• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Tim's Journeyman Log

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Looking nice bro Looking nice, loving the heavy calf rasies loving the elg work way to go lets keep it going!

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
^^

Yeh I don't get it because they don't mean anything makes sense.

But the statement about them not knowing; unless they are serial killers, or morticians, or pretty mentally fucked, they really don't know this stuff. But yeh I get it, I just think it's cheesy as a result. I'm getting more into death metal but still find it odd.

Actually I was listening to Wuthering Heights (Celtic Death Metal) last night and am getting a bit of a wider scope on metal in general.

Dridz: yeh train legs!!! Mine are aching a bit today. Finally hit the calves hard enough.

hehe its an accquired taste :keke:

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nice sessions. Hope the shoulder thing is only a passing niggle and does not affect your training too much.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Nice lifts on your squats Timbo!

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
SamoanZ: Thanks dude.

Skeptic: Yeh, the missus doesn't like metal (or music in general) at all. But her new favourite bands are symphonic metal, and she doesn't mind "A Toute Le Monde" by Megadeth.

Rocky: THanks for stopping by dude. Check this post for my tribute to your massive dips. I think my shoulder in general may be lacking strength and mobility. I'm dropping all benching for a month or two and doing shoulder pressing and upping the stretching routine.

El Freako: The squat will get bigger. My hammys are getting better and now things are going up. I was tired and stiff when I did those, so I can expect more very soon.

Ok so I have dropped all benching and am trying to do more shoulder work. I used to be able to shoulder press 50kg dumbbells (at BW of 82kg) so I'm a long way off where I was at my best with these.

Upper

Chinup
BW x5
BW x2
20kg x5
40kg x2
46.5kg x2
46.5kg x2
20kg x8
20kg x6

supersetted with

Dips
BW x5
BW x5
20kg x5
40kg x5
46.5kg x5
46.5kg x5
20kg x8
20kg x8 (dips were a lot harder than I thought they would be)

V raise
5kg x10
5kg x8

Shoulder press
32kg x8
32kg x8

Fatman pullups

Bicep curl
55kg x3
55kg x2

Tricep OH Ext
20kg x6
20kg x6

Soundtrack:

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Solid sessions u have been having lately man!!

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Epic chins dude! I'm going to have to see if I can beat you...

someday :ughnoes:

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Very nice chins and dips man, Dips are the key to getting a bigger bench bro so it'll be good.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
holly dips tim, chinups impressive as well, good job overall :2:

p.s. i like the session soundtrack ;)

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
those weighted chins are great tim. What's a "fatman pullup"?

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
PrinceVegeta: Thanks dude. I'm happy with the sessions but my general energy is down a bit. I could actually get a bit more out of lifting if I was a bit fresher.

El Freako: "Train for it and it will come" - yes that is paraphrased from Waynes World 2. Just keep at it and you'll get it. Though gotta be smart about it.

SamoanZ: I agree. My bench and dips used to be very closely linked, but that has stopped in the last couple of years. Don't know why, maybe my triceps always limited me in the past and then stopped. Either way, triceps are my weakpoint now.

tkD: Thanks dude. Nothing like some AC/DC!! Much better than the bands that try to rip it off now.

Storm and PV: fatman pullups are an inverted pushup. Take a bar and place it on a rack just above arms length from the ground. THen lay under the bar so that you are in a reverse pushup position. Then pull yourself to the bar contracting with the traps and lats.

Ok I started to train last night and gave it away. I did my warmup and then started in on snatch grip deadlifts. Instead of being able to do my normal 155kg with the overhand grip I battled with 140kg. The grip being down is a good indicator of overtraining, having an off day or whatever. So I jumped rope for 10-15mins and called it a night. I'll try again today but I didn't sleep well so may have to put it off again.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sweet job Tim - those chins and dips are mighty indeed! Nice going - especially with all those sets!

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ I like a bit more volume on heavy stuff rather than going all out. Seems to save the joints a bit, and I ain't as young as I used to be.

Finally got around to doing my deadlift day but it still sucked. The weather has been muggy and haven't been sleeping well, stupid thunderstorms!!! I was going to lift last night but it was still 30 degrees at 5.30pm (sunset) and humidty up in the 80's. Just would have dehydrated and felt crap. Anyway here is the details from the other evening.

Snatch grip deadlift
60kg x5
100kg x5
140kg x2
150kg x1 (grip better but not 100%)

Rack deadlift (lowest pin height plus 15lb plate under feet)
177.5kg x2
217.5kg x2
227.5kg x2
237.5kg x1 (battled to get this and lower back was the limiter)
177.5kg x6

Split squat
60kg x5
100kg x5
100kg x5

Seated calf raise
80kg x15
100kg x15
120kg x15
120kg x15

Hammy curl
25kg x6
25kg x6

Standing calf raise
100kg x10
100kg x26

Soundtrack:

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
good job Tim, snatch grip deads are looking great, keep up the good job!

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
I'm planning on giving snatch grip a try pretty soon, how different does it feel?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
tkD: :tiphat:

El Freako: The snatch grip means you have to go deeper with the hips and you are slightly more bent over. The grip itself is not that easy as it is overhand all the way. I'm thinking I might try the hook grip with it at some stage. The pull itself you will notice more on the upper back and the hips due to the wider grip and deeper start position. It is not dissimilar to deadlifts from a deficit.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
I've been reading up on it and also on doing platform deads with a snatch grip for an epic ROM. I'm going to try WSB method for my training soon so I'm researching all the alternate exercise options they use. I need to find myself a low box now, my legs are too short to use a bench and get below parallel on box squats :(.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Session looks strong man!!

Whats a split squat?