• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

The Best Back in History

M

MUSCOSTAR

Banned
Coleman without a doubt, Dorian is very impressive, especially his thick rhomboids, however from 2003 to 2005, Coleman had the most complete back package, no Yates, no Cutler, No Oliva in this story, the complete package is incredible upper and inner back, thick rhomboids, extremly wide lats, plus (This is very important) TRAPEZIUS, this create the most complete back. Ronnie had incredible details in his back during 1998 to 2002

Canabalistic Turnip

Canabalistic Turnip

^^ Don't count out sergio

I know its hard to come by photos in his peak but ask anyone back then who follows the sport to this day. Sergio was in a class of his own.

Mythxf0 1

Canabalistic Turnip

Canabalistic Turnip

I wish I could find this as a large pic

So32 1

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Attachments

• Flex Wheeler-5.jpg
    Flex Wheeler-5.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 143
  • Flex Wheeler-8.jpg
    Flex Wheeler-8.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 168
Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
mvsf1 said:
In terms of simmetry and great lines... HELL YEAH. But... you need all of that plus HUGE size.

so Flex Wheeler wasn't HUGE!!

meh, I prefer his physique over anybody elses that has been posted so my vote is for Flex.

Light weight

Light weight

Paulie said:
2006olympia mf249 1

:io: :io: :io:

The name of the thread is "The best back of history", not the best back of one show... :bowroflarms:

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Flex Wheeler did have an amazing back, ill pick his over yates and ronnie any day :e5dunno:

M

MUSCOSTAR

Banned
oh my God, Flex Wheeler (Flex Wheeler did not have the huge size Ronnie displayed at 1998 Mr. Olympia and 1999 edition, final result Knock out for Flex Wheeler), Sergio Oliva pic is really impresive he was far beyond all competitors from 70's surpassing everyone, but the same thing, the COMPLETE PACKAGE is the property of a black man called RONNIE COLEMAN his 1998 to 2001 was impressive, fullo details and wide lats not surpassing Dorian Yates lats but with more details, when 2002 came for Ronnie and his horrible shape he was so focused on his back that he displayed a terrible, freaky and out of this world back, all the complex was outstanding, trapezius, width lats more than Yates, rhomboids, inner and upper back with full details, all of this till 2005 where he began to lose size in favour of Jay Cutler details, I say details, because Jay DOES NOT have the complete package, he must train for 10 years in order to get Ronnie Coleman TRAPS-BACK complex style

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Tweak said:
so Flex Wheeler wasn't HUGE!!

meh, I prefer his physique over anybody elses that has been posted so my vote is for Flex.

Wait wait wait... don't get me wrong.. FLex was spectacular and huge, one of the best phisiques ever BUT nowadays, I can see at least 4 or 5 fives guys wider than Flex... that's what I was trying to say. It's not all about size, yes, but you must have ALL (definition, thickness, widthness) to have the best back ever.

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Flex Wheeler did have a excellent combination of definition, thickness, and width. And it was all proportioned correctly.

M

MUSCOSTAR

Banned
Flex Wheeler symmetry is the greatest and this symmetry, vascularity, road map and incredible definition have the prize of one of his kidneys, especially his drug problems (Steroid abuse (Not all steroids are bad if you have medical support and medical revision) but in terms of muscularity plus back, Ronnie is still the king, he can also take his 9th sandow giving us a 2003 back circa plus 1998 triceps circa and everybody can be knock out.

CJU

CJU

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
lol why are pics of cutlers back in here...his back doesnt even touch flex's. i vote for flex.

Deathmaggot

Deathmaggot

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
but look at tweak picture!!!!!!!!

if its not fake, this on a stage could beat ronnie jay and dorian anyday

HE IS BODYBUILDING

Flexwheeler5sm5 1

M

MUSCOSTAR

Banned
not impressive, Ronnie Coleman has more beef in traps, lats and rhomboids, knock out, Joel Stubbs could make disturbs during this ironman

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Flex has the best overall back. Ronnie has awesome size and width, but he doesnt have the lines like Flex had, plus flex still has excellent size and width.

Big Lee

Big Lee

Can anyone find a picture of Phil Williams circa 1988? Back double bicep shot will beat all of these. I used to have it on my wall. Can someone with more brains than me please try??

sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Big Lee said:
Can anyone find a picture of Phil Williams circa 1988? Back double bicep shot will beat all of these. I used to have it on my wall. Can someone with more brains than me please try??

Yes, but his legs seemed too small for his impressive upper body.

Deathmaggot

Deathmaggot

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
this image allways crack me up

ronnieback4bqem7.jpg