• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

The Old days of bodybuilding

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Robbie Robinson and Mike Mentzer.
Robbinson Mentzer2
Robbinson Mentzer

Robinson and Mentzer varied as much in their approach to training and nutrition as they did in their skin color. -
There isn’t one way, get that out of your head. However there’s definitely an approach which is suitable for you, and sometimes that approach is just to do what you haven’t been doing!

However if you know your Piaget, you want to play a ‘reiterable game’, meaning a game that works for you, for your family, and maybe even society as a whole, this week, next month, next year, even 20 years from now. -
Sustainability is one of the most central aspects of bodybuilding, it’s also maybe the strongest case against the ‘heavy duty style’, not that it isn’t working, but again, because of the sustainability issue. *Disclaimer; I’m NOT saying don’t train hard and heavy. My point is something like; you don’t have to put your life on the line every single session... -

Last edited by a moderator:
MuscleMecca Crew

MuscleMecca Crew

MuscleMecca Crew
Staff
Author
Does anyone remember the Iron Warrior Mike Christian? Mike was born in 1955 and was pretty big in the 80s. He went up against Rich Gaspari. They had a huge rivalry but he could never beat Rich.
Mikechristian

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sergio Oliva!
SergioOliva

Last edited by a moderator:
KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
More Robby Robinson! Still looks fit at 72!
Robby Robinson

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Eugen Sandow! The father of bodybuilding!
Eugen Sandow Eugen Sandow

underbody

underbody

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Here is Eduardo kawak. He won 5 Mr. Universe titles in the 80s.

Eduardo kawak was born on February 28, 1959 in Lebanon and he died of a heart attack on May 21, 2006 in China.
Eduardo kawak
He was a great bodybuilder. I met him in 2000 circa in italy. He was in rimini for festival del fitness. He trained in the expo in the stand of panatta sport. And he was huge!

Rip kawak. :(

underbody

underbody

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Who can tell me about zane vs columbu? I read some about their rivality.. but i don't know more..

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
We have a new thread for JP Fux.
:)

underbody

underbody

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
"These are not only never before seen pics – but they are VERY RARE – because I hardly ever take before show hotel room shots. These pics (I believe) are Wednesday evening before the 2001 Arnold Classic. This is Ronnie still flat (for Ronnie) and we, at this point, had done nothing with his water. The Arnold was one of my favorite looks of Ronnie’s – it may not have been his biggest look – he ended up around 247 on stage; but he had sick conditioning and bone dry. We pushed his carb loading about 90%, but the main thing I remembered about this show is how energetic and how great he felt. I even remember him telling me he had never felt like this before a show. If you remember that year – at prejudging – he literally ran out on stage.

Now, the reason these are rare – as I mentioned before – I seldom take hotel shots before the show when I’m at the event. I was always very confident in my abilities, but I also wanted to make the decisions based on what he looked like standing directly in front of me – taking in all factors, before making the next move. I never wanted to take pics, go back to the room to study them and “overthink” the process. I believe many times this is where the majority of athletes screw everything up! They go back – look at photos – overthink shit and now with social media they post photos and worry about everyone’s opinions/critiques – letting all this determine or at the very least play a factor in their next move.

Back in the day – it may have been a bit “old school” – but I still believe in that process 100%. Sometimes the simplest path leads you to the greatest results!"

- Chad Nicholls

FB IMG 1525187896047 FB IMG 1525187899909 FB IMG 1525187903440 FB IMG 1525187907414

underbody

underbody

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Paul demayo and mike matarazzo

FB IMG 1525281384525

underbody

underbody

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Markus ruhl

FB IMG 1525368530803