• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

The Official Olympic Games 2008 thread

nigster

nigster

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Shawn did awesome job on beam. Flawless. Gongrats to USA.

Finnish spring board jumper fucked it up (as did many others but what can you do). :(

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Not funny.

What's the point of watching the olympics if you arn't rooting for your own country. I bet that comic was made by a jealous Aussie.
Actually he lives on the east coast of America and is American :keke:

I'm not a big fan of blind patriotism. It's great to appreciate what your fellow countrymen and women are doing to represent their/our country. It is also great to admire terrific athletes, which often gets trampled by patriotism. Lets face it there are some posts in this thread that are pretty pathetic country bashing rather than admiring the athletic competition and the best athletes. Who cares if they are from Gutamala or Spain or Australia or America?

Bolt will smoke the 200m!! He was watching himself jog down the straight with 80m to go last night.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Not funny.

What's the point of watching the olympics if you arn't rooting for your own country. I bet that comic was made by a jealous Aussie.

As Timbo said, its an American cartoonist. I think its fucking hilarious actually and that you've taken it totally the wrong way. If not even poking fun at you for following your team, but more at armchair sports-people who get so emotionally involved in a certain sports-person's exploits.

Australian's have been just as guilty of this in the past. If our swimming team had been as successful as it has been in the past we'd probably be just as guilty. But since we suck this year then all we can do is poke fun at you yanks. Its ok to poke fun at yourselves too.:p

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
:2: exactly my thoughts. But of course they are jealous, they got owned on their best sport. After swimming... what else is there? :keke:

theres the sport where i slap you with my meat while ur asleep.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
As Timbo said, its an American cartoonist. I think its fucking hilarious actually and that you've taken it totally the wrong way. If not even poking fun at you for following your team, but more at armchair sports-people who get so emotionally involved in a certain sports-person's exploits.

Australian's have been just as guilty of this in the past. If our swimming team had been as successful as it has been in the past we'd probably be just as guilty. But since we suck this year then all we can do is poke fun at you yanks. Its ok to poke fun at yourselves too.:p

I know.

I get upset when fans talk about their favorite football team like they are part of the team for example.

ironheart

ironheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
USAIN BOLT JUST SET A NEW WORLD RECORD ON 200M - 19.30!!!

nigster

nigster

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yes you kinda saw that one coming but somehow I didn't think he could break Michael Johnson's record 19,32. What can you say...he's a superman. Unbelievable.

Let's see when he gets caught. ;)

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yes you kinda saw that one coming but somehow I didn't think he could break Michael Johnson's record 19,32. What can you say...he's a superman. Unbelievable.

Let's see when he gets caught. ;)
I loved his run, he was actually trying for that record rather than holding back and celebrating.

There was an article in our state paper claiming that all the Jamaicans could be on drugs because they don't have much out of competition testing.

But raise your hand if you actually believe that any track athlete isn't taking something.

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
USA WINS GOLD IN WOMENS BEACH VOLLEYBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
I loved his run, he was actually trying for that record rather than holding back and celebrating.

There was an article in our state paper claiming that all the Jamaicans could be on drugs because they don't have much out of competition testing.

But raise your hand if you actually believe that any track athlete isn't taking something.

raises hand.

nigster

nigster

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Exactly, just what I thought. He pushed it all the way to the finish line. It was a close call but he made it, which is of course good.

Usain has been tested several of times this season but that doesn't prove anything at the end. But yes, I saw that same article somewhere.

There could be few but if you run a WR these days you have to be on drugs more or less. It's just the way it is.

A

Achilles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
2x gold for the netherlands today :D

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
2x gold for the netherlands today :D

:xyxthumbs:

The 10km swimming was awesome. The guy had cancer a few years back, hes like the Dutch Lance Armstrong. Really great accomplishment he deserved it

Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
iceland are playing in the handball finals, first time ever!!!!!! so we might get a gold for the first time