• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

The end of the world!!!!

Robcardu

Robcardu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
These kind of discussions are funny because no one will change their mind and opinion.

I myself dont believe in religion i think they brainwash ppl and thats against everything i believe in.

EDIT: im fucking outta here :io:

German_Joe

German_Joe

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ironslave are you George Carlin:bowroflarms:

10 commandments

Last edited by a moderator:
Robcardu

Robcardu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Serb is going to cast a christian spell upon you Joe. :ughnoes:

German_Joe

German_Joe

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Serb is going to cast a christian spell upon you Joe. :ughnoes:

I thought that was a gypsy thing:coolguy:

Let people have their beliefs and values, as long as it doesnt hurt others

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
So it's an imaginary kingdom that isn't real?

No its a kingdom that is very real in our hearts and minds. Thoughts truley exsist in our minds as vibrations.

How would god help me? I thought people say that "god grants us free will"? I have already applied to some schools, if I prey to god will he help me get in?
Jesus' words say that if you prey for it, it WILL happen bro.

God does grant us free will. God will allow it to happen if you are able to handle it yes.

I have been, I went to a strict catholic high school run by the Brothers of the Holy Cross who met in a church every morning to prey. We had mass every Sunday, and some of the teachers were great men who were devout Christians.

My comment wasnt directed towards you only the very end of my post was.

Read the intro to my last post again dude, I never once gave you a bad wrap or generalized you, I went out of my way to say the opposite.
That comment wasnt directed towards you

First, how was Jesus the son of God? Supposedly Mary was this pure virgin, did God just point to her stomach and say "poof, you are not pregnant!" Or, did her and Joseph go back to the manger one night after a few too many glasses of holy wine?

In scriptue, by the power of the holy spirit

Jesus lied, lying is a sin, thus, Jesus was a sinner. Here are things he said to his followers

A lot of those things you posted here are left up to interpretation to what they actually mean. When Jesus says he will return u have to remember that we are dealing with infact a three headed God . God the Father God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. 3 persons in one God. So when Jesus says He will return he could very well mean the Holy spirit acting amoung man through man to create a KINGDOM in the hearts and minds of the faithful. In thsi case he would be telling the absoloute truth.

Is God himself sinless? Because some of the things that happen in the world, which according to Christians must be the result of acts from god are horrendous.

Christians are not able to classify what God's actions are this is where man really takes the cake for screw ups. Also like i said i think this deals with a more vengeful God. At ths point in scriptur i dont think God had actually given Moses the 10 coommandment so they did not exsist. God really kind of worked by trial and error with man in the old testimate because God wanted a loving relationship with his chosen people at this point in time but he gave us free will to CHOOSE to love him rather than to be forced into loving him.. This was before the coventant God made with Jesus which was for ALL people. In the old testimate God was trying to make a covenant with his CHOSEN people those that he lead out of egypt. In the new testimate God makes his FINAL covenant with man with ALL people throught Jesus Christ. This is why i think its so important that people study and truley try to read the bible in the spirit in which it was written. Thescriptue is flawless. The spoken word is stronger than the strongest man. If we misenturpret it that is on us thats why we should seek guidance from those who have bee blessed with the wisdom to interprt it correctly.

Isn't one of God's 10 commandments "Thou shalt not kill", yet, why does God order that all Jabesh-gilead people be murdered, except for virgin women, who are to be sold as sex slaves and raped?

Thsi again was before God made a covenant with all people, and he was taking care of his chsen people those form the 12 tribes f Isreal. The old testimate is a history book really for Christians bc it shows God's attempts to make covenants that man kept screwing up.

Another one, isn't adultery considered a horrible sin? Every Christian would agree to this. Why does God say this to David? When David begs forgiveness, God says "oh it's okay.... but I'm gonna kill your kid to punish you"

Again before his final covenant with man, i havent really studied these points well enough to give u an anwser that has the spirit of wisdom in it.

Everything I believe requires reasoning, if I believe something based on what I am conditioned to (in this case, religion, there's no doubt that people are conditioned into believing things a certain way, see the video of people praying to President Bush that Tech posted) then it is ignorance.

I agree completely. I think faith based on conditoning is a terrible and harmful thing. Thats why i keep emphasizing that one has to search for God for themselves, only God can revealshimself to you in a way that the experience can only be God, but only when he feel you are ready.

I personally don't know what to believe, I consider myself a skepticist more than anything. But Ben, you haven't cleared up any misconceptions bro, you've just stated a few.

I hope i clarified a littl ebetter this time around if not m sure i can try again, but nothing will ever come close to the truth of God revealing Himself to you bc you will KNOW He exsists when that happens if you search for it to happen. The search for God is a spiritual journey that one must go through and learn to find strength in God not hatred or bias, not saying that you were. :tiphat:

Last edited by a moderator:
Robcardu

Robcardu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Those blue letters are annoying.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
BigBen all you are proving below is that God and Heaven are a figment of our imagination.. that is what I got out of reading the retorts to IS. Your mind can make you beleive whatever you want, if you beleive enough that you are feeling something spiritual then you can manifest the euphoria. Ultimately, your argueing that you have to believe and have faith.. but that does not prove anything. If everything was real the everyone believed or had faith in we would be in a strange world.
Dont you find it odd that our species has become so intelligent up to this day, yet we still believe in some supernatural diety that has yet to be proven? We should have moved past this, its nothing but tradition passed on by our ancestors that did not have tools or knowledge that we do now. Dont get me wrong, it would be great if there is a God and a Heaven..... but unfortunately that is so far fetched it most likely is not true and we must all come to grips with the fact that this MAY be the only shot we have in life.

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
BigBen i myself being a christian disagree with a lot of your answers to IS's questions.. sorry buddy, but a lot of your answers just dont line up with the bible..

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i really wish i had more time on my hands.. when i do im gonna really go through some of these questions and give you biblical answers that might shock you.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Robcardu

Robcardu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
BigBen i myself being a christian disagree with a lot of your answers to IS's questions.. sorry buddy, but a lot of your answers just dont line up with the bible..

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!!!!

Robcardu

Robcardu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i really wish i had more time on my hands.. when i do im gonna really go through some of these questions and give you biblical answers that might shock you.

I dont wanna read what bible says, we all can read the bible, id like to know what YOU think.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Cool man, if you can contribute I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Keep in mind though, many of the things I've cited were taken directly from the bible (and you still didn't answer the many contradictions in the bible I posted earlier).

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
BigBen all you are proving below is that God and Heaven are a figment of our imagination.. that is what I got out of reading the retorts to IS. Your mind can make you beleive whatever you want, if you beleive enough that you are feeling something spiritual then you can manifest the euphoria. Ultimately, your argueing that you have to believe and have faith.. but that does not prove anything. If everything was real the everyone believed or had faith in we would be in a strange world.
Dont you find it odd that our species has become so intelligent up to this day, yet we still believe in some supernatural diety that has yet to be proven? We should have moved past this, its nothing but tradition passed on by our ancestors that did not have tools or knowledge that we do now. Dont get me wrong, it would be great if there is a God and a Heaven..... but unfortunately that is so far fetched it most likely is not true and we must all come to grips with the fact that this MAY be the only shot we have in life.

I live every day like that, bc thsi iss the only life we have here on earth. I live everyday to the fullest achieveing my goals and having fear in nothing but the Lord which in turn keeps my ego in check. I do everything i want everyday and achieve my goas bc i am a firm believer in the philosophy of personal achievement and have made success consciencesness a habit. So to say i am afraide is completely incorrect and would be quite disrespectful to my creator if i lived in such a way. I would be terrified as to what i would be like without God in my life keeping me in check bc believe me i have the mindset to do anything i want and overcome any obsticale. I had this mindset before i truley believed in God, but i needed God he balanced my life out for good reason and im now the same person but humbled, and now i help others instead f harming them. I take that ambition i had and tranmute the emoition twards burning passion and desire to achieve my goals. what do u think i am a faithful potatoe with no abitions? LIVE THE LIFE THE CREATOR GAVE YOU! Giving all glory to God. You cant hold the glory of success you have in your life you will become bitter and egotistical and only think of yourself or what you want in your life if you TRULEY believed that this was all that exsisted. All glory MUST go to God to keep yourself humble.

I dont find it odd one bit that sciety cant get beyond belief in God. It's only further proof that God must exsist. Beacause man has the ability in his mind do do or achieve anything with out God, or with wat man believes is without God seeing to it tat the creator gave usthe most matured minds out of any creature on earth, but those that are truley success still choose to believe. why? God has reveiled Himself to them.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

such as

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Cool man, if you can contribute I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Keep in mind though, many of the things I've cited were taken directly from the bible (and you still didn't answer the many contradictions in the bible I posted earlier).

which ones

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

That would further contradict the arguements, the bible is not to be taken literally... so how would it help in an aruement?

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I live every day like that, bc thsi iss the only life we have here on earth. I live everyday to the fullest achieveing my goals and having fear in nothing but the Lord which in turn keeps my ego in check. I do everything i want everyday and achieve my goas bc i am a firm believer in the philosophy of personal achievement and have made success consciencesness a habit. So to say i am afraide is completely incorrect and would be quite disrespectful to my creator if i lived in such a way. I would be terrified as to what i would be like without God in my life keeping me in check bc believe me i have the mindset to do anything i want and overcome any obsticale. I had this mindset before i truley believed in God, but i needed God he balanced my life out for good reason and im now the same person but humbled, and now i help others instead f harming them. I take that ambition i had and tranmute the emoition twards burning passion and desire to achieve my goals. what do u think i am a faithful potatoe with no abitions? LIVE THE LIFE THE CREATOR GAVE YOU! Giving all glory to God. You cant hold the glory of success you have in your life you will become bitter and egotistical and only think of yourself or what you want in your life if you TRULEY believed that this was all that exsisted. All glory MUST go to God to keep yourself humble.

I dont find it odd one bit that sciety cant get beyond belief in God. It's only further proof that God must exsist. Beacause man has the ability in his mind do do or achieve anything with out God, or with wat man believes is without God seeing to it tat the creator gave usthe most matured minds out of any creature on earth, but those that are truley success still choose to believe. why? God has reveiled Himself to them.

Well then I can agree that it gives some (such as yourself) benefit, by making you a better person. But that still does not mean that God exists, you are making your choices in life and how you perceive things based off a unproved diety. But if it benefits you then keep it up, it doesnt hurt believing in something that gives you hope, makes you humble and better all around person.

Deathmaggot

Deathmaggot

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

im not really into this debate, i just read some random posts and i must comment this one.
i hope i doenst offend any believer :ughfingers:, but i must say i could literally rewrite your post bigben talking about my life, but changing GOD by BODYBUILDING, yes it may sound stupid and unrespectful, but man, i felt so identificated, i took bbding so serioulsy that my life & personallity changed so much as yours, it helped me a lot in lot of ways not necessary to explainn and gave me new FAITH on myself, ok, maybe not as much as yours, but i changed a lot

now the question is, maybe you just need something to believe in, and i need something to be interested in, how can a sport change my life as much as a GOD did to you? maybe it wasnt a god what helped you, but your desire to have something in your life to believe in

i just wanted to let it drop, asnwer if you want and no offense to anyone

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
im not really into this debate, i just read some random posts and i must comment this one.
i hope i doenst offend any believer :ughfingers:, but i must say i could literally rewrite your post bigben talking about my life, but changing GOD by BODYBUILDING, yes it may sound stupid and unrespectful, but man, i felt so identificated, i took bbding so serioulsy that my life & personallity changed so much as yours, it helped me a lot in lot of ways not necessary to explainn and gave me new FAITH on myself, ok, maybe not as much as yours, but i changed a lot

now the question is, maybe you just need something to believe in, and i need something to be interested in, how can a sport change my life as much as a GOD did to you? maybe it wasnt a god what helped you, but your desire to have something in your life to believe in

i just wanted to let it drop, asnwer if you want and no offense to anyone

You make a great point buddy :2:
Most people believe in God because they need something or someone to believe in. But your right, bodybuilding has done the same for me. Some pick God, others a hobby or passion, but bodybuilding much more real to me than a supernatural being.