• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

The Best Back in History

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joel Stubbs

Img 1137511632 2 1

Joelstubbsphoto2lg 1

Stubbs4ls6 1

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
The best back WAS Ronnie Colemans back at 2003 Olympia
Jay don't compare at all...he might be as wide...but Jays back is not as good as ronnies 2003 back.

Ronnies back at 2006 Olympia though...it´s not even in the top 10
Hope he fixes it to 2007 Olympia it would be really fun for him

Minchinator

Minchinator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
More than size makes a good back, the best backs in my opinion are of course wide, but also greatly detailed, so my vote goes to Flex Wheeler back in the early 90's - to me that is the perfect back.

Lanois

Lanois

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Minchinator said:
More than size makes a good back, the best backs in my opinion are of course wide, but also greatly detailed, so my vote goes to Flex Wheeler back in the early 90's - to me that is the perfect back.
flex wheeler was way to narrow, one of the best back double bi's yes, but he was lacking in the lat spread

Minchinator

Minchinator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Lanois said:
flex wheeler was way to narrow, one of the best back double bi's yes, but he was lacking in the lat spread

I understand that many people believe his back was to narrow to be considered the best ever - I just disagree.

Mygeeto

Mygeeto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
why do you disagree? back=width thickness and detail
if his back was just 2 inches wider either side of him it woulda been spot on i rekon

MuscleHead

MuscleHead

Stubbs is better than Ronnie imo

lilswoll

lilswoll

I would have to say either Yates or the sheer mass of Joel Stubbs!!

Minchinator

Minchinator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Mygeeto said:
why do you disagree? back=width thickness and detail
if his back was just 2 inches wider either side of him it woulda been spot on i rekon

I simply think it was wide and thick enough, his whole look tied together, nothing needed to be any bigger than it was, when he tried to go that route it ruined not only his look but his health - guess you could say that for the whole sport, I really hope Phil Heath does not take that route but I am guessing he will.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
Minchinator said:
I simply think it was wide and thick enough, his whole look tied together, nothing needed to be any bigger than it was, when he tried to go that route it ruined not only his look but his health - guess you could say that for the whole sport, I really hope Phil Heath does not take that route but I am guessing he will.

Reps for that, exactly what i think.

IMO Wheeler goes with the best back award, just have a look at Line's sign :ughnoes: .

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Lights Out, Game OVER!!!!!

Photo21 1

Coleman 10 1

Ddd00951 1

Ddd01331 1

Ddd05491 1

Rc210 1

Rc406 1

Rc480 1

Rc486 1

Ronnie Coleman 07 1

Ronnie Coleman 22 1

Ronnie Coleman 31 1

Bodybuilderdk

Bodybuilderdk

I would have Joel Stubbs, Ronnie Coleman, Victor Martinez, Johnnie Jackson, Phil Heath and Flex Wheeler.

Iceman1981

Iceman1981

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Bodybuilderdk said:
I would have Joel Stubbs, Ronnie Coleman, Victor Martinez, Johnnie Jackson, Phil Heath and Flex Wheeler.

I'm not sure about Joel Stubbs. He doesn't have a good back double bi, but his real latspread is good.

Attachments

• JC.JPG
    JC.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 452
Iceman1981

Iceman1981

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
lifterdead said:
I'm surprised no one posted this pic again.

In that pic, Coleman wasn't even Mr. Olympia yet. So we can not compare Dorian to Ronnie in this comparison for the best back. Ronnie's back is know where near his best there.

Iceman1981

Iceman1981

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Minchinator said:
I think the best lat spread can be agrued between Coleman, yates, Haney and a few other, but if you are talking best back in a rear dbl bi - Flex Wheeler shuts em all down - I don't have a pic to post right now, but I am sure somebody does and if not, I will later.

Coleman takes it if you ask me. Here

Attachments

• FC.JPG
    FC.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 210