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I added you but I believe you need 10+ posts for it to show up.

Ok cool. I have been lurking for a while..going to start posting more though.