• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Things that annoy you in the Gym???

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Joined
Jun 5, 2007
Messages
6,008
Points
48
I actually just tell people to get out of the rack if they are curling. I've done it several times. Most of the time I'm polite about it, but if they give me attitude ("oh just 3 more sets dude!") I explain to them why it is called a squat rack and how they are wimps who can't pick a little barbell off the floor for curls. :headbang:

Your a dick :rofl3: thats hillarious, i have a friend whose like that. that bastard is crazy, he's like 40 yrs old, hard as nails and would pick a fight with anyone... strong as hell too
 
Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Feb 14, 2008
Messages
3,424
Points
38
Originally posted by Clint
1.) Dropping/Slamming down the weight. Ok, you lifted the 120s, that doesn't mean you just drop them or throw them to the ground once you're finished. I can do those too and I place them on my knees when I'm done then put them on the floor. It's quite easy.


lol, why don't you try the 140's, and incline them, and get back to us. blake if you read this feel free to add anything. when you go hard with anything over 130, when you're done, you're done, and you dump that weight. sorry if you don't like the loud noises, there's libraries if you prefer the quiet.
 
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
7,956
Points
73
Your a dick :rofl3: thats hillarious, i have a friend whose like that. that bastard is crazy, he's like 40 yrs old, hard as nails and would pick a fight with anyone... strong as hell too

Like I said I'm polite about it. They are the one's being dicks, I'm just asking them "Can you please curl somewhere else, I need the squat rack for squats?". If I was trying to pick a fight I'd be nasty.

It's only if they act like they need to curl in the squat rack that I tell them how discourteous, inconsiderate and rude they are being.
 
Big VIC

Big VIC

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
May 20, 2007
Messages
5,398
Points
38
people who stand in front of the squat rack doing fucking dumbbell rows
 
Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 11, 2006
Messages
5,885
Points
38
lol, why don't you try the 140's, and incline them, and get back to us. blake if you read this feel free to add anything. when you go hard with anything over 130, when you're done, you're done, and you dump that weight. sorry if you don't like the loud noises, there's libraries if you prefer the quiet.

What the 140s feel like to you is exactly what the 50s can feel like for others so this logic is flawed.

There's no reason to be so intentionally rude and unsafe. Tossing the weights down from your knees, ok, that's a controlled drop. Dropping them from the shoulders (or a full lockout), absolutely not. Plus, the possible risk of injuring yourself by doing that nonsense isn't worth it either.
 
Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jun 12, 2007
Messages
5,990
Points
38
What the 140s feel like to you is exactly what the 50s can feel like for others so this logic is flawed.

There's no reason to be so intentionally rude and unsafe. Tossing the weights down from your knees, ok, that's a controlled drop. Dropping them from the shoulders (or a full lockout), absolutely not. Plus, the possible risk of injuring yourself by doing that nonsense isn't worth it either.

I agree with the dropping of the weights from up high. I will lower them down if it is the 140s or 150s and then drop them to the floor. For one I don't wanna pay for a DB or for it to bounce on someone's foot. So when I drop I try to do it as safely as possible and discretely... if that is possible. I have had it happen once that i dropped the weight carefully and it still bounced into the wall. There is a hole there now, I claimed it was there before :bitelip:
Usually on incline I am able to lower it to my knees, but flat bench I cannot do that with certain weight.
 
Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Feb 14, 2008
Messages
3,424
Points
38
I agree with the dropping of the weights from up high. I will lower them down if it is the 140s or 150s and then drop them to the floor. For one I don't wanna pay for a DB or for it to bounce on someone's foot. So when I drop I try to do it as safely as possible and discretely... if that is possible. I have had it happen once that i dropped the weight carefully and it still bounced into the wall. There is a hole there now, I claimed it was there before :bitelip:
Usually on incline I am able to lower it to my knees, but flat bench I cannot do that with certain weight.


lmao i was there when that happened, i remember i was spotting you. that was so funny :49: the whole wall shook.

clint i get what you're saying, when i drop them i don't drop them like an asshole. but nonetheless when i'm done with a set to failure with heavy dumbells, my safety is paramount and i'm dropping them as safely as possible.
 
D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 19, 2006
Messages
13,133
Points
38
people who dont use a towl when they are working out
 
Natureboypkr

Natureboypkr

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
679
Points
16
Sightseers- Those guys that watch you lift instead of doing their own workouts.

Equipment Lurkers- The people that stalk any equipment you use then as soon as you turn your back they pounce on it.

The Social Hour Crew
- Those guys the sit around in the way fucking talking.

The Gym Know-it-All- That guy that approaches you and says "I read in Flex magazine that you do this exercise like this" , that I say "fuck off"

The Guy with "Invisible Lat Syndrome"- This guy walks around doing a front lat spread the whole time, but nothing is there.

The excessive grunter- This guy makes unnecessary noise.

The Gym Hater- This guy has been training for a long time but has not seen any gains probably due to his piss poor genetics. So when he see other guys progressing he accuse them of using steroids.

Mr. Ego- This dude puts 7 plates on each side for the squat and moves about two inches.
 
miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Mar 22, 2007
Messages
5,778
Points
38
I agree with the dropping of the weights from up high. I will lower them down if it is the 140s or 150s and then drop them to the floor. For one I don't wanna pay for a DB or for it to bounce on someone's foot. So when I drop I try to do it as safely as possible and discretely... if that is possible. I have had it happen once that i dropped the weight carefully and it still bounced into the wall. There is a hole there now, I claimed it was there before :bitelip:
Usually on incline I am able to lower it to my knees, but flat bench I cannot do that with certain weight.

lol that happened to me. dropped the 170's and they jumped forward and one of them right into the wall :49: nobody said something they just looked like " omg that big dude tears up the whole gym" :49:

did shrugs instead of presses though :tear:
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff

Similar threads

PrinceVegeta
Replies
82
Views
13K
kn609
kn609
Chris Bumstead Feed
Replies
0
Views
34
Chris Bumstead Feed
Chris Bumstead Feed
Nick Walker Feed
Replies
0
Views
64
Nick Walker Feed
Nick Walker Feed
Top