• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

  • Follow the 2026 Olympia on September 24 to 27, 2026!

The Official Olympic Games 2008 thread

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jun 12, 2007
Messages
5,990
Points
38
Michael Phelps won his third gold medal and record-tying ninth of his career Tuesday, breaking his own world record in the 200-meter freestyle at the Beijing Olympics.
ADVERTISEMENT

The American touched in 1 minute, 42.96 seconds, lowering his old mark of 1:43.86 set at last year's world championships in Australia.

He cruised to the wall nearly 2 seconds ahead of silver medalist Park Tae-hwan of South Korea, who finished in 1:44.85. American Peter Vanderkaay earned the bronze in 1:45.14.

Phelps' ninth gold medal tied him with four others, including Mark Spitz and track star Carl Lewis, for most career golds.

He is 3-for-3, with three world records, in his attempt to break Spitz's 36-year-old record of seven golds in a single games. Spitz set world records in each of his races at the 1972 Munich Olympics.

Phelps' other victories were in the 400 individual medley and 400 freestyle relay.

USA USA USA
 
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Joined
Nov 12, 2006
Messages
8,129
Points
63
Leisel Jones wins the 100m Butterfly and receives her first indiviual medal to bring the Aussie tally to 3 gold, 4 bronze.
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
how much to the Chinese DOMINATE the gymnastics :ughnoes:
 
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
7,956
Points
73
^ I dont care what anyone on here says about us having more population or anything. We are still gonna dominate.

Expecially the swimming can I say 6 more golds for Phelps. Yup

So how do you feel about being beaten by South Korea then?


Braaq I just knew you were winding us Aussies up :cardulikesmen: I couldn't care less about the wins as the endevours. Seeing people like Kylie Wheeler (girl I went to uni with and used to train with at the gym) who is at her 3rd Olympics (I think) and has gotten better at each turnout yet has never medaled. That sort of effort and dedication is inspiring!!

As a result I love seeing other countries compete as much as my fellow countrymen/women. I mean who can't admire Phelps?!:wutyousay:
 
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
7,956
Points
73
Some bloody gutsy lifting in the mens 69kg weightlifting!!

Couple of guys just had nothing on their 2nd lift and would then just pull out some good old G&D to put themselves on the board. Also one guy rolled his ankle when he cramped on the jerk. Poor guy tried two more times to finish up with a lift to at least complete the meet. He managed a clean on his final lift but couldn't finish.:crymeariver:
 
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
7,956
Points
73
China has three weightlifting golds now! They have some bloody good lifters! Apparently 4 million registered lifters!!!!!!!!!!! Big talent pool to draw from for lifters.
 
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
7,956
Points
73
^^ So it is like having an entire country that weightlifts every day...... COOL.
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
TJ

TJ

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
1,235
Points
38
Does anyone know of NBC will air any weightlifting events? I can only find online streams on their site and I don't feel like sitting in front of my computer that long.
 
philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
2,642
Points
63
China has three weightlifting golds now! They have some bloody good lifters! Apparently 4 million registered lifters!!!!!!!!!!! Big talent pool to draw from for lifters.

Damn didnt knew that, but than on the other hand they have the largest population of all country's in the world
 
Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 13, 2007
Messages
2,517
Points
36
^ their people go with the population thing as ive stated doesnt mean anything.
 
Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 4, 2006
Messages
4,869
Points
38
:noesskull:
555161-1.jpg

555164-1.jpg

555163-1.jpg

555160-1.jpg

555166-1.jpg

555159-1.jpg

555165-1.jpg
 
Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 13, 2007
Messages
2,517
Points
36
^ Shit his arm got jacked up I dont want to work out anymore :ughnoes:
 
P

Pain

............
VIP
Joined
Jun 27, 2006
Messages
7,540
Points
63
Got a video of that weight lifting accident? :skurred:
 
Top