• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Tim's Journeyman Log

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Skeptic: :greddy:

El Freako: I like tight tights :49: They are the most comfy thing I have squatted in. Plus they keep the muscles warm and stop the lactate build up.

Essensen: :tiphat: I just make sure I warmup enough when I'm training on colder days. Plus those "tights" are actually good for promoting muscle warmth while wicking sweat. I know the cold does have an effect but it is about training long term.

BGL: I try not to shit on my legs :bowroflarms: Seriously though I lost the photos off my camera (battery went flat and lost a whole heap of stuff, including Dad's 60th photos). I can take some more at some stage, there are more on my Facebook.

tkD: :coolguy: I'm probably about 100kg off the pace of an Olympic lifter in each of the lifts. Hell the little Chinese girls out lift me. I'm hoping to get just a bit leaner by summer and figure out my water/salt intake so that I stop retaining water on some days.

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Less talking more workouts Tim. It has been two days since your last workout....:disgust:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Yeh we had a work function for two guys, one had been with the dept for 40 years, so had to celebrate. I did a light session last night which I hadn't planned on doing, mainly because the weather was so nice outside.

Pullups (did these because I was standing around waiting for the dog to bring the ball back while playing fetch)

Military press (did these to free up the shoulders a bit)
50kg x10
50kg x10
50kg x10

BB row (did these to get the contraction in the middle and lower traps and hold it)
50kg x10
50kg x10
50kg x10

Pushups

Some shoulder mobility work, and later on I did some massage on myself with a tennis ball.

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Yeh we had a work function for two guys, one had been with the dept for 40 years, so had to celebrate. I did a light session last night which I hadn't planned on doing, mainly because the weather was so nice outside.

Pullups (did these because I was standing around waiting for the dog to bring the ball back while playing fetch)

Military press (did these to free up the shoulders a bit)
50kg x10
50kg x10
50kg x10

BB row (did these to get the contraction in the middle and lower traps and hold it)
50kg x10
50kg x10
50kg x10

Pushups

Some shoulder mobility work, and later on I did some massage on myself with a tennis ball.

Keep up the work,
And yea the massages helps alot.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ thanks big fella. Massages are good and I need to have them more often.

Just finished training. Reasonably happy with the session, managed a PB on the chinups. Did a fair bit of warmups for the shoulders to make sure everything is okay, as they have been sore again.

Chinups
BW x5
20kg x5
40kg x2
45kg x3
45kg x3
45kg x3
20kg x8

Incline bench
60kg x5
80kg x5
100kg x1
110kg x1
110kg x1
110kg x2
110kg x2
90kg x5

V raises
7kg x5
5kg x8
5kg x10

BB Bicep curl
55kg x5
55kg x4

DB Tricep ext
17kg x12
17kg x12

Lateral raise
17kg x10
17kg x10

Soundtrack:

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
huge chins mate!

that chick is hot btw... i always love how the rest of the band acts throughout film clips in these type of bands HAHA

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Skeptic: I think you just notice it more in a female fronted band because the girl has to have a different look, being a girl. The guitarist has that "pissed off don't mess with me" rock attitude while the lyrics are about respect for nature. :bowroflarms:

SamoanZ: Hope it has a happy ending :spy:

Ok rack deadlifts again today. Took them down 2" but wasn't able to keep the weight up to last weeks mark. Bit disappointed even though I anihilated my previous best at this pin height. Oh and added 5kg to my snatch grip dead PB.

Snatch grip deadlift from the floor
60kg
100kg
120kg
140kg
155kg

Rack deadlift (1" below knee height)
177.5kg
197.5kg
217.5kg
237.5kg
247.5kg
257.5kg fail
257.5kg fail :crymeariver:

Split squat
95kg x4
95kg x8

DB calf raise
52kg x10
52kg x8

Hammy curl
25.5kg x5
25.5kg x5

Standing calf raise +hold
95kg x10 x10
95kg x12 x12

Soundtrack:

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Damn bro nice Deads sorry bout missing those last two when i was power training I got spots on those deads that i was missing.

And sadly no... no happy ending .. and my back was feeling awesome then I had to go off the work weighted cardio lol.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
LOL @ retarded Symphonic metal musicians HAHAHA

Massive deads mate :hsughr:

EDIT: the cheese of the lyrics in that song is fuckin mind boggling... cock rock eat your heart out.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
SamoanZ: Yeh I wasn't feeling as fresh this week and I've got aching muscles today, unlike last time. Also getting a spot on squats and deads = :gaygay:

Skeptic: I'm sorry but you are trying to say those lyrics are more cheesy than the "hardcore" world of death metal? Lyrics about cannibalisation, etc, is pretty lame; it's all about the shock value. Anyway any cheese that Epica has is negated by how hot Simone Simons is!
Epica_simone_simons-1.jpg

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
singing about cannibalism is hardly cheesy... shocking yes... but not cheesy lol

i agree about that pretty redhead negating the cheese :spy:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Skeptic: Lets take a good hard look at some Death Metal lyrics shall we? I think that they are cheesy because they are shocking for shock value with little acutal meaningful and poetical significance. All right they aren't singing about swords and dragons, but:
Cannibal Corpse said:
Swollen with liquid
Ready to burst
A load of my lymph
Will quench this dead body's thirst
One month in the grave
twisted and half decayed
She turned a putrid yellow
I pissed in her maggot filled asshole
Not exactly what I would call emotive or powerful lyrics deserving of the term poetic. They are therefore pretty lame lyrics that are trying to be hardcore for the sake of being hardcore. It's like the guys that strut around the gym claiming to be hardcore because of X poundage they just did on X lift. It's laughable because they lift weights in a gym, not exactly hardcore. These lyrics are in the same boat, they aren't hardcore because they are trying to be hardcore without evening knowing what this shit they utter is actually about.
/rant.

Oh and have you got any of the pics of the hottest women in metal features? I can think of a few that I'd like to see naked......

PrinceVegeta: Simone Simons is not just hot, she is a great singer. Ginger pride right there!!

Ok trained upper body tonight and it looks like I'll have to give up pressing for a bit. Shoulders have started playing up again. I'm guessing it is from last week when I was overdoing it a bit on an off day. Should have just stopped when I first felt :ugh:

Upper:

Bench
60kg
80kg
100kg
110kg x2
110kg x5 (shoulders felt ordinary so dropped down to)
80kg x12
80kg x12
80kg x12 (shoulders still felt :ugh: even at such a light weight, but the higher easy reps may go some way to helping recovery)

Thick bar DB rows
42kg
60kg
70kg
70kg
70kg
70kg

Rope thingy for back

Tricep rope thingy
5 (really changed my setup for these with my body flatter, more ROM and lower angle reached)

Soundtrack: These guys are even better live.

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Nice workout Tim, great strength in the flat bench.

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Delts may have been fatigued bro, but other than that nice looking reps lets keep it up.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
BGL: I was surprised at how it was just the reps that were down, not the strength. THe shoulders actually don't feel so bad for having done the workout that way.

SamoanZ: Wasn't prefatigue; I've had an on-going shoulder issue for some time now. I'm working on fixing it up but every time I get close I'll have an off day were I'll strain something again.

Ok legs last night on a pretty shitty day weather wise. I also spent a lot of the day chasing down references for my literature review. Lower back was still a bit fried from rack deads a few days ago, so I think I could have nailed the 140kg for 8 if I was fresher.

Single Leg SLDL
17kg
42kg
52kg x5
57kg x5
57kg x5
57kg x5

Squats
60kg
100kg
120kg
140kg x2
140kg x6
120kg x8

Standing calf raise
140kg x15
140kg x15

Soundtrack:
More Tea Party

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Good workout session bro, every log im seeing lately they are all been leg workouts, it making me feel badthat i havent trained mine yet :49:

those are some crazy calve raises bro : tiphat: top stuff!!

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Skeptic: Lets take a good hard look at some Death Metal lyrics shall we? I think that they are cheesy because they are shocking for shock value with little acutal meaningful and poetical significance. All right they aren't singing about swords and dragons, but:

Not exactly what I would call emotive or powerful lyrics deserving of the term poetic. They are therefore pretty lame lyrics that are trying to be hardcore for the sake of being hardcore. It's like the guys that strut around the gym claiming to be hardcore because of X poundage they just did on X lift. It's laughable because they lift weights in a gym, not exactly hardcore. These lyrics are in the same boat, they aren't hardcore because they are trying to be hardcore without evening knowing what this shit they utter is actually about.
/rant.

Death metal lyrics arent supposed to mean much... hence why you cant understand them. Do you know that they dont know what its about? i dont understand what you meant by that... they are pretty straight forward lyrics :keke:

I never said death metal lyrics werent lame :D And being a musician yourself you should at least be able to understand that the vocals in death metal arent there for the lyrics.

Please stop trying to belittle the music i love... i was hardly making fun of yours, i was just making a joke :xyxthumbs:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^
hugz.jpg

Yeh I don't get it because they don't mean anything makes sense.

But the statement about them not knowing; unless they are serial killers, or morticians, or pretty mentally fucked, they really don't know this stuff. But yeh I get it, I just think it's cheesy as a result. I'm getting more into death metal but still find it odd.

Actually I was listening to Wuthering Heights (Celtic Death Metal) last night and am getting a bit of a wider scope on metal in general.

Dridz: yeh train legs!!! Mine are aching a bit today. Finally hit the calves hard enough.