• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Tim's Journeyman Log

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Beaten by a girl!

Nice squats there Tim.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ I can handle being beaten by a girl; as long as I get to shoot :carduindisguise

I forgot to mention that I weighed myself at the gym last night. I was 92kg, so actually 91kg in my barebones, meaning I'm over 200lbs. I looked at myself in the mirror last night and realised that I was retaining a lot of water for some strange reason. I think I need to start a mild cut to loose about 3% bodyfat. That should bring me back down to low teens were I look better but still can handle job/stress/travel etc.

Considering I haven't kept a food log in years I might do that just out of interest.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
awesome work Tim!
congrats on those DB presses
and thats some serious motivation right there with the little girl
USE THE ANGEERRR

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ I don't get angry at that sort of thing. I actually see that sort of thing and think "Well if she can do it then I sure as hell can do it too!"

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ LoL My partner hasn't really noticed a difference, but I have. I do seem to fluctuate in the water retention stuff for some reason which I can't see a cause for.

But being over 200lbs just doesn't feel right for me so I'll see if I can't drop a few % (winter weight :angrydude:) and then see how I go.

Training tonight so I feel the need to do snatches. Although I don't really want to disslocate my elbow (read: tear apart brutally) like that 77kg lifter!!

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ I don't get angry at that sort of thing. I actually see that sort of thing and think "Well if she can do it then I sure as hell can do it too!"

GET MEAAAN,, GET ANNGRRY>>

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Hypo that is some random shit! Gotta love the cat story from Mall Rats!

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ok I have lacked energy this last couple of days for some reason. Kinda annoying but I thought I'd lift today anyway. Of course it didn't take me too long to discover that I'm no-where near the level I was at a few days ago. I figured it out and just backed off a bit so that I don't hurt myself or overdo it for later.

Lower body

Hang snatch
40kg
60kg
70kg

Snatch
80kg
80kg (battled with both sets so went back to hang snatch)

Hang snatch
60kg
60kg
60kg
60kg
supersetted with
Fetch with the dog
x10
x10
x10
x10

Split squat/lunge
90kg
90kg
supersetted with
Leg curl
23kg
23kg
supersetted with
Standing calf raise
130kg
130kg
supersetted with
Fetch with the dog
x10
x10
x5
x5

Soundtrack:

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
lack of energy always sucks :no:, but your ses still looks good tim, keep it up :2:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
I love the "fetch with dog" sets. :keke:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ It was about time I included the random stuff I do while training in my log.

tkD: Yeh, I'm actually thinking that on top of the travel and the publication I put out this week that the heavy singles on the squats last week may have eaten into my recovery more than it should have. My lunges made my legs a bit stiff today but were 10% lighter than I would normally use.

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
you gotta train ur dog harder man. I have seen the vids and ur backyard isnt that big. 10 sprints in ur yard is not enough. Nice grueling long circuit like sets too.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ The dog actually gets about 3-4 workouts a day mostly short sprint work. But our backyard is deceptive, there is a longer section running the side of the house (country block!?).

Fox (our dog's) Workout Routine
7am
1min stretching
30x short sprints
Drink water
PWO dog biscuits

7:30am
2km walk
20mins cardio (HIIT)
2km walk
PWO water

4:30pm
1km walk
15mins HIIT
1km walk
PWO dog sausage

(on my training days only)
5pm
30x short sprints

As you can see she get plenty of cardio and power work. I'd like to get her into a bit more progressive training and some pulling work to build up the antagonists.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
You should make your dog a sled for sled-pulls. Do they do Strong-dog comps?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ LoL Would be a good way for progressive overload but it may ruin her stride pattern for running. She does prefer sprints and ball chasing events to Strong Dog comps.

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Awesome log man! Subscribed and ready to follow.

That cardio session looks like hell. I hate cardio every form. For my show every minute thrusted in hatred. Props for making through that entire day with constant cardio. Are you performing these sprints/pace cardio to improve athletic performance or what?

Sorry in advance if you mentioned it already.

Big VIC

Big VIC

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ The dog actually gets about 3-4 workouts a day mostly short sprint work. But our backyard is deceptive, there is a longer section running the side of the house (country block!?).

Fox (our dog's) Workout Routine
7am
1min stretching
30x short sprints
Drink water
PWO dog biscuits

7:30am
2km walk
20mins cardio (HIIT)
2km walk
PWO water

4:30pm
1km walk
15mins HIIT
1km walk
PWO dog sausage

(on my training days only)
5pm
30x short sprints

As you can see she get plenty of cardio and power work. I'd like to get her into a bit more progressive training and some pulling work to build up the antagonists.

If this how your log rolls I should be in here more often :methman:

Great work as well tim.:xyxthumbs:

P.S. your dog still owns you

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
KM: :bowroflarms: That was my dog's cardio routine........

Big Vic: If you read some of the earlier posts you'll see I used to always post random stuff as I didn't want to just do another log. Now-a-days it is only random on occassion.

Yes my dog makes everyone on this board look like a training whimp!

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ok two posts.

This post will be my new routine that I have been figuring out in my head (the first time it has been written down so feedback is welcome). I feel the need to change out some exercises and put in others, plus I'd like to fix up some weak points. I was considering dropping bench, but I realised I did that for 4 weeks a month ago, so it can stay for now.

Weaknesses
Calves: even though I have been working on these they have slipped a bit in the routine. As a result they haven't grown while I have added size everywhere else.
Hammys: I've added an inch to my thigh that would be mostly hammy. While I'm pleased they could do with some more mass and strength.
Triceps: I've treated them with kids gloves as I was getting elbow problems doing any type of extension. Now they seem to be fine that I have changed a few things so time to get them stronger as they are limiting my pressing.
Deltoids: I haven't done much in the way of overhead pressing or direct delt work in a long time (year). I'm still doing my weightlifting stuff so I don't want to overload them and end up with a return of my shoulder problem. So I'll add in some lateral raises done in the scapular plane to 50-60 degrees and some handstand pushups.

You'll notice that I have started doing all of these things in recent sessions. It is something I tend to do to make the change from one routine to the next less of a hit.

Day 1
Lower body (although not really)

Hang snatch 3-5 sets of 3 reps 80-90% (increasing sets as %max decreases with adaptation)
Single leg SLDL 5 sets of 5 reps 80%
Donkey calf raise 5 sets of 8 reps 75-80%
Back squat 3 sets of 8 reps

Accessories
Hammy curl 2 sets of 8-12
Step up 2 sets of 10-15
Calf raise 2 sets with squat weight

Day 2
Upper body

Incline bench 3-5 sets of 3 reps ~90%
Chinups 3-5 sets of 3 reps 80-90%

Accessories
Handstand pushups 3 sets as many as I can get (try to beat total reps)
Fatman pullups 2 sets 10-20
DB Bicep curl 2 sets 5-8
DB OH tricep ext 2 sets 10-15

Day 3
Lower body (kinda)

Hang C&J 3-5 sets of 3 80-90% (not sure if I should do the jerk seperately)
Deadlift 5 sets of 1-2 with ~95%
Split squat/lunge 2 sets of 8-10 reps
DB calf raise 5 sets of 6-8

Accessories
hammy curl 2 sets of 8-12
Grip work plate pinch or wrist roller?

Day 4
Upper body

Bench 3-5 sets of 6-8
DB Row 3-5 sets of 6-8

Accessories
Pushups 2 sets of 10-20
Rope rear fly 2 sets of 8
Rope tricep ext 2 sets of 8
BB Bicep curl 2 sets of 8

Rope jump/skipping will be done as a warmup for 3-5mins each day
Standard mobility and activation warmup drills as warmup

I am to raise my intensity a bit and do more general activity to start leaning down a bit for summer. I've been retaining water a bit of late and I've added about 1-1.5% bodyfat. Hope to treat both of these by dropping about 3%. I may also start riding to work twice a week which I may do on leg days. This will kill my leg weights but should be good for building some endurance and fitness that I'm currently lacking.