• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

  • Follow the 2026 Olympia on September 24 to 27, 2026!

The Official Olympic Games 2008 thread

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
2,642
Points
63
In about six days the olympics wil start in Beijing. Post here the results, news, favorite events and everything else which is related to the olympics

The official website: http://en.beijing2008.cn/

beijingolympics2008-1.jpg
 
ironheart

ironheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Oct 1, 2006
Messages
2,066
Points
38
looking forward to it. heia Norge!
 
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Joined
Nov 12, 2006
Messages
8,129
Points
63
Prepare for Australia to own the swimming...
 
nigster

nigster

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Oct 2, 2006
Messages
2,603
Points
38
Australia pretty much will own the swimming pool.

Javelin will be owned by Finland so Thorkildsen will be pissed. ;)

I'll be waiting for Isinbayeva making the new world record...again.

Men's 100m dash will be interesting too.
 
ironheart

ironheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Oct 1, 2006
Messages
2,066
Points
38
Javelin will be owned by Finland so Thorkildsen will be pissed. ;)

we'll see about that:p it will be close, Thorkildsen is in very good shape these days.
 
nigster

nigster

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Oct 2, 2006
Messages
2,603
Points
38
we'll see about that:p it will be close, Thorkildsen is in very good shape these days.
I know, he really is in shape. Tero for one didn't throw that good last time he competed but like you said we'll see. :hsughr:
 
Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 13, 2007
Messages
2,517
Points
36
Prepare for USA to Dominate!!!!
 
philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
2,642
Points
63
Australia pretty much will own the swimming pool.

Javelin will be owned by Finland so Thorkildsen will be pissed. ;)

I'll be waiting for Isinbayeva making the new world record...again.

Men's 100m dash will be interesting too.

Lets not forget dutch hope Pieter van den hogenband:imcoolurnot:
 
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
7,956
Points
73
Lets not forget dutch hope Pieter van den hogenband:imcoolurnot:
Is he off the drugs yet? :linedrunk:

I can't wait for the 100m final. Bolt, Powell, Gay all at their best!:hyperguy:
Also looking forward to watching some weightlifting and the 400m. Nothing like seeing a chick you outweigh by a couple of weight divisions lift more than you.

NB: I think that I like these events as I have competed in them so I am probably biased. Pity we will have Ch7 coverage which will only show Aust events and endless medal ceremonies :ugh:
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
fuckin channel 7 :no:

im keen to see what kind of coverage fox sports Aus has
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
chadcruz

chadcruz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 29, 2006
Messages
630
Points
18
The Americans will own the pool, and sadly no one in America will give a shit. Ch 7 meanwhile will say something along the lines of 'Australia's best swimming team ever....never say die attitude etc etc'.
 
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Joined
Nov 12, 2006
Messages
8,129
Points
63
The Americans will own the pool, and sadly no one in America will give a shit. Ch 7 meanwhile will say something along the lines of 'Australia's best swimming team ever....never say die attitude etc etc'.

The hell you say! :angrydude:
 
philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
2,642
Points
63
Is he off the drugs yet? :linedrunk:

I can't wait for the 100m final. Bolt, Powell, Gay all at their best!:hyperguy:
Also looking forward to watching some weightlifting and the 400m. Nothing like seeing a chick you outweigh by a couple of weight divisions lift more than you.

NB: I think that I like these events as I have competed in them so I am probably biased. Pity we will have Ch7 coverage which will only show Aust events and endless medal ceremonies :ugh:

Drugs..? Pieter is drug free and you know it:coolguy:

100m will be great with some much people who can take the titel.
 
chadcruz

chadcruz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 29, 2006
Messages
630
Points
18
The hell you say! :angrydude:

Its true bro. We are pretty much the only country who gives a shit about swimming. We are constantly fed mountains of media regarding the swimmers. They are easily some of the most well known athletes in Australia. That kind of coverage is unheard of in most other large Olympic teams. Phelps single handedly will win a truck load of medals for the Americans and it wont be surprising at all to see them collect significantly more medals than Australia.
 
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Joined
Nov 12, 2006
Messages
8,129
Points
63
I'm not listening....

LA, LA, LA, LA, LA!!!!!
 
ironheart

ironheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Oct 1, 2006
Messages
2,066
Points
38
i bet the opening ceremony is going be off the hook. the chinese are crazy:hsughr:
 
L

Lacoste

Guest
IMO is Powell runs his own race and forgets about the pressure (hard I know) he will win, but he can't handle pressure, Bolt and Gay are fine with pressure so they will be fine, out of the 2 bolt will win, but IMO Asafa is the favourite.
 
Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jun 12, 2007
Messages
5,990
Points
38
Prepare for USA to Dominate!!!!

Exactly :2: we dominate the Olympics as a whole. We have more Golds, Silvers and Bronze medals than any other country.

And El Freako, we will definitely dominate the pool. Phelps pewns all Aussies :gaygay:
 
Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Feb 14, 2008
Messages
3,424
Points
38
the aussies as a whole are better at the swimming events though. really beyond phelps we have no one who is "dominate"

i just hope USA basketball rights the ship. i'm also interested to see how we do in the speed events in track. our defending champion is out and i'm not sure if we can beat the 2 fastest men as of right now in the world (bolt and powell)
 
Top