• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Tim's Journeyman Log

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Opeth is good...

Good sesh Timbo!

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
El Freako: I'm liking this Still Life album, but not really workout music so have been listening to it before I go to work.

Last nights workout was almost interupted by rain. Fortunately the ground was dry under foot so I was good to go.

Upper

Incline bench
60kg
80kg
102.5kg
102.5kg
102.5kg
102.5kg (Happy with these but I really want a better bench)

Chinups
BW
36kg
36kg
36kg
36kg (easily got the reps need to add more weight)

Handstand pushups
2 (Happy how these are progressing. Nowhere near my old form of sets of 15-20)

OH Tricep ext
16kgx12
16kgx12

DB bicep curl
27kg
27kg

Last edited by a moderator:
Essensen

Essensen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Strong chin ups and incline bench .. how many reps are you doing 'em for ? NIce log you got going btw - i'm gonna keep checkin' in :)

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Strong chin ups and incline bench .. how many reps are you doing 'em for ? NIce log you got going btw - i'm gonna keep checkin' in :)
Thanks dude :tiphat:

I usually can't be assed writing the reps as I have a rep goal it is only really the sets and weights that change. So the only times it isn't X reps I'll note it next to the set.

Last edited by a moderator:
tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
nice benching tim, it's already good, but it will be better in no time..the same about chin ups, great weights for them, keep up the good work old man :D

:2:

Essensen

Essensen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
tkD: I'm more pleased with the chins than anything. At the end of this cycle I should have a chinups PB! The inclines it is hard to judge as I can usually add about 10kg to all of my presses just by training on a better bench. And saying Tim old makes Tim angry; you wouldn't like me when I'm angry
hulksmash-1.jpg

:49:

Essensen: :tiphat: Now all I've got to do is set these PB's I want. Deadlift PB has been 211kg for too long.

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Incline bench looks great Tim and those chin-ups are mighty strong. Glad to see your hand stand push ups are progressing.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Mad chins old fella! :p

I hate handstand pushups, I have short arms and a big head so my ROM leaves much to be desired.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Handstand push-ups are indeed wreckless. Awesome work man. Soon you'll be at bulging ripllingness stage :gaygay:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
tkD: :D

Big_guns_Lance: Yeh they seem a bit easier to do as well; I don't get the same rush of blood to the head as I was getting.

El Freako: Do them on blocks :wutyousay:

KM: I was about to start riding to work today but forgot I had my laptop, my rather large lunch box, my bag, and several other valid excuses. It is bike to work month starting tomorrow, so should start getting leaner as of tomorrow.

I've been assessing what I've actually been managing to do for my training and have realised I'm taking more off days than I planned. So I'm actually looking to do accessories or GPP days on the days off. Probably spend 10-15mins just warming up and doing one thing or two small things.
Ideas so far:
Keg carry (although I need to "find" a keg and modify)
Sandbag carry (ditto)
Farmers walks
Sled drag (can be improvised)

Anyone else have some ideas?

Ok the other thing I did was actually train.

Lower

Hang C&J
40kg
60kg
82.5kg
82.5kg
82.5kg (easy so will add weight again, although wrists are a little sore)

Deadlift
140kg
172.5kg
192.5kg
192.5kg
192.5kg
192.5kg (came off the ground easily, will add more weight)

DB calf raise
55kg
55kg
55kg
55kg

Triset of:
Split squat
85kg x8
85kg x8 (lighter than normal to get the extra reps)

Hammy curl
23kg x8
23kg x8

Standing calf raise (slow tempo, hold lockout)
85kg x15
85kg x15

Soundtrack:

Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Not long until you break your deadlift pb...here's to you getting it next time!

Not sure about other ideas than what you mentioned, but those you have look good. I'll think about it and see if anything comes to mind.

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nice deads my fellow dirty Aussie :spy:

You could make a Conan's wheel, I've seen a bunch online people have made and are trying to sell.

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Love this log. Such dynamic sessions its great. Great to see training out the norm...or what I'm use to saying I should say. Good work Tim and nice weights!

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Arcane: I'm going to go at it easy. I am feeling strong at the moment even though I'm a little run down and tired. I think the stress and anger from work comes out in the first lift of every session.

Chesty: Conan's wheel; good idea!! I have to admit I had to look up what they are (even though I have seen them before). I don't know that I have the room for one, but definitely for the future.

El Freako: Just wait till I hit a PB!

Essensen said:
Dirty deads
Done Dirt Cheap!

KM: I'm hoping that others will see that what passes for training in the gym will leave you uninspired if you train for any length of time. Which brings me to the last two training days.

I'm in the city this week for meetings and for my brother's engagement party (going to get really pissed :linedrunk:) so I've been to a gym. Bit on the expensive side for single visits but it is convenient and has dumbbells up to 55kg. Anyways on my upper body day I was casually doing my bench and had several young guys staring at me. At first I thought they were :gaygay: but it turns out that they just don't see too many people bench 110kgx8. Wasn't the best bench to press on as the hooks extended too far so I hit them twice :ugh: You really need a lift off on that one, but that would have taken two of the gawkers to achieve. Then on the cable rows I worked in with a PT and his client. I chucked on the entire stack and did 8 reps with proper form, mainly because I wanted to prove a point to the PT (actions vs words). His client would then follow with half that for some shitty reps that looked more like an arm curl.

On the leg day I once again bemused some people. A guy was decline benching in the power rack so I warmed up while he finished. When I chucked the bench away he actually watched me for a bit. The first thing I did was 70kg hang snatches. The dude and some young guys (guess what they were training :hsughr:) weren't quite sure what I was up to. Then I moved onto squats. I felt good on the hang snatches so I put 125kg on the bar to do 3x8. The bar though was terrible on the knurling and wanted to slide off my shoulders and I couldn't firmly grasp it with my hands. So after my second set of 8 the gym dude (you know the friendly guy that everyone knows, is usually the biggest/strongest, big fish in a little pond) came over to chat. He made some comment about "working the back" by which I thought he meant that I was coming forward out of the hole. Turned out he doesn't like to squat because of his knee and how it hurts his back...:dunnodude: I never know quite how to deal with these comments. So I told him about my knee reconstruction and how I hate squatting any other way and what other exercises are terrible. He was a pretty decent guy and I think he may be squatting ATG next session. Next time I'm there I'd wager that most guys will be doing squats.

I moved onto SLDL, calves and leg presses. The SLDL's were a no show. The bar was just far too slippery to even grasp properly. I couldn't use the dumbbells as I would have needed the 55kg for 10 but they didn't have knurling at all, which made them difficult for calves :disgust: So I moved onto leg presses. Once again I worked in with a guy. He loaded up the sled with 4 plates (per side) and did his reps and then went off to superset arms or something else. Meanwhile I sat down and used his weights 1 legged :keke: On the second set he saw me doing the same weight and reps with one leg and there was a nod and shake of the head when I handed it over to him. :hsughr:

So my ego was stroked a bit, but I'd have liked to have been able to really do my best.

Oh and if any body wants the actual lifts and the like just reply with your own ego stroking story of the week.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
congrats man, looks good.
one long ass read, lol.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
nice adventures tim :keke:, i lol'd at some of them, like benching 110