• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Tim's Journeyman Log

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
El Freako: try and find a milk crate or two. If that is too big try and knock together a couple of bits of wood or find an old chair (rubbish day, student accomodation, etc) and cut the legs off to height.

PriceVegeta: Split squat is what most people call a lunge. Lunges are when you stride with each rep, split squat you only stride on the first rep for each leg. They also tend to have a shorter foot placement than lunges to work the thigh more than the glutes and hammys. I've moved away from front striding lunges as it was aggrevating my knee. When I do lunges again I'll do a reverse lunge.

Markoo: :tiphat: thanks.

I'm going to take this week as a deload and do very little. Shoulder is acting up and I really need to just take a break. Hopefully I'll submit a couple of papers to the journals to publish this week, so that will be enough to deal with.

I'm going to think about going to a split to give my shoulders less volume overall. Should suck monkey ballz but will be easier to finish quickly and get out of the heat. We've gone to daylight saving here, which is ridiculous as we are ~500kms west of the time meridian and as a result already receive a lot of daylight hours in summer. Just means that late afternoon training is actually middle of the day. Going to have to start having dinner prior to weights.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ thanx for the info Tim! Take it easy and let the shoulder recover

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Fine work on the deads - rack deads were most impressive. Hope that shoulder clears up and the deload does the trick.

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Nice job on those rack deadlifts man :) Thats a huge weight.

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Awesome

I hate when the weather quickly changes i get hayfever all the time, just recently gotten it over the weekend with a little cold :tear:

Nice deadlifts bro your doing pretty good for your old age :keke: just joking bro :keke: .

Damn... with doing deadlifts and squats on the same day, now thats a workout from hell and to be able to still lift heavy numbers awesome work and congrats on that bro, as we all know deadlifts and sqauts rise test levels so with those two exercise joint together in 1 workout we have MEGA TEST levels :keke:

damn you people doing calve raises so easly with so much weight lol..
Congrats on an awesome workout session bro :tiphat:

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
El Freako: try and find a milk crate or two. If that is too big try and knock together a couple of bits of wood or find an old chair (rubbish day, student accomodation, etc) and cut the legs off to height.

Milk crate, good thinking. :xyxthumbs:

My only problem will be convincing the gym to keep it somewhere safe for me. Its a Fitness First and they're a bunch of twats. :dunnodude:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
PrinceVegeta: Yeh, I'll go and see a physio some stage soon and see what is actually wrong with it. I may have some scar tissue or an ossicle in there that will always give me grief.

Rocky: Yeh can't wait to be fresh and tackling those deads. The session a couple of weeks back I could've kept going I felt that good, now it's a battle. I reckon there is another 10-15kg in me when I feel fresh on deads.

Big_guns_lance: Be interesting to pull it off the floor. 2.5xBW for a double off the floor would be nice.

Driddrez: They were split squats, so think of a lunge that you don't stride every rep. So not as exhausting as you'd think and not as tough on the low back. And yeh hayfever is getting to me too!

El Freako: Fitness First :egh: In which case they should actually provide equipment like steps and stuff. Try a fitness step with a few extra levels on it. They are bound to have those ones.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
huuge deads timbo! those 15lb plates... are you standing ont hem fully? or just heels?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ I stand on them fully. Just trying to raise my height a bit so that the pins don't have to be lowered a full 2". Plus I'd have to drill more holes in my rack now.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Your workouts look interesting as always.Strong work there tim.Chins,dips ,deads looking great:xyxthumbs:
Why so low reps for certain exercises like a biceps curl for example?

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hey man, congrats on the rack deads
500+lbs is serious business !

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Lionheart: the bicep curls were low in reps because I thought I should have been able to get 7-8 reps and found I was exhausted and got 3. I probably should have dropped the weight off but I'm not trying to overdo my arms when they are already clearly worked hard. Low reps on the major exercises is because I'm not really aiming to get bigger and because I don't seem to like higher reps (I find it quite hard to do anything over 5-6 reps on squats). Having said that I am going to go in for some higher rep stuff at some stage soon.

Hypo: yep a PB on rack deads of 257.5kg that was only limited by the lack of more plates feels good. But now I want that +225kg off the floor.

I'm not training this week so here's what I did last night.

Jumpe Rope
3mins

Dumbbell Farmers Walk (2.5" thick bar)
35metres
15m
15m
10m
10m

Got a couple of photos of it.

Tonight I might play with the liquid gas bottle. 45kg empty 108kg full, so mine is somewhere in between. Should be fun!

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Interesting method of training^^ it should be fun indeed....u gonna post those pics?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
PV: I'll post a couple once I remember to bring me camera to work to download them. Got a couple more last night as well.

El Freako: thanks but I would prefer to live :greddy:

I did my gas bottle workout last night. Fair bit of fun and was surprisingly easy. After doing my 3mins of jumping rope I started off just carrying the bottle around the yard for distance. It was awkward but not super heavy (I've carried 250-300kg strainer posts in a similar fashion). Then then missus came out to take photos and suggested it would be more impressive for it to be overhead. So I contemplated how to get it overhead. After a couple of attempts with different methods it turned out the hang snatch was by far the easiest method. Due to its length it doesn't actually have to move as far as a barbell, plus you hold it with a neutral grip so you get more pull on the thing. I have no idea how much it weighed but it wasn't full so it wasn't 110kg, but it wasn't empty either so it was more than 50kg. I'd guess around 60kg but I may be surprised. I then went for walks around the yard with it overhead.

I'll try and remember the camera tomorrow and post some pics.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
So here are the farmers walk pics:
11231268 845064002242998 6321722127597827344 n

Uploadfromtaptalk1433107708640
43.5kg in each hand on a 2.5" (6.35cm) handle.

Attachments

• FW.JPG
    FW.JPG
    18.9 KB · Views: 66
  • FW2.JPG
    FW2.JPG
    25.6 KB · Views: 65
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
And the gas bottle stuff.
Uploadfromtaptalk1433107731970

Uploadfromtaptalk1433107754117
Looking at the expression on my face I'm guessing that the weight is pretty reasonable. I was so fresh when lifting and everything was so easy, I mashed my #2 gripper as well that day.

Attachments

• Gas lift 281008.JPG
    Gas lift 281008.JPG
    25 KB · Views: 57
  • GB.JPG
    GB.JPG
    22.7 KB · Views: 59
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Beastly looking fella ain't ya.